• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sample Team (To learn the game mechanics)

Ampy

Light The Stars
I don't know if this is the right place to put this, but I've been thinking about this for awhile and I'd like to make sample team for the newer raters to try to rate. This team has mistakes, and it's on purpose... it's to see if any of you can point them out.

392Infernape.png

Infernape@Life Orb
Adamant Nature
Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA/64 Atk/192 Spe
Stealth Rock
Fake Out
Fire Blast
Close Combat

LeadApe is a good answer to many common leads, especially Roserade who I can destroy with Fake Out and Fire Blast before she can put me to sleep with Sleep Powder. The Adamant Nature boosts Fake Out and Close Combat and gives me some extra power.

121Starmie.png

Starmie@Leftovers
Timid Nature
Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA/252 Spe/4 HP
Rapid Spin
Surf
Thunderbolt
Recover

Starmie makes a good counter for Infernape, and resists both STABs and also a good Rapid Spinner... I'm horrible at EVs... someone?

214Heracross.png

Heracross@Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP
Close Combat
Megahorn
Night Slash
Stone Edge

One of the best revenge killers in the game... Humongous attack, and decent speed coupled with two 120 BP STABs is insane. Close Combat and Megahorn for STAB, Night Slash for coverage and Stone Edge for Flying types

376Metagross.png

Metagross@Leftovers
Impish Nature
Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 Atk
Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Light Screen
Explosion

This thing is rare, but it packs quite a punch.... EV help plz.

482Azelf.png

Azelf@Expert Belt
Timid Nature
Levitate
Nasty Plot
Psychic
Flamethrower
HP Grass

One of the best Nasty Plotters out there... great Speed coupled with great Special Attack. I suck with moves so some help would be nice...

475Gallade.png

Gallade@Life Orb
Adamant Nature
Steadfast
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spe
Swords Dance
Close Combat
Shadow Sneak
Ice Punch

Lucario is stupid and overrated... this thing has more power, for the cost of speed... Again I suck with EVs.​

Well there it is... I'm hoping the Mods can make this a sticky or something and then the members can PM the rates to me or someone...

Terry. T.

One and Only...
I don't know if this is the right place to put this, but I've been thinking about this for awhile and I'd like to make sample team for the newer raters to try to rate. This team has mistakes, and it's on purpose... it's to see if any of you can point them out.

392Infernape.png

Infernape@Life Orb
Jolly Nature
Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/6 Spd
Flare Blitz
Fake Out
ThunderPunch
Close Combat

LeadApe is a good answer to many common leads, especially Roserade who I can destroy with Fake Out and Fire Blast before she can put me to sleep with Sleep Powder. The Adamant Nature boosts Fake Out and Close Combat and gives me some extra power.

Okay, mistakes cleared. Adamant + Fire Blast=Stupid.

121Starmie.png

Starmie@Leftovers
Timid Nature
Natural Cure
Rapid Spin
Surf
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam

Starmie makes a good counter for Infernape, and resists both STABs and also a good Rapid Spinner... I'm horrible at EVs... someone?

Only one mistake!?

214Heracross.png

Heracross@Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
Swarm
Close Combat
Megahorn/Bug Bite
Night Slash
Stone Edge

One of the best revenge killers in the game... Humongous attack, and decent speed coupled with two 120 BP STABs is insane. Close Combat and Megahorn for STAB, Night Slash for coverage and Stone Edge for Flying types

This looks fine. But Megahorn's too risky. Bug Bite is better.

376Metagross.png

Metagross@Leftovers
Impish Nature
Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 Atk
Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Zen Headbutt
Explosion

Nearly all good.

482Azelf.png

Azelf@Expert Belt
Jolly Nature
Levitate
Explosion
Zen Headbutt
Fire Punch
ThunderPunch

One of the best Nasty Plotters out there... great Speed coupled with great Special Attack. I suck with moves so some help would be nice...

