1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Sandstorm RMT

Discussion in 'Older Gen RMT' started by Prelude, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Prelude

Prelude Prelude

Tyranitar @ Life Orb
    Ability: Sand Stream
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Naughty nature (+Atk, -SDef)
    - Dragon Dance
    - Crunch
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Beam

Standard DDTar, except with Naughty over Adamant. I don't like the -SAtk, and the -SDef is nullified by Sand Stream's nifty extra ability. Crunch is for STAB and Azelf, Earthquake for Metagross and anything that resists Crunch. Ice Beam takes care of Salamence leads quite nicely.

Forretress @ Leftovers
    Ability: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SDef
    Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Rapid Spin
    - Explosion

Great defense allows this thing to switch in on a lot of stuff. When they switch out, I can get Stealth Rocks in, and possibly Toxic Spikes on a later occasion. Rapid Spin is to help out my own team, and Explosion is there because I like to explode more than gyro ballin'. It's a personal preference.

Cacturne @ Life Orb
    Ability: Sand Veil
    EVs: 204 HP / 252 Atk / 52 Spd
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Substitute
    - Focus Punch
    - Sucker Punch
    - Leech Seed

Simple. Set up a Substitute and start Leech Seeding and watching the opponent switch and lose HP due to SR and TS from Forretress. If they stay in, they'll probably be trying to get rid of the substitute, so I'll either use Focus Punch or Sucker Punch while healing off with Leech Seed. The Sandstorm is a real plus too.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
    Ability: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 152 Def / 88 SDef
    Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Fang
    - Slack Off
    - Roar

This thing is here mainly for tanking and roaring purposes. Earthqake and Ice Fang are just extras that came with this guy.

Relicanth @ Choice Band
    Ability: Rock Head
    EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spe
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Head Smash
    - Aqua Tail
    - Earthquake
    - Double-edge

Choice Band + 306 Attack + 150 Power + STAB? Good-bye Skarmory. And pretty much anything else.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
    Ability: Heatproof
    EVs: 252 HP / 128 Atk / 128 SDef
    Sassy nature (+SDef, -Spd)
    - Gyro Ball
    - Toxic
    - Hypnosis
    - Explosion

This little guy hands out Toxic and Hypnosis to guys who aren't affected by Toxic Spikes (Gengar, Steel-types, Levitaters, Flyers). A lot of them happen to be fast. So I Gyro Ball them. And then I explode.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2008