• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

SandStorm Team

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
Due to the massive popularity of my last RMT (sarcasm perhaps) I decided to do another one.
My SandStorm Team for shoddy, this is my first sandstorm team ive made so im unformilliar with a lot of concepts but nvm, plz comment J

tyranitar.png

Tyranitar@Leftovers (Sassy)
-Taunt
-FirePunch
-Crunch
-AquaTail??
236Hp/184SpD/48Def/36atk

BasicLead Tyranitar, I didn’t want thunder because I have REALLY bad luck so thunder will never hit for me, and even if it does I really don’t want a tyranitar crippled from taking so much damage, because then all it would be useful for is taunting walls =/, I didn’t have much time on my hands when I was doing this so I just thought of AquaTail since nothing else in my team has water attacks, so it just might be useful to have one around….=/

cradily.png

Cradily@leftovers (Relaxed)
-StoneEdge
-Earthquake/SeedBomb
-Rest
-SleepTalk
252Hp/148Def/108SpD

One of the sturdiest pokemon in the game when sandstorm is up, I chose a rest talk set as all the other sets get screwed by status (barring t-wave) and this set keeps its sturdiness while giving me a status absorber. EarthQuake and rockslide are for coverage and are only resisted by bronzing and…..can’t remember the other xD. But could use SeedBomb over EQ for the additional power, at the loss of coverage.

scizor.png

Scizor@LifeOrb (adamant)
-SwordsDance
-Roost
-BulletPunch
-Pursuit/X-scissor/BrickBreak/BatonPass
232Hp/252Atk/26Def

BulletPunch Scizor=Awesomness It has the same base power as Extremespeed but hits rock, ice etc. for SE damage. SwordsDance to boost that monstrous attack further. Roost to heal off life orb damage, so it doesn’t end up killing itself. Now the Last slot is were I’m pleh, my team is slightly gyara weak, so pursuit hits it neutrally but beyond that its usefulness is sort of limited since ill be SD’ing on the switch not chasing down w/e’s running. Were as X-scissor gets STAB and hits quite a lot neutrally with bulletpunch, but brickbreak means I have something to hits steels with.

Heatran.png

Heatran@ChoiceSpecs (Modest)
-FireBlast/FlameThrower
-EarthPower
-DragonPulse
-HP (Electric)
40Hp/252SpA/216Speed

I chose Specstran as I noticed that Scarftran fails to KO loads of things with any of its attacks except FireBlast, So I went for Specstran instead, and since most people presume it’s a scarftran I usually get the elliment of surprise and get a KO. I chose this things coz of its Sandstorm immunity, its welcoming SpA, and the fact that it gets a flash fire boost easily because of scizor. The choice between fireblast and flamthrower is this: power or accuracy, im tailored towards flamethrower because it will usually KO or 2HKO the same as FireBlast, and as I said fireblast KO’d lots on my scarftran set, and after a specs boost flamthrower has about the same power as scarftrans firblast. Earthpower and dragonpulse for obvious reasons. HP electric is to deal with gyarados and other bulky waters, which this team struggle against.

gliscor.png

Gliscor@leftovers (Impish)
-StealthRock
-Earthquake
-AerialAce/AquaTail
-Roost
252hp/252Def/6Spd

My Physical Wall and heracross counter, Stealth rock as I lack a stealth rocker and gliscors one of the best. EQ for STAB. This is were I get indecisive, Aerial Ace is mainly for heracross, as ive seen lots of bulk up and SD variants and this KO’s it str8 away, AquaTail is because it has good coverage and kills other gliscor (and its new J).

swampert.png

Swampert@Leftovers (relaxed)
-HydroPump
-Earthquake
-IceBeam
-Roar
240Hp/216Def/52SpA

Mixpert, adds well needed Special Attacks to my team, and kills ther otherwise annoying bulky Ground types that come in, take no damage from sandstorm and merrily set up etc. Hydropump scores Lots of pretty 2HKO’s (skarmory and weezing im looking at you _), Earthquake for coverage but im not 100% sure on it, I might just dump it for Toxic to really hurt bulkywaters then I can switch to impish and prevent being outrun by SeedBomb Donphan, although gliscor deals with that if it carries aquatail. IceBeam to hit grass types and KO salamence. Roar for pseudo-hazing, since unfortunately many members of my team seem to let things set up (cradily im looking at you _).

