• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sandstorm Doubles Team - Wi-fi

Hatmaster15

Dunsparce Defender
This is my first proper attempt at a casual team after years of hashing together half-baked strategies. The theme is sandstorm, and it is designed for double battles on wi-fi. I don't understand natures or EV's as I don't want to breed them, but I will however accept replacements for Scizor and Probopass - they just haven't performed as well as I'd hoped.

Tyranitar
Ability: Sand Stream
Item: Mystic Water
-Stone Edge
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Aqua Tail

Tyranitar's strategy is to simply set up sandstorm, set up Stealth Rock and then cause as much destruction as possible. Stone edge is for STAB, Earthquake and Aqua Tail are there for type coverage. Mystic Water is for powering up Aqua Tail as it is the weaker of the two.

Cacturne
Ability: Sand Veil
Item: BrightPowder
-Giga Drain
-Leech Seed
-Sucker Punch
-Drain Punch

Cacturne is used to evade attacks while using leech seed to slowly deplete the health of tougher pokemon. Sucker Punch is there for raw power and for suprising those who expect Cacturne to be slow. Giga Drain is for getting back lost HP so it can survive longer and drain punch is the same, but for those resistant to grass. This is often a good pokemon to work with Tyranitar.

Skarmory
Ability: Keen Eye <------- Not much I can do about this, sorry
Item: Power Herb
-Steel Wing
-Sky Attack
-Spikes
-Night Slash

Skarmory is there to support Tyranitar when Cacturne can't and to just generally add type coverage to the team. Power herb is to get sky attack working straight away and... well, can't really say much about keen eye...

Scizor
Ability: Swarm
Item: Razor Claw
-X-Scissor
-Iron Head
-Swords Dance
-Night Slash

Scizor's strategy was to Swords Dance and then use high critical hit ration moves like X-Scissor along with Razor Claw to cash in off critical hits - This has never worked exactly to plan as Scizor just seems to be OHKO'd time after time after time. This is why I'm willing to replace him.

Sandslash
Ability: Sand Veil
Item: Leftovers
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Sandstorm
-X-Scissor

Sandslash has succeeded my expectations - he's been very useful for me at taking hits (well, physical hits at least. Sp.Def is another story). He is sort of a backup Tyranitar - His job is to get sandstorm up and then attack, albiet is a slightly more defensive way, as he can dodge more attacks and heal with leftovers. Sandstorm is there for if Groudon or Kyogre appear (as they often do).

Probopass
Ability: Magnet Pull
Item: Life Orb
-Power Gem
-Flash Cannon
-Thunderbolt
-Magnet Rise

Probopass was supposed to be the bulky Special attacker - I however noticed it's low Sp.Att (It was still higher than Att.) so I gave it life orb. This hasn't done much good - It can take attacks but can't dish them out, which is why i'm willing to replace him. Magnet rise is there for dodging Earthquakes. As for the ability, I'm not sure if it's much use, but I didn't have much choice, as he used to be the Nosepass on XD that knew thunderbolt, and I don't have TM's to waste.

So please tell me what you think, but remeber i'm not willing to breed or replace except in the Scizor and Probopass cases.

Purple_Tangrowth

A DRUM, A DRUM!...
Skarmory@Leftovers
Impish
-Brave Bird
-Whirlwind
-Spikes
-Roost

try this!

Probopass can maybe have Ice Beam > magnet rise and give it an expert belt, Life Orb or choice glasses for an item.

Ludakrix

Legen-waitforit-dary
Your Scizor has been failing because you are using it wrong. Scizor's power comes from it's technician ability. Try this set out:

Scizor@Muscle Band
Adamant Nature
Trait: Technician

Swords Dance
Bullet Punch
Bug Bite
Superpower

Hatmaster15

Dunsparce Defender
I'll try that set but I won't be able to get bug bite I think. The Serebii dex says that its a HGSS move tutor move, and this team is on Pt.

thaBlob

< He no liek mudkipz
If you take roost over bug bite, then you have no bug move! X-scissor is almost as good..
Its a real shame that you cant get bug bite though, moar powaah And lets you nom the opponents berry. If you wanted a sandstorm-proof thunderbolter, try Magnezone (ugh new evos)

Magnezone @ Magnet? No idea sorry, maybe someone else can help.
Levitate
-Thunderbolt
-Magnet bomb?
-Thunder wave
-supersonic

WARNING that isn't the best set for him, i am quite unsure about it, but it's worth a try, and a levitating magnezone fears only fire and fighting. Hopefully someone else will help this set!

A Complete Failure

It's a One-hit KO!
Ehh, I foud like, specific Pokemon that you should kinda think about when forming that team:
Machamp w/No Guard

-DynamicPunch
-Cross Chop
-filler
-filler

Basically, what Machamps lack in speed, they gain in Attack, Defense, Sp. Defense (sometimes?) and HP (I think). Oh, and No Guard enables that RIDICULOUS accuracy. Yes, Probopass takes hits well, not not AS well when confused by DynamicPunch. Then that Machamp can follow with Cross Chop. Tyranitar might do a number or OHKO Machamp, but it still has a flaw against Figting-Type moves. Cacturne + Sucker Punch/2 (because of typing) and subtract Sand Veil because of No Guard. Speed? Well, if Cacturne goes against Machamp with both at full health, Machamp would probably survive, but like, barely. If Cacturne faces Machamp when Machamp is at lowered health, it's dead, which is a good switch-in if something damaged Machamp. Right there, that could be a potential 2-3 to 0.

Another one:
Togekiss:
-Aura Sphere
-Heat Wave
-Grass Knot
-filller

I think this is self explanatory. Steel, Bug, and Grass to Heat Wave, Rock and Dark to Aura Sphere, Ground to Grass Knot.

Well, I like the Sky Attack on Skarm, it just have to be timed right. I haven't used it much, but Tyranitar could use Life Orb in my opinion. Either that or Choice Band, since you just want it to set up Sandstorm.

When will this occur? It will eventually. Overall, I think the team's pretty good. I don't want to sound mean, just giving "constructive criticism".

A Complete Failure

It's a One-hit KO!
I wasn't trying to flame :/ I'm new at foruming.

koosbane

master breeder
No I was flaming you, sorry. Your post about machamp made no sense. Also that togekiss set doesn't work either.

A Complete Failure

It's a One-hit KO!
For Sandslash, would a Lax Incense work?

Oh, and I kinda figured it after I posted it. Thanks for flaming my thoughts. Have a good day.

Last edited:

Hatmaster15

Dunsparce Defender
well, a lax incense might work.. but how does it do compared to brightpowder?
And sorry if i'm not posting many thanks but i recently got white, so ive been distracted

And ill try that magnezone set if I can get round to it

And in regards to togekiss, actually sandslash works quite well - I know, hes at a disadvantage with the weak sp.def but no-one ever takes him seriously so they focus on Tyranitar or skarmory instead, which is when they get stone edged.