• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sandstorm Team

Lulamoon

Cheese for everyone!
Yay! Another Sandstorm team! Just in case you guys haven't rated enough.
I used this team a lot before I lost access to PO. Now I only need one more Pokémon to finish it on Black. Please note that I normally play with Item Clause. I also use some of these Pokémon in other teams for double battles.

598.png

Ferrothorn @ Shed Shell
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP, 48 Def, 208 Sp. Def
Nature: Relaxed
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball

Remember what I said about Item Clause? No? Go back and read the entire opening.
Rocky Helmet causes extra damage when hit by a contact move. Leftovers would be better, but I have that on a different Pokémon. Asside from that, this is a standard Ferrothorn, so there's not much to say. Leech Seed is her only form of healing, and Protect allows her to heal more. Gyro Ball is her only attack, which is pretty strong her lack of Speed. Stealth Rock is Stealth Rock.

Spr_5b_450_m_s.png

Hippowdon @ Ground Gem
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 176 HP, 84 Def, 248 Sp. Def
Nature: Impish
- Roar
- Stockpile
- Slack Off
- Earthquake

Do you know what the best thing about Hippowdon is? It's not Tyranitar. That's right. The only reason I'm using Hippowdon is to not use Tyranitar. I still love Tyranitar, though.
After three Stockpiles, he's almost impossible to take out. Slack Off is a good form of healing, and Roar scares off threats, as well as making my opponent take Stealth Rock damage. Earthquake is his only attack, which is powered up once by the Ground Gem. Any suggestions for a different item are greatly appreciated.

346.png

Cradily @ Leftovers
Ability: Suction Cups
EVs: 252 HP, 116 Def, 140 Sp. Def
Nature: Impish
- Rock Slide
- Stockpile
- Recover
- Toxic

I love my Cradily, and my friends hate him. I don't know why that is.
Like Hippowdon, Cradily knows Stockpile to increase defenses, and a recovery move: Recover. Cradily has stalled many Pokémon in the past, and I love it. Sort of. I hate stall, but I love Cradily. Rock Slide is his only attack, and, in my opinion, better than Stone Edge. Its secondary effect is useless on a Cradily, though. With a Sandstorm, I think I should give him less EVs in Special Defense and more in Defense.

635.png

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Hp, 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
- Flamethrower
- Surf
- Dragon Pulse
- Dark Pulse

The first sweeper in the team. Not much to say. I prefer accuracy over power, and I prefer not lowering my useful stats (I also use him in doubles, which is not normally a good idea to switch in). All the moves offer good coverage, and and the two Pulses are good STAB moves. Surf is mostly for my Double battle team.

Spr_5b_243_s.png

Raikou @ Wise Glasses
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Atk, 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spe
Nature: Rash
- Thunderbolt
- Aura Sphere
- ExtremeSpeed
- Weather Ball

Thunderbolt for STAB, and Aura Sphere for coverage. Weather Ball changes to a power 100 special Rock move in a Sandstorm, which is great. ExtremeSpeed is for priority. The four Attack EVs give ExtremeSpeed a slight boost in power, and Wise Glasses (Item Clause) power up his special moves.

Spr_5b_468.png

Togekiss @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 Hp, 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere
- Heat Wave
- Trick

Perhaps my favorite Pokémon on this team. I occasionally use her as a "Trick Scarf" lead, which works quite well. All the other moves offer good coverage, but the main move is Air Slash with a 60% flinch rate. Heat Wave is stronger than Flamethrower, but weaker than Fire Blast. It's mostly for double battles.

Like I said in the opening, I used this team quite a bit on PO before I lost access to it. The team worked quite well, but I don't remember where my weaknesses were.

Last edited:

Dark-Tyranitar

SAND VEIL HAX!!!
ummm on ferro you might want to run shed shell, cause magnezone has gotten more usage it seems and substitute on it is fairly popular (sub-charge), so yea shed shell. why doesnt ferro and hippo have lefties? you may want to put spikes on ferro instead of SR cause ferro usually can set up multiple layers of spikes when its stalling something, if you want SR, put it on hippowdon or cradily. and hippowdon is the only thing here that doesnt get owned by conkeldurr (togekiss is an on-off counter, more of a check) nothing big but look into that, and umm hydriegon needs a choice scarf thats it i think.

Lulamoon

Cheese for everyone!
Spikes are useful, but SR is more useful. But I'll see what I can do.

Conkeldurr never even crossed my mind. For such a great Pokémon, I don't see it very often.