• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sandstorm Team

Hunter_RuLe

< Guess who's back?
'Sandstorm now Raises Special Defense of Rock Types by 1.5x'
This made me think, could the sandstrom team finally have a good chance in competitive? I know it has weather chances weaknesse but as they aren't that OU I'd like to give a try, rate please.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Relaxed
Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Earthquake
Stealth Rock

Takes out dragons, Gliscor and stuff.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Adamant
Dragon Dance
Stone Edge
Crunch
Earthquake

Sets the storm up and is now almost uber.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Impish
Brave Bird
Whirlwind
Spikes
Roost

Physical wall and Lays Spikes.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
Aromatherapy
Seismic Toss
Ice Beam
Softboiled

Special wall. Cradily was cooler in this team but Bliss just works the best.

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Calm
Thunderbolt
Flash Cannon
Rest
Sleeptalk

Just a funny idea, counters Bulky waters and Skarmory.

Rhyperior @ Choice Band
Adamant
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Megahorn
Avalance

Try to stop this monster.

Last edited:

The_Panda

恭喜發財
I like the concept.

Cradily's not that good a special wall though.

For Swampert, I think this should be better:
Waterfall
Ice Beam
Earthquake
Stealth Rock

Swampert has a high Att, and modest is a waste of Earthquake. But I can't think of a good nature either :(

aipomkong

prophecy fulfilled
Cradily uses Ingrain.

Garchomp comes in with it's Sand Veil and sets up 3 Swords Dances.

Game Over.

Sandstream teams always did work, now they're even better.

I'd have a Blissey just the same. Bliss doesn't miss Leftovers that much with Softboiled.

I'd go with Avalanche > Hammer Arm on Rhyperior; there are only three things I can think of right now that resist Rock + Ground.

Claydol: Resists Hammer Arm
Breloom: Takes more from Avalanche/Megahorn
Flygon: Takes more from Avalanche/Megahorn

What exactly is this elusive HP attack you have on Cradily?

I_want_lunch

erm... i think skarmory shld hold shed skin.

Hunter_RuLe

< Guess who's back?
Yeah Cradily was just a gimmick really because of his part rock and decent special defence. I guess I better switch it with standard Blissey but other than that I think this team can do serious damage.

Edit. I changed Arm Hammer for Avalanche, thanks.

Last edited:
why the **** are you leading with tyranitar.
it has dragon dance.

If you want a Sandstorm team, use a set that can actually lead. DD Tar is one of the worst leads in history.

also, this is such an old theory, and this team is basically bog standard.

Hunter_RuLe

< Guess who's back?
If you want a Sandstorm team, use a set that can actually lead. DD Tar is one of the worst leads in history.
You have a good point, I only want sandstorm in game as fast as possible, but with a little prediction the switch in with T-Tar is a better option indeed. I'll go with Ludicolo_kid's option for now, but I know this team has still weaknesses, I just wanted to try the possibilities of the 'new' standstorm in combination with Rhyperior & co. It has much potential imo, but this won't be my regular team.

Last edited:

aipomkong

prophecy fulfilled
[Kingdra];5953947 said:
After Swampert and Skarmory are gone CBTar and Dougtrio will beat this team.

After 5 of your Pokemon have gone, your remaining Skarmory has a Magnezone weak.

magichands

jack of trolls
Ludicolo can you GTFO ????
Your dumb posts annoy me to no end .

your a dumbass.

hes giving smart suggestions and help while you are giving nothing but spam.

nob

I win:)

i have also notice as the date for the d/p release date for the US draws near, the more dumbass nobs and posts there are. why wont they bother smogon just this once?!?!

Frost Nova

The predator awaits.
i have also notice as the date for the d/p release date for the US draws near, the more dumbass nobs and posts there are. why wont they bother smogon just this once?!?!

Because Serebii happens to be a magnet for noobs, perhaps?

Besides, any know-it-all noob who tries to shoot his mouth off in smogon is guaranteed to be on the receiving end of sizzling, flaming projectiles fired by a mob of wrathful posters.