• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sand in UU (peaked 1st, currently hold 11th)

cara.

Nerd status
Yep you guessed it, a sandstorm RMT but for UU. ;) I figured I'd try out Sandstorm and see how viable it is in UU, turns it it's very viable and quite broken. I currently hold rank 11, on PO-PO server, but have peaked 1st multiple times; still there is some flaws about my team some of you may be able to help with that! So without further ado here is the team! (sorry dont know how to put images with my rmt, ill edit it later and make it pretty)

Hippopotas (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Roar
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
Hippopotas serves as my sand streamer and sets up my stealth rock as well as phazing. Went with a physical spread since gastrodon takes any water/ice thrown at it thrown at it while togekiss / sigil take grass. It's taunt bait yes, but I'm not dumb where I'd keep him in against a taunter. Moves are standard bar earthquake, wouldn't be worth it anyways with the low attack imo.

Stoutland (F) @ Silk Scarf
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Frustration
- Crunch
- Wild Charge
- Fire Fang
This. thing. is. a. beast. in. sand. period. With over 500 Speed and decent attack ,Stoutland, is an absolute monster for any sand offence. Ev spread is standard moveset is standard using silk scarf over choice band for bluff, though i might switch back to band.

togeskill (Togekiss) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 248 SDef / 8 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- Thunder Wave

Ah togekiss how I love your ability to hax and make nerds rage. Literally that's why togekiss is in my team to make people rage with hax abuse, believe me it's annoying. Standard EVs with a lil more in speed to outspeed other standard togekiss and skill them down via hax.
(NOTE: Debating on putting curselax here instead for taking special hits like ice beams thunderbolts and flamethrowers, what do you guys think?)

Gastrodon (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 4 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 248 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Surf
- Recover

Now you're probably thinking, "wtf cara why would you use an offensive gastrodon"? answer is simple: Offensive gastrodon grapes most teams unprepared for it and since EVERY UU team has a bulky water I nearly always get a storm drain boost which raises her sp attack to somewhere in the 400s. Put that coupled with only 1 weakness and many immunities and legit coverage this thing is beastly. Moves are standard for coverage while recover heals off Life orb damage. EV spread is a tad awkward no speed because gastro isnt going to outspeed much anyways so i dumped those into sp def to take ice beams better HP is already high enough doesnt need over 400 for UU.

Sigilyph (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Air Slash
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Stored Power

Sigilyph is an absolute beast with this set. Always love when heracross' switches in and eats an air slash, has caused so many rageforfeits. Set is awkward and not seen much honestly idk why i run it over standard, guess I just like to be different. ;) Max HP for bulk max defence since calm mind boosts my sp defence anyways. Life orb as item because I get the damage boost w/o the recoil.

Houndoom (F) @ BlackGlasses
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Crunch
- Overheat
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
Another awkward set I run. Houndoom's only purpose it to absorb WoW and pursuit the running ghost. He's also my standard sigilyph counter since psycho shift wont affect him nor does stored power. Spread is obvious seeing as 3 of his attacks are physical and overheat is just there for a hit and run. Using blackglasses over Life orb because entry+sandstorm+recoil is deadly to him.

And that concludes my UU sandstorm RMT really the only threat i have issues with is honchkrow. BB does 278~ to hippopotas whom sits at 420 defence with eviolite. Usually I just slack off spam till recoil kills it but that's only when Hippo was already out and not switching in. :(

http://oi52.*******.com/1z5i003.jpg
(Link containing my ladder success 8D)

Last edited:

cara.

Nerd status
Nah I've tried that set I prefer the one I'm using now as it isnt heracross bait for a free attack boost with guts

cara.

Nerd status
Nah I tested it and it didnt do to well with my team the hax wasnt in my favour unlike togekiss' hax

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
I suggest you, Cosmic Power over Calm Mind on Sigilyph. Overall nice team.

Zz56

I'm not that experienced at UU, but I'd definetly reccomend going back to Choice Band on Stoutland.

cara.

Nerd status
Yeah I did make that change Zz56 the bluff of CB wasnt worth the damage loss lol
and again sigilyph stays CM over cosmic power

takbir10

Banned
nice team
i hate hippotos with eviolete its annoying
scoutland,togekiss and everything is amazing
nice team

ashsinnoh

Storm Drain Stockpile Cradily functions really good in SS teams.

cara.

Nerd status
Ohhhhhhhhhh Im liking the idea of that stormdrain cradily however I would have to take out gastrodon and lose my electric immunity dunno might run tests on it and get back to you :)

also im running hipmontop now over togekiss since spikers/sr grape me pretty hard, the funny thing is as soon as i put it in i stopped seeing spike users T_T

Inchtall

Back in Black....2
^Don't listen to that jerk very loosely described as a human being. It's an excellent team. I hope to battle it some day.