That’s my sandstorm team, comment, tell me whats wrong with it etc. please, thank you!
Also if someone could tell me how to change the font size that would be great thank you!
Credit for pics goes to arkeis.com

Last edited:

Moro

The Italian Trainer
Now it's my turn! ^^

Due to the massive popularity of my last RMT (sarcasm perhaps) I decided to do another one.
My SandStorm Team for shoddy, this is my first sandstorm team ive made so im unformilliar with a lot of concepts but nvm, plz comment J

tyranitar.png

-Taunt
-FirePunch
-Crunch
-AquaTail??
236Hp/184SpD/48Def/36atk

BasicLead Tyranitar, I didn’t want thunder because I have REALLY bad luck so thunder will never hit for me, and even if it does I really don’t want a tyranitar crippled from taking so much damage, because then all it would be useful for is taunting walls =/, I didn’t have much time on my hands when I was doing this so I just thought of AquaTail since nothing else in my team has water attacks, so it just might be useful to have one around….=/

cradily.png

-RockSlide I would prefer Stone Hedge: cradily has the defences to use it even with 80 accuracy. SH has 30% critical hit probability, and for a pokemon slow as Cradily is way way way better than the 30% flinching probability of rock slide.^^
-Earthquake/SeedBomb
-Rest
-SleepTalk
252Hp/148Def/108SpD

One of the sturdiest pokemon in the game when sandstorm is up, I chose a rest talk set as all the other sets get screwed by status (barring t-wave) and this set keeps its sturdiness while giving me a status absorber. EarthQuake and rockslide are for coverage and are only resisted by bronzing and…..can’t remember the other xD. But could use SeedBomb over EQ for the additional power, at the loss of coverage. Cradily has Suction Cups and i would use it!Make a Scizor Sword Dance Baton Passer, then pass to cradily one or two sword dance boost and then sweep until you live. And thanks to Rest/Sleep Talk you could last forever!

scizor.png

Scizor@LifeOrb (adamant)
-SwordsDance
-Roost
-BulletPunch
-Pursuit/X-scissor/BrickBreak I would put Baton pass here for the reason above!
232Hp/252Atk/26Def

BulletPunch Scizor=Awesomness It has the same base power as Extremespeed but hits rock, ice etc. for SE damage. SwordsDance to boost that monstrous attack further. Roost to heal off life orb damage, so it doesn’t end up killing itself. Now the Last slot is were I’m pleh, my team is slightly gyara weak, so pursuit hits it neutrally but beyond that its usefulness is sort of limited since ill be SD’ing on the switch not chasing down w/e’s running. Were as X-scissor gets STAB and hits quite a lot neutrally with bulletpunch, but brickbreak means I have something to hits steels with.

Heatran.png

-FireBlast/FlameThrower
-EarthPower
-DragonPulse
-HP (Electric)
40Hp/252SpA/216Speed

I chose Specstran as I noticed that Scarftran fails to KO loads of things with any of its attacks except FireBlast, So I went for Specstran instead, and since most people presume it’s a scarftran I usually get the elliment of surprise and get a KO. I chose this things coz of its Sandstorm immunity, its welcoming SpA, and the fact that it gets a flash fire boost easily because of scizor. The choice between fireblast and flamthrower is this: power or accuracy, im tailored towards flamethrower because it will usually KO or 2HKO the same as FireBlast, and as I said fireblast KO’d lots on my scarftran set, and after a specs boost flamthrower has about the same power as scarftrans firblast. Earthpower and dragonpulse for obvious reasons. HP electric is to deal with gyarados and other bulky waters, which this team struggle against.

gliscor.png

-StealthRock
-Earthquake
-AerialAce/AquaTail
-Roost
252hp/252Def/6Spd

My Physical Wall and heracross counter, Stealth rock as I lack a stealth rocker and gliscors one of the best. EQ for STAB. This is were I get indecisive, Aerial Ace is mainly for heracross, as ive seen lots of bulk up and SD variants and this KO’s it str8 away, AquaTail is because it has good coverage and kills other gliscor (and its new J).

swampert.png

-HydroPump
-Earthquake
-IceBeam
-Roar
240Hp/216Def/52SpA
I use a Swampert like that, but with Life orb and Rest/Sleep Talk/Hydro pump/Ice Beam.If you would try this set, then you can give Cradily Recover/Barrier/Stone Hedge/Seed Bomb and Lum berry for statuses.^^

Mixpert, adds well needed Special Attacks to my team, and kills ther otherwise annoying bulky Ground types that come in, take no damage from sandstorm and merrily set up etc. Hydropump scores Lots of pretty 2HKO’s (skarmory and weezing im looking at you _), Earthquake for coverage but im not 100% sure on it, I might just dump it for Toxic to really hurt bulkywaters then I can switch to impish and prevent being outrun by SeedBomb Donphan, although gliscor deals with that if it carries aquatail. IceBeam to hit grass types and KO salamence. Roar for pseudo-hazing, since unfortunately many members of my team seem to let things set up (cradily im looking at you _).

