• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sandshrew's Locker! (515)

I fiind it interesting how the DP saga was including those NPCs you meet and travel around with like in the games.
I know Riley appears much later, but I can't remember if Marley (I think that's her name...) ever appears , though.

JudySpell

Banned
Mira was always a boring girl in the Diamond & Pearl games and she was hardly any better here which sucks. I only liked the sunken school scenes. 5/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Since I played D/P before watching this episode, I expected Mira to lead Ash's group to Wayward Cave instead of underwater. Still I liked how she went through so much trouble to rescue her Sandshrew. :3

That girl Mira was kawaii to the extreme and I thought that the tale of how her Sandshrew got left in the school underwater sounded very serious.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
The most memorable part here was when Ash and co. and Mira dove down and saw the entire town underwater. That was one haunting image. I can see why they didn't do anything more than show it in the dub, but it made it kind of spooky that people were once living there.

ZilverLox

Banned
Hmm, an episode about three girls who raise a Pokemon together. I hate Mira's design, but I love the personality the anime has given her. Pretend to fangirl Team Rocket was hilarious. Having the twerps blindly follow her no matter how many times she lied was unintentionally funny. Brock being the only one to be suspicious was a nice moment for him. He seems to be getting a lot of those in this season.

Leonhart

Imagineer
It was pleasant seeing Miru in the anime, although it was a shame that we got this submerged town subplot instead of the Lost Cave. I wasn't pleased to see a wild Gyarados being a villain again, although I appreciated seeing Pochama and Buoysel's teamwork. The Rocket-dan's Samehader submersible was intriguing, and I chuckled when Miru's Casey escaped the net.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Why didn't Mira contact Jenny or professional scuba divers to rescue Sandshrew instead of putting Ash and his pals in dangers? Sheesh.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Why didn't Mira contact Jenny or professional scuba divers to rescue Sandshrew instead of putting Ash and his pals in dangers? Sheesh.

Knowing Junsa, she couldn't have helped much since she often needs Satoshi and friends to help her, too. Miru needed help regardless of who offered to assist her.

Daizy

I call you honey
Eh, this wasn't too good an episode. Mira's whole personality might be a bit different than most other characters, but I found her annoying , and the plot was extremely Johto-trainer-of-the-day-esque.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Honestly it's amazing how Miru's Sand was able to survive so deep underwater even while in its Monster Ball. It just helps show us how advanced the Monster Ball technology is.

I thought that it was weird that Mira kept on lying to Ash and his friends when she didn't need to and she wouldn't tell them the truth until they got to the lake. It was sweet how she and all of her friends took turns taking care of that Sandshrew though. Too bad that the whole town was flooded just for the sake of that dam.

Zamin

I thought that Mira was going to be a thief and wanted Piplup and Buizel to join her team as that is how it came across at first. I am glad she turned out to be goodm, although she is quite a liar. I enjoyed the episode.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Zamin said:
I thought that Mira was going to be a thief and wanted Piplup and Buizel to join her team as that is how it came across at first. I am glad she turned out to be goodm, although she is quite a liar. I enjoyed the episode.

She did seem somewhat suspicious since she was obviously hiding some kind of secret, but I'm glad that she wasn't handled as a villain since she was a supporting character in the Shinou games.

Scorbunnie

Mira was the girl from Wayward Cave in the Diamond and Pearl games but she was almost a totally different character in this episode because the cave story was changed to her wanting to dive underwater to retrieve Sandshrew's pokeball. I don't mind changes most of the time but I wanted to see Wayward Cave.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Scorbunnie said:
I don't mind changes most of the time but I wanted to see Wayward Cave.

But given that the cave was essentially just like every other dungeon or cavern that we've seen in the anime, I can see why it was skipped in this episode and changed to a flooded town for Miru's debut.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Good episode. I liked seeing Mira spy on the group, the strategy to lure Gyarados into the air to avoid zapping everyone else, and Mira finally reuniting with Sandshrew. The flooded school was mysterious and creepy, too.
8/10