475Gallade.png

Gallade@Life Orb
Adamant Nature
Steadfast
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spe
Psycho Cut
Close Combat
Shadow Sneak
Ice Punch

Lucario is stupid and overrated... this thing has more power, for the cost of speed... Again I suck with EVs.​

Izzat fail? Yeah.

Well there it is... I'm hoping the Mods can make this a sticky or something and then the members can PM the rates to me or someone...

Probably not the sticky stuff. But yeah.

RayRay

asillywonderfulman
@ Ampy - This is a nice idea. But instead of sticky-ing it, maybe make a different team each week, and the newbs/noobs can correct it within the thread, and the more experienced raters can gently correct them if need be?

Heracross - Mega Horn and Night Slash get much the same coverage. Give him a Life Orb and change Night Slash to Swords Dance. Change ability to Guts, because if he gets Burnt or Poisoned, his Attack raises 1.5 times, making him a real force to be reckoned with.

Terry, Starmie wants Recover on a Rapid Spin set, as she will head out, get hurt by Stealth Rocks etc, Spin them away and then Recover the damage.

I'll leave the rest to the nooblets <3

Last edited:

Terry. T.

One and Only...
Terry, Starmie wants Recover on a Rapid Spin set, as she will head out, get hurt by Stealth Rocks etc, Spin them away and then Recover the damage.

I thought Starmie was "all out or get killed" as its Defense is really low.
You may get killed while blowing away the SRs, though. Hmm.

RayRay

asillywonderfulman
^ I should have changed her EVs --> 136 HP / 156 Def / 216 Spe. Gives her a bit of bulk, thus allowing her to Spin and Recover. The EVs she currently has would be for her Choice/Orb sets.

Terry. T.

One and Only...
^ I should have changed her EVs --> 136 HP / 156 Def / 216 Spe. Gives her a bit of bulk, thus allowing her to Spin and Recover. The EVs she currently has would be for her Choice/Orb sets.

That's fine, but we need SpA.

RayRay

asillywonderfulman
That's fine, but we need SpA.

Not necessarily. She is powerful enough as she is without needing SpAtk EVs. This is more of a utility set, not so much an attacking set. Yes she has Surf and Thunderbolt, to get out of situations if need be, but we wouldn't use her to be doing a lot of damage. If we wanted her to be a Sweeper, then you would be correct - 252SpAtk/252Spe/4 HP with - Surf/Hydro Pump, Grass Knot, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt and give her Choice Specs or Scarf.

Terry. T.

One and Only...
Not necessarily. She is powerful enough as she is without needing SpAtk EVs. This is more of a utility set, not so much an attacking set. Yes she has Surf and Thunderbolt, to get out of situations if need be, but we wouldn't use her to be doing a lot of damage. If we wanted her to be a Sweeper, then you would be correct - 252SpAtk/252Spe/4 HP with - Surf/Hydro Pump, Grass Knot, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt and give her Choice Specs or Scarf.

Grass Knot? Psychic's kinda better. Covers other Pokémon.

Vaporeon4evr

Cyndakill
Grass Knot? Psychic's kinda better. Covers other Pokémon.

Actually, Grass Knot gets the jump on bulky waters and Water/Grounds, and has the capacity for 120 Base Power. Psychic offers very little in the way of coverage, as it only gets SE hits on Fighting and Poison, which is why Grass Knot is typically preferred. You can still use Psychic, however. It's just that Psychic is rater useless coverage-wise, unless it's STAB.

Terry. T.

One and Only...
Actually, Grass Knot gets the jump on bulky waters and Water/Grounds, and has the capacity for 120 Base Power. Psychic offers very little in the way of coverage, as it only gets SE hits on Fighting and Poison, which is why Grass Knot is typically preferred. You can still use Psychic, however. It's just that Psychic is rater useless coverage-wise, unless it's STAB.

Psychic IS STAB.