That’s my sandstorm team, comment, tell me whats wrong with it etc. please, thank you!
Also if someone could tell me how to change the font size that would be great thank you!

The team is very good!The only think that you lack is speed. With a Bronzong supporting your team with Trick Room you'll ouspeed a lot of pokemon, wich could leave you the time to set up. Hope this can help you! ^^

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
The team is very good!The only think that you lack is speed. With a Bronzong supporting your team with Trick Room you'll ouspeed a lot of pokemon, wich could leave you the time to set up. Hope this can help you! ^^

hmmmmm
i'm now very tempted to use the whole batonpass thing, then dump gliscor for bronzong with trick room.....
the thing about stone edge is it only has 8pp at best, and once thats gone i have a grand total of seedbomb or earthquake to rely on...
but i guess with sleep talk using its pp to make up for stone edges crap pp the only times id use its pp is when im awake...

you've given me lots to think on now lol
i like all the idea's you've said its just that 1 attacking move on scizor isnt exactly ideal is it? lol

Moro

The Italian Trainer
yeah, only one attack limit your scizor sweeping capability. By the way, look at your team: you can pass Sword Dance to four of five pokemon: Swampert,Craadily,Tyranitar or Gliscor; you can put some ev of Scizor from attack to defense, making him able to absorb better physical hits.By the way you could always replace roost with BrickBreak-X scissor with.It's up to you to decide which pokemon you want to take advantage of sword dance: only scizor or the whole team!

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
yeah, only one attack limit your scizor sweeping capability. By the way, look at your team: you can pass Sword Dance to four of five pokemon: Swampert,Craadily,Tyranitar or Gliscor; you can put some ev of Scizor from attack to defense, making him able to absorb better physical hits.By the way you could always replace roost with BrickBreak-X scissor with.It's up to you to decide which pokemon you want to take advantage of sword dance: only scizor or the whole team!

actually i can't pass it to swampert as it only has EQ for physical move so its pointless,
and if i replaced roost for brickbreak he wouldnt be able to heal of LO damge so i'd have to give him Leftovers.
and cradily is best as a switch in and wall certain threats while doing damage on the switch.
tyranitar's my lead which means if i pass to him he prolly wont be in any fit state to put the boosts to good use,
gliscor could work, but anything thats faster and has an ice attack says LOL before killing him.

LO damage is almost negligible on scizor as he'll be aiming to O-2HKO stuff so thats like ten to twenty percent enought to kill the whole team (which probably isn't going to happen) so brick break or x-scissor would be a good idea

LO damage is almost negligible on scizor as he'll be aiming to O-2HKO stuff so thats like ten to twenty percent enought to kill the whole team (which probably isn't going to happen) so brick break or x-scissor would be a good idea

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT

QuickAttack just appeals to me as it takes out infernape and gyarados (providing its either SD'ed or come in after it) both of which this team is slightly weak to.

im not saying to get rid of quick attack im saying to get rid of roost every siczor needs bullet punch or quick attack

im not saying to get rid of quick attack im saying to get rid of roost every siczor needs bullet punch or quick attack

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT

im not saying you did lol
but i think it should run QuickAttack alongside bulletounch as this KO's infernape who switches in thinking i can only bulletpunch, and helps KO LO gyarados if it doesnt get intimidated.
idk about dropping roost, i might dump it for quick attack for a while, see how it works and if it doesnt then i'll keep roost, but i think i should give it Left. if it doesnt run roost.

BloodthirstPriest

I don't speak monkey
Cradily is an amazing pokemon, due to the fact that it can do absolutely anything with suction cups, so here are a few possible alternatives:

-StoneEdge
-Earthquake/SeedBomb
-Seed Bomb/Amnesia/Toxic
-Barrier/Recover/Ingrain

An explanation of the movesets:

Stone edge, earthquake, seed bomb and recover for coverage and quick healing. If you take this, then keep your current EV spread.

Barrier and amnesia together for awesome defenses.

Toxic works well, as long you as you keep your defense EVs near maximum, unless you combine toxic with barrier, then keep your SpD EVs near maximum.

Ingrain for passive healing, although you won't be able to switch.

I'd suggest energy ball instead of seed bomb for a special alternative, but your choice.

Also, never use amnesia if you're not going to use barrier.

Last edited:

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
Cradily is an amazing pokemon, due to the fact that it can do absolutely anything with suction cups, so here are a few possible alternatives:

An explanation of the movesets:

Stone edge, earthquake, seed bomb and recover for coverage and quick healing. If you take this, then keep your current EV spread.

then I would loose my status absorber...

Barrier and amnesia together for awesome defenses.

Toxic works well, as long you as you keep your defense EVs near maximum, unless you combine toxic with barrier, then keep your SpD EVs near maximum.

Sandstorm covers special defense making amnesia pointless...

Ingrain for passive healing, although you won't be able to switch.

waste of a slot when its rest-talking...

I'd suggest energy ball instead of seed bomb for a special alternative, but your choice.

covering what exaclty? only hits swampert significantly harder ...

Also, never use amnesia if you're not going to use barrier.
i'd never use it anyways...

10charlimit=ANNOYINGASF**K

Night Shadow

BRRAAP BRRAAP

tyranitar.png

-Taunt
-FirePunch
-Crunch
-Ice Fang
236Hp/184SpD/48Def/36atk

cradily.png

-StoneEdge
-SeedBomb
-Rest
-SleepTalk
252Hp/148Def/108SpD

I say seed bomb, cause now you have some resistance to water, ground, rock, and swampert

scizor.png

Scizor@LifeOrb (adamant)
-SwordsDance
-Roost
-BulletPunch
-BrickBreak
232Hp/252Atk/26Def

You don't need baton pass
Heatran.png

-FireBlast/FlameThrower
-EarthPower
-DragonPulse
-HP (Electric)
40Hp/252SpA/216Speed

Good coverage

gliscor.png

-StealthRock
-Earthquake
-AerialAce/AquaTail
-Roost
252hp/252Def/6Spd
That wrks fine

swampert.png

-HydroPump
-Earthquake
-IceBeam
-Stone edge
240Hp/216Def/52SpA

Roar won't work very well unless you have stealth rock

Hope that helps!
P.S Do you like arkeis.com?

Googleusedeat!

Flaming Guitar Hero!

tyranitar.png

Tyranitar@Leftovers Adamant, Jolly
-Taunt
Stone Edge
-Crunch
-D-Dance
236Hp/200SpD/32Def/36atk

Without STABed Stone Edge, Gyara will be hell. D-Dance with speed Evs with help, and you can kill it if its stupid enough to set up on you.

cradily.png

-StoneEdge
-Earthquake/SeedBomb
-Rest
-SleepTalk
252Hp/148Def/108SpD

One of the sturdiest pokemon in the game when sandstorm is up, I chose a rest talk set as all the other sets get screwed by status (barring t-wave) and this set keeps its sturdiness while giving me a status absorber. EarthQuake and rockslide are for coverage and are only resisted by bronzing and…..can’t remember the other xD. But could use SeedBomb over EQ for the additional power, at the loss of coverage.

Fine with me.

scizor.png

Scizor@LifeOrb (adamant)
-SwordsDance
-Roost
-BulletPunch
-Pursuit/X-scissor/BrickBreak/BatonPass
232Hp/252Atk/26Def

Meh, could do without him

Heatran.png

-FireBlast/FlameThrower
-EarthPower
-DragonPulse
-Explosion
40Hp/252SpA/216Speed

Explosion will help. Come out and explode on something and kill it. Its a 1 for 1 trade, but its unexpected.

gliscor.png

Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Baton Pass
-Roost
252hp/252Def/6Spd

It will survive longer than Scizor and can do the same exact thing, only better. Plus, It can hit back with devastating force

swampert.png

-HydroPump
-Earthquake
-IceBeam
-Roar
240Hp/216Def/52SpA

Fine

Happy to help you out, team mate

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
googleusedeat!:
Tyranitar: I arent using dragondance, as DD tar only ever seems to work in the best circumstances and if the person who's having it used against them let's it set up. Firepunch is for zong though, and works well, which is why i dont wanna loose it.

and bulletpunch scizor is one of the most formidable sweepers out there, and works well in a sandstorm team as hail wont cripple him, and SS puts more things in his range.

Idk About exploding Heatran, as from my experiance it's hard to explode on something and do more damage than his other attacks (with the exception of tentacruel (bulky waters in general) and blissey), especially with specs making his SpA terrifying.

Gliscor is my physical wall, i dont like BP Gliscor at any rate, as that ice weakness catches up with him before he can do anything, wereas when he's a wall he sets up SR or roosts as they switch to an ice user.

NightShadow:
IceFang on T-tar for what? and doesnt it learn ice punch anyways...
Scizor: thats what i thought, but without quickattack infernape and others come in and lolz at you.
Swampert: Roar is to pseudo-haze as quite a lot of things can set up on this team.