• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sandstorm Planned Battle Haxway

CTIJason

Pokemon Statistician
This is my first attempt at a weather team of any sorts. I have not breed or captured any of the pokemon yet. I was gonna see how you guys would rate it and give me feedback on what i should change.

Tyranitar (Rash/Quiet) @ ???
Sand Stream
EVs: Need help here
-Crunch
-Stone Edge
-Flamethrower
-Ice Bream

Threw something together. Physical moves for STAB. Special moves for Coverage

Landorus (Jolly) @ Life Orb
Sand Force
EVs: 252 Atk/ 252 Spd/ 4 SpDef
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Swords Dance
-Hammer Arm

Looked up on smogon. need help on the final move.
Thinking this can be the special attacker rather than TTar, but i need help on that. Willing to go mixed since i haven't caught it yet. (borrowing a thundurus from a friend)

Ferrothorn (Sassy) @ Leftovers
Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 SpDef/ 4 Atk
-Curse
-Power Whip
-Leech Seed
-Gyro Ball

Already built this one.

Curse a couple of times after a leech seed and hope not to get killed. Gyro Ball once speed is lowered. Use for Water and Ice types that can kill the other two.

All types of feedback accepted. Willing to change any pokemon

Last edited:

XaiXo

The ZombiePimp
Give Ferrorthorn Leftovers instead of Rocky Helmet, perhaps. Allow it to really tank the damage.

Hammer Arm for the last move on Landorus. No question that you need the coverage.

Not entirely convinced you need a second Stone Edge, but it's not bad. I'd personally lose Earthquake on Tyranitar and give it Ice Beam to combat the ubiquitous dragons. Landorus with Life Orb on even an unboosted Earthquake is going to dish out enough hurt for Ground weaknesses.

CTIJason

Pokemon Statistician
Thanks! Forgot about the dragons.

Still need help on the natures and EV's. i need to borrow my friend's thundurus to get landorus and i don't know when he will move.

XaiXo

The ZombiePimp
Well, Rash would be more efficient, since Tyranitar's Special Defence gets boosted by Sandstorm.

Put your EVs into Special Attack (252), Defence (4) and Speed (252).

Last edited:

CTIJason

Pokemon Statistician
Is Mixtar better than a special Tyranitar (modest: dark pulse/ thunderbolt/ flamethrower/ ice beam)? I always want to have a balance between special and physical?

XaiXo

The ZombiePimp
Not when both of your other Pokés are Physical. You have your Tyranitar as a Special Sweeper and weathermon, Landorus as your Physical Sweeper, and Ferrothorn as your Wall.

If you're going mixed, the EVs I suggested are fine - Tyranitar's attack is decent as it is, seeing as you're only using it for Crunch and Stone Edge.

noob21

3 sum!!!
pack LO on t-tar and give him 125 sp.att/125 att and 252 sp

CTIJason

Pokemon Statistician
Bump.

It is me or InGame RMT kinda slow lately.

Anyway, I just like to say that I already caught a jolly Landorus (thank you my luck and my two masterballs) with 23/24 IVs in Atk, and 25 IVs in both Speed and Sp Def. Also, would Brick Break be a viable option over Hammer Arm?

I would also like to point out that I do not have access to 4th gen games and that this team is for the first seven or so trains on the Super Single train.

XaiXo

The ZombiePimp
Why would you want to take Brick Break over Hammer Arm?

RMT certainly seems slow lately. Isn't the VGC going on at the moment though?

CTIJason

Pokemon Statistician
I have no idea what the VGC is. guessing is must be the Video Game Championship or something.

Well, in the meantime while i am training it and till it learns Hammer Arm, my Landorus will know Brick Break, just so i don't have to waste a ton of time healing when EV training

if you are going with the Special Attack T-tar, you could give him a dark gem to give crunch a lot more damage . Or just go with the anti-fighting item . I think its a berry.. but i forget the name. it reduces fighting damage. You're T-Tar will be OHKO'd by any fighting type pokemon, and he definately doesnt outspeed mienshao or Lucario.

CTIJason

Pokemon Statistician
Can't Landorus switch in to both any fighting attacks aimed at TTar? It's like I am gonna keep TTar in when I know the enemy has a pokemon that carries a fighting type moves like Close Combat or Aura Sphere.
:645:

Yeah, you could switch out easily, but if you misjudge someones move pool, you're out of a special sweeper. If you are confident in your decisions, go for the dark gem.

Id probably go with t-wave over power whip, seeing as you are going to use Gyro Ball anyways. Status is always a +. Unless you are up against a Sleeptalk Milotic.... Then you are in for a bit of hurt.

CTIJason

Pokemon Statistician
What's the point of thunderwave and gyro ball on the same moveset? Sure, the opponent is paralyzed but Gyro Ball become weaker doesn't it? Also, Tyranitar is my lead so that it can set up sandstorm. Spikes would only work if Ferro was my lead and if this wasn't for Battle Haxway

To combat my fighting weakness, i was gonna replace Ferro with one of two pokemon.

Reuniclus (Modest) @???
Magic Guard
EVs: 4 Def/ 252 SpAtk/ 252 HP
-Psyshock
-Shadow Ball
-Energy Ball
-?? Calm Mind

or

Sigilyph (Modest/Timid) @???
Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpAtk/ 252 Speed/ 4 Def
-Air Slash/Calm Mind
-Psyshock/Psychic
-Shadow Ball
-Energy Ball

My friend also suggested this moveset

Reuniclus (Bold) @Flame Orb
Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Def
-Trick
-Recover
-Calm Mind
-Psychic/Psyshock

Which one is better? All three of these will allow me to run a full physical TTar

Last edited:

CTIJason

Pokemon Statistician
Bump.

Still need help on the moveset for my Magic Guard Psychic Pokemon. I'm thinking thunerbolt on those who can learn it over energy ball to cover my water weakness. Right now, i am leaning towards the Special Sweeper Reuniclus

sev2

No comment
i'd go with Reuniclus since landoras and sigilyph are both flying but then again Reuniclus is slow :\

CTIJason

Pokemon Statistician
i'd go with Reuniclus since landoras and sigilyph are both flying but then again Reuniclus is slow :\

I can't run trick room because :645: is pretty fast with its Jolly Nature, and i am not gonna look for another one.

I was thinking of running this moveset for Reuniclus

Reuniclus @ ???? Probably Leftovers
Bold (+Def, -Atk)
EVs: 252 HP, some investment into Def, some into SpAtk, some SpDef
-Calm Mind
-Recover
-Psyshock/Psychic
-Shadow Ball/Energy Ball

Bold to increase his Defense as she will most likely to switch into Fighting type attacks. Calm Mind to boost the already high SpAtk and SpDef at the same time. Recover to heal after Calm Minds. Psychic/shock for STAB. Shadow Ball is for other psychics or Energy Ball for water types that hurt the other two.