Ampy

Light The Stars
@ Ampy - This is a nice idea. But instead of sticky-ing it, maybe make a different team each week, and the newbs/noobs can correct it within the thread, and the more experienced raters can gently correct them if need be?

Heracross - Mega Horn and Night Slash get much the same coverage. Give him a Life Orb and change Night Slash to Swords Dance. Change ability to Guts, because if he gets Burnt or Poisoned, his Attack raises 1.5 times, making him a real force to be reckoned with.

I'll leave the rest to the nooblets <3

Thank you, I think I'll try that. The team'll get old fast if it's stickied :/

Terry. T.

One and Only...

Change the Pokémon every day or so.

RayRay

asillywonderfulman

And we've only fixed Starmie today xD

Ampy

Light The Stars
@Terry, I read through your rate... why did you make Azelf physical? I already have 3.5 Physical attackers, and making Azelf Physical would only leave me with 1.5 Special Attackers. Also Ape has SR because it's a lead... Metagross and Gallade do not need Zen Headbutt and Psycho Cut... since they get pretty bad coverage

Poiuytrewqlo

Mexican Battler :D

392Infernape.png

Infernape@Focus Sash
Naive Nature
Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA/64 Atk/192 Spe
Stealth Rock
Fake Out
Fire Blast
Close Combat

Naive nature, so you get the extra speed boost, and neither Fire Blast or CC/Fake out are effected. Infernape isnt the bulkiest pokemon ever, so sticking a sash on him allows him to set up a sure SR, and also beat Heatran (sashless ones of course)

121Starmie.png

Starmie@Leftovers
Timid Nature
Natural Cure
EVs: 136 HP / 156 Def / 216 Spe
Rapid Spin
Surf
Thunderbolt
Recover

Standard Spinner, EVs allow it to Survive a +1 DD Gyaras EQ. Starmie switches in on the DD, takes SR dmg, then OHKOs back with thunderbolt, if gyara has taken SR damage before hand.

214Heracross.png

Heracross@Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
Guts
Close Combat
Megahorn
Night Slash
Stone Edge

IMO, guts is better, since roserade toxic spike leads are common nowadays, take advantage of the toxic spikes before you spin them away.

376Metagross.png

Metagross@Leftovers
Impish Nature
Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP/240 Def/12 Atk
Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Light Screen
Explosion

Im guessing, this is a tank gross? Standard EVs are standard, not even a +2 Life Orb Lucario will OHKO this, while you OHKO it back with EQ.

482Azelf.png

Azelf@Expert Belt
Timid Nature
Levitate
Nasty Plot
Psychic
Flamethrower
Grass Knot/HP Fighting

Grass Knot for Vappys/Perts, IMO HP Fighting is the superior choice, as it kills off Heatrans, TTars, and could threaten Snorlax/Blissey boosted.

475Gallade.png

Gallade@Life Orb
Adamant Nature
Steadfast
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Swords Dance
Close Combat
Shadow Sneak/Night Slash
Ice Punch

Standard for a sweeper, max attack/speed. Night Slash could be in place of SS, but the priority on SS is also nice to take down faster things, such as Starmie,Gengar, or Latias threatening your sweep.

Suggestions in BOLD

AlCario

Banned
^You seem to have your head screwed on the right way.

Me, I'd say that this team is weak to a certain very common OU threat. I won't spoil it, though.

dukefan5

Well, I havent rated yet because I have been trying to lurk, but the team seems somewhat dd salamence weak.

Well, as I have obviously never rated, sorry if this is off, but I would like to learn how to rate teams better...
-Dukefan5

AlCario

Banned
Well, I havent rated yet because I have been trying to lurk, but the team seems somewhat dd salamence weak.

Well, as I have obviously never rated, sorry if this is off, but I would like to learn how to rate teams better...
-Dukefan5

Not bad. After a Dance DDMence can outspeed Scarf Hera and proceed to sweep the entire team.

There's also another one, but this one is only a problem once Infernape's out of the picture.

Last edited: