• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Same Sex Schools?

Well...are you against Same sex Schools, and why or why not?

I am not against it, I'm actually going to an all-girls high schoolo next year! YAY! X3 But anyways...I've been there...*counts* 4 times, and through my observations, the girls don't seem half as catty at my school. I think it is because with no boys around, (Well, at that school, they come over for some classes, since the all-girls and all-boys schools are side by side) girls aren't fightingfor attention by spreading rumors...ect.

So, what do you think?

I'm against same sex schools.
A lot of personal relationships start in school, i.e. boyfriend and girlfriend relationships.
If you go to a same sex school then I think it limits your social life in a way.

EDIT: first post yay!!! ^_^

Last edited:

Aksyel

Ya Soshla S Uma
think it limits your social life in a way.

I'd like you to elaborate on how, since in public schools all the guys hang out with other guys and all the girls hang out with other girls. The only way I can see it being just a little true is not having your boyfriend at school. However, friends go out together which is how 99.9% of relationships start. Not in school. Outside of school, when you're having fun.

the jman

Ak47 I choose you!
i would see most of the girls in your schools as lesbians. AND girls always fight and start rumors : Fact of life.

Originally Posted by Shiny hunter Reece
think it limits your social life in a way.

I'd like you to elaborate on how, since in public schools all the guys hang out with other guys and all the girls hang out with other girls. The only way I can see it being just a little true is not having your boyfriend at school. However, friends go out together which is how 99.9% of relationships start. Not in school. Outside of school, when you're having fun.

It's a bit different where I am. You often see guys hanging out with girls. It's still more guys hanging out with guys, but there is still quite a few guys hanging out with girls. Statistics and all that are probably different too. From what I've seen, a lot of relationships seem to start at my school, or being at school together plays a part.

the jman

Ak47 I choose you!
its true. if you dont have experience with the other sex than your not going to get very far in life.

granbull guy

Vasoline
*Clears Throught* Umm...excuse me? I'm a boy and I hang out with girls all the time;

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
I go to an all-boys school and now I'm not sure if that was such a good idea. I have AS, so it's hard enough for me to develop interpersonal relationships as it is, but I had no female friends until only a few months ago, and even now I still have very few. It's also been shown that boys behave better in mixed schools (they don't want to make fools of themselves in front of them). However, there are also more distractions for both sexes...

On the whole, I'm not so sure that single-sex schools are a good idea. They've stunted my social growth.

Even more than it would have been stunted in the first place.

LegendaryRotom

I decided to go to an all-girls Catholic high school for a few years, and let me tell you;
It was the best choice I had ever made in my life.

Everyone seemed at peace. There was no fighting, no troubles with relationships, no senseless drama...
it was so much more likable to be around than a co-ed school. All of the teachers were amazing, the staff, even the principal.
Everyone is more understanding in a same-sex school because they only have to appeal to one sex.
In my experiance, It's easier to learn in a same-sex school as well.
The quality of education is almost indefinitely better.

I had to move out of the school because of financial problems, and I really dislike public school compared to being in an all-girls school.
It took me months to get used to being around guys again, and I still feel uncomfortable around them.
But, in truth, being in that school helped me become who I am today. If I had gone straight into co-ed, I probably would have been a completely different person.

Aksyel

Ya Soshla S Uma
*Clears Throught* Umm...excuse me? I'm a boy and I hang out with girls all the time;
I didn't realize you represented every guy on the planet, excuse me. I was speaking for the majority. :/
im against increases the number of gay/lesbic and bisectual people.
You're the biggest idiot on the planet, aren't you? : 3

Phailsafe

Like a Boss!
I'm against same sex schools.
A lot of personal relationships start in school, i.e. boyfriend and girlfriend relationships.
If you go to a same sex school then I think it limits your social life in a way.

EDIT: first post yay!!! ^_^

I agree with him fully.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Aksyel- I hung around girls as well when I was in high school
Pastel-.... I am just gonna ignore that, this is not the Gay marriage thread...

I am not against same sex schools but I wouldn't want to go to one, here's why I find it easier to talk to girls better then boys, I mean with a guy I don't know what to say half of the time, if I share my feelings too much they might think I am a wuss or something, but some girls (I am not saying all) aren't like that and listen. So my social life would have been more non existence in a same sex school (Well it depends, I just never found a guy I had common interests in. There were quite a few guys in HS that were nice to me so you never know)

muumajii23

I'm all for them. The different sexes learn in better in different ways, therefore same-sex schools can have a large, positive effect on one's education. (Would find a source, but I'm kinda lazy/rushed)

In my eyes, socializing can be done outside of school as well as in school.

Don't. Even. Go. There.

Clearly you didn't even go to school as shown by your spelling skills.

I am against same sex schools. Male/female interaction is necessary for healthy development, and no, some students will never receive that unless they go to school. And for some students, going to college and entering coed dorms would be pretty shocking. They need that experience before hand. Not to mention, same sex schools would cost too much. Many communities in America are too poor to even keep single schools running, and the start building even more schools and having to pay even more teachers, would be impossible for many communities. Mixing male and female works just fine, no need to break it.

the jman

Ak47 I choose you!
what about charter schools? wouldnt they also play the same roles in segregation, and cause further stupidity in life as you dont have life skills with the opposite race's which can cause racism in life.

FlawLass

I am against same sex schools,it is good to start a healthy relationship young.Everyone has a choice to pick if they want to or not.

i would see most of the girls in your schools as lesbians.
Guess what? There are lesbians at your school too. It doesn't matter if you go to a same-sex school. There will be homosexuals no matter what. We're all different anyway.

AND girls always fight and start rumors : Fact of life.
Oh? Are you sure? Maybe if boys weren't the problem....

Anyways, my sister went to a all-girls high school. I personally have no opinion for or against it. They seemed to have a more rigorous curriculum, though.