• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sandshrew's Locker! (515)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Mira, Abra & The Water's Bottom!

On their way to Hearthome City, Ash & Co. meet Mira who offers to give them a shortcut using her Abra's Teleport. However, when they fail to arrive at Hearthome, Mira asks Ash & Co. for a favour, to help find a pendant that was lost at the bottom of sea. Reluctantly, Ash & Co. agree and go underwater. However, the pendant is found out to be a Pokémon's Pokéball, and is in some ruins protected by a Gyarados. Will Ash & Co. get the Pokéball and get to Hearthome in the end?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Dogasu

Frustrated Elf
Copy and paste:

Me said:
Same deal as the last episode.

Also...would you guys like me to continue with these detailed synopsis? Am I putting in too much detail? Not enough? Or do you just want to know about any major developments and not worry about the particulars??

-The episode starts with recap footage.

= Together plays =

-The gang is playing in a lake by Yosuba City. Takeshi looks at a map and sees that Yosuga City is nearby.
-Meanwhile, behind a bush, Miru looks on. She thinks to herself how useful Potchama and Buoysel will be...

=Title Screen=

-Miru comes out from hiding and introduces herself. She tells the gang that she overheard them before and knows of a shortcut to Yosuga City.
-Miru them brings out her Cayce. Hikari scans it with her Pokemon Zukan.
-Then, Miru tells the gang that her Cayce can teleport them to Yosuga City. So, everyone grabs onto Cayce and lets it take them with it.
-The Rocket-Dan, meanwhile, saw the gang teleport away and decide to capture Cayce. They figure they can use it to teleport to safety whenever they blast off...
-When our heroes rematerialize, they find themselves on top of a dam! Miru apologizes and says that Cayce must have made a mistake. Hikari asks Cayce to try again, but Miru stops it and tells the gang that she has a request. She says her grandma's pendant fell into the lake and asks the trainers to help her out. At this point, Hikari accuses Miru of teleporting them to the dam on purpose.
-Miru then reveals that her Cayce can't teleport underwater.
-Our heroes finally decide to help Miru out. Once they agree, Miru asks Hikari to bring her Potchama and Buoysel out to help.
-Takeshi wonders how they'll be able to search a lake as big as this. Miru replies by giving everyone breathers that they can use while underwater. Everyone gets into their bathing suits and dive underwater.
-Once there, the gang is surprised to see an entire city underneath the water! As they swim over the ruins, Miru guides them to a large school on the other side of town.
-Once at the school, a Gyarados appears from the interior and begins attacking! Hikari orders her pokemon to attack, but they are quickly overpowered by Gyarados' Hyper Beam. Then, Gyarados makes a whirlpool with its tail, ejecting everyone from the water.
-Once everyone gets their bearings on land, Takeshi deduces that Miru knew the Gyarados was there all along. Miru confesses and also announces that the story about her grandmother's pendant was a lie. She then tells our heroes that when she was younger, she used to go to the school that now lies underwater. Miru, along with two of her friends, had a pokemon in a Monster Ball that they all shared. After the city sank underwater (the reason for this is not explained), Miru says she contacted her friends to see if they had the Monster Ball. They said that they didn't, so Miru guesses that the Monster Ball is located in a hiding place the three of them had inside the school. Miru says that she tried to get the Monster Ball herself, but since Cayce can't battle underwater, it's no use.
-Hikari asks what's inside the Monster Ball. Miru tells her that it's a Sand. Since the pokemon's a ground-type, she's worried that it's in danger being underwater.
-And with that, everyone agrees to rescue Sand from its underwater resting place. Takeshi then announces that he has a plan...
-Above, the Rocket-Dan watch as our heroes dive back into the water. The trio wonders what's down there...Nyasu believes there's a sunken pirate ship filled with treasure. Musashi tells her teammates to stay focused and to remember that their target is Cayce.

=eyecatch=

-Underwater, the gang runs into Gyarados again. Hikari orders Buoysel to use Aqua Jet (?). It doesn't really phase Gyarados, so Potchama is ordered to use Bubble Beam. Gyarados replies by swatting it away with its tail. Buoysel then attacks with a powerful tail attack, sending Gyarados crashing to the ocean floor. Gyarados gathers itself up and chases the gang to the surface, where Satoshi and Pikachu are waiting. Pikachu uses Thunderbolt on the water-type pokemon, causing it to faint and sink to the ocean floor. Everyone cheers and congratulates Takeshi for thinking up of such a good plan.
-Our heroes go underwater again. As Miru leads them through the hallway of the school, the Rocket-Dan, riding a Samehadaa underwater jet ski thing, burst onto the scene.
-The Rocket trio starts their attack by launching a Kibahna missile that causes an explosion. As debris falls, they launch a Koiking missile that expands into a net. The net is headed for Cayce, so Miru swims in front of it to shield the pokemon. Unfortunately, the net ends up catching both Miru *and* Cayce.
-The Rocket-Dan chooses this moment to make the escape. As they head for the surface, Hikari orders her Potchama and Buoysel to follow them. The Rocket-Dan notice their persuers, so they fire a Teppouo missile that hit the Coordinator's pokemon, knocking them out. As Hikari tends to her pokemon, the Rocket-Dan escape.
-Above ground, the Rocket-Dan congratulate themselves for capturing Cayce. Miru, being the sly girl that she is, asks if Musashi and Kojirou are in the Rocket-Dan. The duo is surprised that she knows who they are and quickly become flattered when Miru starts talking about how cool they are. She asks them how she can enter the Rocket-Dan, and Kojirou replies by saying that she needs to go to a training school. As Nyasu starts to tell her that they could put in a good word for her with their boss, Sakaki, Miru orders Cayce to use Teleport. The pokemon obeys, and the two disappear to safety.
-Elsewhere, Satoshi-tachi have returned to the shore, wondering what to do next. Suddenly, Miru and Cayce reappear behind them. The trainer wastes no time in asking everyone to go back into the water.
-Inside the school, Miru finds the locker that has her Monster Ball.
-Above water, Miru releases Sand from its Monster Ball. The pokemon doesn't recognize Miru at first, but when it does, it happily hugs its old trainer. Meanwhile, Hikari scans the ground-type pokemon with her Pokemon Zukan.
-At that time, a net belonging to the Rocket-Dan catches Sand! After the trio perform their motto (which has some really cool images of each member overlooking the planet Earth), Miru orders Cayce to use Teleport. However, the attack doesn't work! The villains reveal that their net cancels out Psychic attacks.
-Satoshi calls out Naetle and orders it to use Razor Leaf. As the battle starts, the Jouto remix of "Mezase Pokemon Master" plays in the background.
-Naetl's Razor Leaf cuts the net, freeing Cayce. The Rockets respond by calling out Dokucale and Sabonea (who, of course, hugs Kojirou). Dokucale uses Poison Sting while Sabonea uses Pin Missile. Naetle dodges and uses Razor Leaf again. As the two-on-one battle continues, Miru's Sand steps up and offers to battle. Dokucale prepares a Tackle attack and Sabonea uses Needle Arm, so our heroes respond with Naetle's Tackle and Sand's Scratch. Then, Miru orders Sand to use Sandstorm. The attack knocks Dokucale and Sabonea into their trainers. Pikachu ends the battle by using Thunderbolt. As the Rocket-Dan are sent blasting off again, Kojirou suggests they have Cayce teleport them to safety. Musashi then yells at Kojirou, reminding him that they didn't actually *succeed* in catching the psychic type.
-The episode ends with Miru and Cayce teleporting the gang to the outskirts of Yosuga City. She then bids our heroes farewell.

Orchid-Hakase's Big Pokemon Encyclopedia: Beequeen

Is it just me or did anyone find it weird that the Sandshrew managed to survive that long without food, water or air?

