• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Same-sex marriage and gay rights in general: Yes or No?

Your stance on gay marriage and gay rights?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

J.T.

ಠ_ಠ
I never recall saying I was racist. Care to tell me where I did?

Boy, there are a lot of points flying overhead these days, aren't there? Must be migration time.

I never said you were racist. You said
May as well not call me a bigot again either. I'm fine with pretty much every ethnic group and race. My problem is with sex-rights.
which I said was a load of ****, because bigot is not a synonym for racist. You're acting like you can't be a bigot because you only hate gays, not people of different races. That's not how the word bigot works.

wow, just stumbled on this thread and there's some pretty strong veiws flying about!

Yeah, this is one of those topics.

what i think the biggest point that is coming across from this is that anybody who feels uncomfortable with certain aspects of a gay lifestyle, whether that be the idea of gay marrige or gay pride or gay stereotypes, are automaticaly then lablled as bad ppl.

If the only part of the thread that you read is Zenotwapal's "BAAAW I'M BEING PERSECUTED" posts, then it may well seem that way (and earning your pity is exactly why Zeno acts that way), but in reality no one here is doing that at all. Hell, several people on the pro-gay side (me included) agree on the idea that gay pride parades are somewhat disturbing. We're not calling anyone terrible people for disliking aspects associated with homosexuality. We're showing people why their preconceived views on homosexuality have no bearing on whether or not they deserve equal rights.

and thats kinda stupid, its not bad if someone feels a certain way, what is bad is if ppl start giving these ppl a hard time for thinking that way.

I agree with you, which is why I don't do that, and why I call out people who do even if they're on my side. Unfortunately, throughout this thread, it seems to be more the gay-rights opponents who do such things.

sometimes rather than fighting an endless battle it is just easier to accpet that ppl beleive differently and have different views

This wouldn't be much of a debate forum if we did that.

and shouldn't be critisized unless they react in a negative way because of those views.

The problem is, people do react in a negative way because of those views. Look no further than Matthew Shepard to get an example of that, or the passing of such acts and laws as DOMA, DADT, and Prop 8. That's why this is such a heated topic.

Last edited:

smellaby

oops i think i have just learnt a lesson, new to the site, didnt see bit at the top which said "Debate Forum", just saw the thread as it was having alot of replies...thread makes abit more sense now lol

Antiyonder

Overlord
oops i think i have just learnt a lesson, new to the site, didnt see bit at the top which said "Debate Forum", just saw the thread as it was having alot of replies...thread makes abit more sense now lol

And I do apoligze if my comments seem to be harsh, but a big part of the problem is that the posters against gay rights don't really take the debates seriously.

A big part of the problem is that their reasons tend to be hypocritical. For example:

1. Homosexuality isn't natural, therefore it's wrong: The problem with this argument is that people embrace many things not natural. Or at the very least look the other way.

For instance, plastic surgery certainly isn't natural, so why don't those against hmosexuality protest against it?

2. Gay couples can't have kids: The problem with this argument is that vasectomized couples can't have kids either, yet no one is looking to deny them marriage. And yes some heterosexual couples go out of the way to avoid having kids, so why aren't those couples denied marriage?

I could go on, but I hope you see my point. Whenever I submit these responses to the arguments in question, the response is conveniently ignored.

Then there's the faulty comparison to murder and rape. But homosexual relationships are based off consent or to put it another way, the people involved chose their relationship. Rape and murder on the other hand lack consent and cause one to be victimized.

And considering that TheFightingPikachu even voted that homosexuals should be punished (death likely being the punishment) can you really blame us for being less pleasant?

Last edited:

Ethan

Banned
Holla,

I'm going to close this and remake it myself later. No ones in trouble, it would just be nice to have a cleaner thread for debate. All the quote walls are getting on my nerves.

So sit tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.