• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sam's Cringe-Worthy Art

Samayouru

Rabid Dusclops Fan
So... um... hi.

I draw a lot.​

To be honest I'm not very confident in my abilities, but I thought I might as well start showing my art here because reasons. I mostly work with copics and watercolours, and I'm heavily influenced by Ken Sugimori's old style for the Gen 1/Gen 2 Pokemon games.

Enjoy.

happy_birthday__kenisu3000__by_laevateinnunowen-dabshhk.png

I drew this for a friend's birthday. He's a huge fan of the MOTHER franchise (as am I) so I whipped up a drawing of his favourite character, Ninten. He loved it!

swirly_by_laevateinnunowen-dacz28y.png

Got bored one day and started doodling monster designs. I found that I quite liked this little critter. I call him Swirly, I don't actually have a name for the species yet but I'm definitely going to make more of them in the future!

Sketchie

literally some guy
Oh man, what kind of scanner are you using? One better than mine, that's for sure.

I really like your shading! Especially on Swirly. (He's really cute, by the way!) There's a very nice gradient going on there. I would suggest, however, to keep in mind where your light source is, though this is mostly for Ninten there's some highlights on Swirley that seem off (like his hind leg highlight). Your clothes fall really well on Ninten, it looks very good! Especially the pants, they look natural. A lil tip for tucking in a shirt, though, all those lines draw attention to his belt, which is kind of odd. Less is more with wrinkles and tucks, too many and it gets very busy.

I love you coloring, though, I love the colors your using and how you're using them. Those hands are damn good too! These aren't cringe-worthy at all, my guy. I hope you post more of your art!

Samayouru

Rabid Dusclops Fan
Oh man, what kind of scanner are you using? One better than mine, that's for sure.

I really like your shading! Especially on Swirly. (He's really cute, by the way!) There's a very nice gradient going on there. I would suggest, however, to keep in mind where your light source is, though this is mostly for Ninten there's some highlights on Swirley that seem off (like his hind leg highlight). Your clothes fall really well on Ninten, it looks very good! Especially the pants, they look natural. A lil tip for tucking in a shirt, though, all those lines draw attention to his belt, which is kind of odd. Less is more with wrinkles and tucks, too many and it gets very busy.

I love you coloring, though, I love the colors your using and how you're using them. Those hands are damn good too! These aren't cringe-worthy at all, my guy. I hope you post more of your art!

Super late response, but thank you for your kind words (and for the advice)! It makes me so glad when people like the art that I produce! I'll keep what you said in mind about the tucks - that'll come in handy for the future!

Had to drop everything for a while in favour of making some art pieces for an upcoming sale in my village. I went for some astrological star signs!

leo_by_laevateinnunowen-dag70px.png

capricorn_by_laevateinnunowen-dag70at.png

I prefer Leo to be honest but at the very least they're out of the way and I can go work on other big projects now!

Samayouru

Rabid Dusclops Fan
Wowwwww it's been a while since I uploaded anything to my art gallery.

So with S&M on the way (it comes out on the 23rd for us in Europe), I'd thought I'd whip up a piece of art of one of my favourite legendaries - Giratina!

5f1954eab504142e2a156cb22339bf73-daomf2q.png

I guess a lot of the influence comes from me playing through my English and German copies of Platinum. I'd forgotten just how good this game is - especially when compared to D/P. I also spent some time messing around with filters in photoshop and I'm rather pleased with how it turned out.