• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sand Team

~Ace

i can show you how
Sand Team

Decided to make myself an OU 5th Gen Singles Sand Team, 'cause i felt like it.

- Look -

248.gif

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 180 SAtk / 76 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Fire Blast
- Superpower

Well it's a Sand Team, so I chose Tyranitar as lead, I just went with a Mix set seeing as the variety of Pokemon out there, so if I use Superpower, it lowers Attack, so then I switch to Fire Blast or switch out.

560.gif

Scrafty (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Drain Punch
- Crunch
- Ice Punch

Scrafty, one of my main threats, this is a common Scrafty set which I think does me nicely, I tend to go with 1 DDance and usually finish off my Foe for Attack boost.

214.gif

Heracross (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Guts
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Night Slash

Well, I went with a Heracross! I like its Movepool so I figure its variety would help with what comes my way, it also has great coverage for its weaknesses too.

530.gif

Excadrill (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- X-Scissor

Well who doesn't go with Excadrill in a Sand Team? well not me :) I go with the usual set etc, I gave it air balloon for Ground weaknesses, probably my deadliest threat.

424.gif

Ambipom (M) @ Silk Scarf
Trait: Technician
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Fake Out
- U-turn
- Brick Break
- Payback

-Replacing Soon-

479%20WF.gif

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SAtk / 144 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Well, I went with Rotom-W, I love this Pokemon with its great coverage and it hits pretty hard also! I love to know when they switch out I Will-O-Wisp it then switch out :) that is one of my Game Plans, other than that it's an important member to our Squad!

Changes will be in Bold.

Last edited:
I think I can see a major trick room reuniclus problem. Maybe put chople berrry to tyranitar instead of leftovers. Besides that its a very solid team. Also, be careful with mach punchers. Moslt conkeldurr or hitmontop. I think you could change ambipon for a slowbro, with psychic. That would fir ver well I think.
Good Luck!

PokefanTez

You should use shed skin instead of Moxie on Scrafty.
Btw, it's usually considerred not very smart to use pokemon that will be damaged by a specific weather on a weather team.

~Ace

i can show you how
I think I can see a major trick room reuniclus problem. Maybe put chople berrry to tyranitar instead of leftovers. Besides that its a very solid team. Also, be careful with mach punchers. Moslt conkeldurr or hitmontop. I think you could change ambipon for a slowbro, with psychic. That would fir ver well I think.
Good Luck!

I will take that in to consideration :) Thank you!

you dont have any descriptions whatsoever, you need to change it or this will be closed

Please show me where it says that

You should use shed skin instead of Moxie on Scrafty.
Btw, it's usually considerred not very smart to use pokemon that will be damaged by a specific weather on a weather team.

I usually go for 1 Dragon Dance, and usually covers my foe, then then kill it and gain attack boost (my way, lol)

2000b2

basketball star
Hey you could try to get an adamant/jolly garchomp

2000b2

basketball star
ok. not sure.

zerozoner

Seems like an Infernape with Mach Punch would decimate your team especially if it was banded.

darkrai's_shadow

Fear of the Dark!
maybe you can switch ambipom to either reuniclus or alakazam, both can work pretty well in sandstorm thanks to magic guard

~Ace

i can show you how
Seems like an Infernape with Mach Punch would decimate your team especially if it was banded.

Well telling where i went wrong only doesn't help, some suggestions maybe?

EDIT:
maybe you can switch ambipom to either reuniclus or alakazam, both can work pretty well in sandstorm thanks to magic guard

Thanks! i will take that into consideration! :)

Last edited:

zerozoner

Well telling where i went wrong only doesn't help, some suggestions maybe?
Sorry about that I'll name a few counters.

Gliscor is a sand storm standard and good Infernape counter, with good bulk and resistance to fighting and a super effective STAB Earthquake to retaliate with Gliscor can easily KO Infernape.

Landorus another Ground Flying type like Gliscor, but with a different style of playing.

Golurk is a little bit out of the way for standard play, but it is completely immune to fighting moves and also has a STAB Earthquake.

Charizard resists both of Infernapes STAB's and can counter attack with flying type moves, but will be damaged by sand storm.

Also watch out for max Sd and Atk Infernape's with Close Combat and Choice Scarf, they hit a whole lot harder than the one I mentioned before.

darkrai's_shadow

Fear of the Dark!
actually, the landorus idea is actually a good idea, or maybe you can try skarmory, heatran, or scizor or somehting like that

Bulk Up Conkeldurr and LO Nape can give you problems. That's all i can think of, off the top of my head.

Try swapping out Ambipom for a Scarf Landorus or Sub + 3 Attacks Landorus

Landorus (M) @ Expert Belt / Leftovers
Trait: Sand Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 6 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Substitute

or

Landorus (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Force