Or that the city Miru once lived in is now completely underwater without any explination?
Or am I the only one puzzled?
X

Rocket Girl

As the Rocket-Dan are sent blasting off again, Kojirou suggests they have Cayce teleport them to safety. Musashi then yells at Kojirou, reminding him that they didn't actually *succeed* in catching the psychic type.

It looked to me like Musashi and Kojiro were saying they have Cayce to teleport them to safety, and Nyasu was reminding them they didn't have it.

Is it just me or did anyone find it weird that the Sandshrew managed to survive that long without food, water or air?

Considering how long Masukippa was stuck in its monster ball...no.

Or that the city Miru once lived in is now completely underwater without any explination?
Or am I the only one puzzled?
X

Yeah, you'd think they'd at least ask how a whole city is now completely underwater. o_O

uber gon

Accept Change
Darnn, and I was hoping Sandshrew was using CRUCH CLAW.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
I believe when the Dam was built (by the Bidoof Army, naturally!), the residents were probably evicted from the city as it would cause it to flood.

Atleast that's what another guy on another forum said happened near where he lived.

Dogasu

Frustrated Elf
Rocket Girl said:
It looked to me like Musashi and Kojiro were saying they have Cayce to teleport them to safety, and Nyasu was reminding them they didn't have it.

Well, I did that synopsis after a live broadcast, so I couldn't exactly go back and double check everything :p

RageKaiser

Chespin :D
Okay, I LOVED Mira's voice and...I did not like Abra's..>_>

It was an okay episode to me, I did enjoy seeing Mira, and it was nice to see Abra...even if it did have a creepy voice. Dawn needs a new bathing suit btw.

uber gon

Accept Change
I was actually expecting Mira's Abra to evolve.

pokemonster2191

turtles=pwnage
wait at the end credits, has there always been a mcdonalds logo? Did they just start sponsering or something or have i not noticed it? I wonder if well be gatting any mcdonalds pokemon diamond and pearl toys like they had at BK. <3<3<3

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
We need a school of Carvahna, those things barely appear...then again, neither does Sharpedo either.

Except we got that cool Sharpedo-Carvahna gun from the Grovyle x Exploud episode.

uber gon

Accept Change
Sandshrew's claw attack was actually Slash (kirisaku), not Scratch (hikkaku).

SWEEEEEEET. But why the f'in glow effect?

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
This episode was okay...it's not like Mira gave them much to work with (she was basically a random girl lost in a cave with no real explanation or goals).

But...hey, what da ya know? The people she had to trick to help her are a group of kids who helped a MAN WHO RANDOMLY POPPED OUT OF THE FRIGGIN SEA! and even helped a girl trick her Grandmother!

So, Mira really only needed to ask. :)

Anyway, the highlights of this episode were probably the Gyrados battle and that cool, yet not from AG, Sharpedo Motor Boat.

And that BGM at the end sounded cool. Glad to see Hearthrome looks like it does in the game with those taller, victorian style buildings.

But...why did Sand go "Koucho!" over and over? Why! WHY!

uber gon

Accept Change
This episode was okay...it's not like Mira gave them much to work with (she was basically a random girl lost in a cave with no real explanation or goals).

But...hey, what da ya know? The people she had to trick to help her are a group of kids who helped a MAN WHO RANDOMLY POPPED OUT OF THE FRIGGIN SEA! and even helped a girl trick her Grandmother!

So, Mira really only needed to ask. :)

Anyway, the highlights of this episode were probably the Gyrados battle and that cool, yet not from AG, Sharpedo Motor Boat.

And that BGM at the end sounded cool. Glad to see Hearthrome looks like it does in the game with those taller, victorian style buildings.

But...why did Sand go "Koucho!" over and over? Why! WHY!

Well when you're stuck at the bottom of the lake in a disturbingly enclosed space, you're bound to mentally snap.