• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sandstorming before it was cool.

Gray™

images

Introduction
I'll add something later~

images

Skarmory (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Atk / 184 Def / 12 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Whirlwind
- Spikes
- Steel Wing
- Rest
Because Stealth Rocks were only introduced in the 4th Generation I'll go with Spikes as my hazards to prevent my opponent to freely switch in to any pokemon he wants.However the reason I'm using Skarmory isn't it's ability to set up Spikes but rather to phaze certain threats.With its Steel/Flying typing and Defenses of 65/140/70 and access to Whirlwind its one of the best walls in the metagame.Rest is for recovery and Steel Wing is to hit Tyranitar rather than other pokemons.

images

Dugtrio (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Aerial Ace
As much as I like Skarmory as a wall I use it as a lead simply to be Magneton bait since in ADV there is no team preview I usually switch to Dugtrio in the first turn hopefully trapping a Magneton who expected an easy kill unless I'm facing a team that I already know.Despite its great ability and Speed Dugtrio still lacks power not being able to ohko Celebi with Hidden Power Bug.But if I wanted power i wouldn't use Dugtrio.Dugtrio is there to trap and kill weakened pokemons and it does that very well.Earthquake is for stab and paired with Rock Slide has an almost perfect neutral coverage.Aerial Ace is for the not so common but still I had a free moveslot Heracross.

images

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 68 HP / 252 Atk / 188 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Taunt
Nice Bulk,good Ability,decent Speed,great Attack and no Stealth Rocks.What a great gen to be a Gyarados.
Even though I have a Tyranitar in this team and Sandstorm keeps my Gyarados from recovering who cares?By the time my Gyarados' Hp gets low enough to get killed by Sandstorm it will have already created a massive hole in my opponents team thanks to its stats and Dragon Dnace.Hidden Power Flying is the for stab while Earthquake lets me hit Tyranitars and Electric types that aren't Zapdos.Taunt is just to tell walls to f**k off.

images

Tyranitar (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
Now this wouldn't be a Sandstorm team without Sandstorm now would it?
K lets see....Pretty simple now isn't it?Dragon Dance to boost its Speed and Attack.Rock Slide for stab and paired with Earthquake provides the earlier mentioned almost perfect coverage being resisted by Claydol only if I recall correctly.Hidden Power Bug is for Claydol:)

images

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Leech Seed
- Heal Bell
- Recover
- Psychic
The main problem with my Dragon Dancers is that pretty much any Status ruin them and that's where my Celebi comes in.
While a Calm Mind set would be deadly if I passed it to one of my other pokemons I decided to support my team in another way and thats why Heal Bell is there.Leech Seed is to drain certain annoying pokes like Metagross or Zapdos.Psychic is to to hit Gengar mostly and Recover is to .....well recover...

Sun_Serpent_Milotic_by_Kureculari.jpg

Milotic (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Recover
- Toxic
- Ice Beam
- Surf
Milotic is a fantastic wall.Has a reliable way to Recover, can survive a 2+Hidden Power Flying from Salamence and it can also ohko with Ice Beam and with Toxic it can make like Zapdos to think twice before switching in and do other stuff too......In short is a great 6th pokemon in this team because if I let something set it usually doesn't matter because I can Toxic stall it or kill it if one of my attacks are super effective.

Conclusion

Team building in ADV is no big deal and this team is pretty standard to but it does it job and it does it well.I've used it in my Frontier battles and the results were great and I've also beaten some good players with it.And I'll work on this later too.-.​

Pretty much a nice team but I suggest to change Rock Slide to a Fighting move for STAB on Tyranitar and Aerial Ace/Surf/Hydro Pump/Waterfall over HP Flying on Gyarados. This is just my opinions.

meteor64

Show Me Ya Noobs

images

Introduction
I'll add something later~

images

Skarmory (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Atk / 184 Def / 12 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Whirlwind
- Spikes
- Steel Wing
- Rest
Because Stealth Rocks were only introduced in the 4th Generation I'll go with Spikes as my hazards to prevent my opponent to freely switch in to any pokemon he wants.However the reason I'm using Skarmory isn't it's ability to set up Spikes but rather to phaze certain threats.With its Steel/Flying typing and Defenses of 65/140/70 and access to Whirlwind its one of the best walls in the metagame.Rest is for recovery and Steel Wing is to hit Tyranitar rather than other pokemons.

Leading with Skarm is bad, no matter what you do with Dugtrio. What if they lead an Ice Beam T-tar, or Fire Blast Mence, or a Regice, or worst case, a Cloyster? Not only that but you're compounding yourself automatically by giving your opponent a free turn to do something, even if they don't lead off like that. The only things you'll actually be wanting to catch by bringing in Duggy on turn 1 are Raikou and Maggy. You're gambling on the first turn when the odds are against you. Things like Starmie, Cloyster, Forretress, Mixgon, Suicune, and maybe Regice are all quite likely to also come in.

What you need to do (and I really don't understand why people don't do this) is Whirlwind the first turn your Skarmory is out. Because the average player doesn't do this, the average player also will switch in Magneton straight away when they see a Skarmory. Use it to your advantage and scout. If they have Maggy, then predict the next time it switches in and If they don't have it, they'll almost always show you their spinner, which is nice info to have.

I'm not sure why you're trying to have Skarmory deal with T-tar when you have Milotic. There isn't anything Milo fears from T-tar that Skarm doesn't. Stick with HP Flying.
images

Dugtrio (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Aerial Ace
As much as I like Skarmory as a wall I use it as a lead simply to be Magneton bait since in ADV there is no team preview I usually switch to Dugtrio in the first turn hopefully trapping a Magneton who expected an easy kill unless I'm facing a team that I already know.Despite its great ability and Speed Dugtrio still lacks power not being able to ohko Celebi with Hidden Power Bug.But if I wanted power i wouldn't use Dugtrio.Dugtrio is there to trap and kill weakened pokemons and it does that very well.Earthquake is for stab and paired with Rock Slide has an almost perfect neutral coverage.Aerial Ace is for the not so common but still I had a free moveslot Heracross.

images
You can't really go wrong with a Dugtrio set. HP Bug still deals with most Celebi, since Psychic and HP Grass 2HKO Duggy. Your main problem is Raikou, who your team has 0 answers for apart from this Dugtrio- yet theres a chance Raikou will OHKO you still. Minimise this by putting some Sp.Def investment in ( I believe 48 EVs is the number? Will have to check)
Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 68 HP / 252 Atk / 188 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Taunt
Nice Bulk,good Ability,decent Speed,great Attack and no Stealth Rocks.What a great gen to be a Gyarados.
Even though I have a Tyranitar in this team and Sandstorm keeps my Gyarados from recovering who cares?By the time my Gyarados' Hp gets low enough to get killed by Sandstorm it will have already created a massive hole in my opponents team thanks to its stats and Dragon Dnace.Hidden Power Flying is the for stab while Earthquake lets me hit Tyranitars and Electric types that aren't Zapdos.Taunt is just to tell walls to f**k off.
I don't think Gyarados should be here. Firstly, you already have a dancer in T-Tar, and that's lethal enough. Secondly, Gyarados appreciates his Leftovers. He has trouble being a bulky sweeper without them. Third, he doesn't really add anything defensively to the team- he brings a 3rd Electric weakness and a Rock weakness (for which you have no resists), whilst giving you a Ground immunity (You have one of those, and a resist) and a Water resist (you already have two). And fourth- you have no rapid spinner. On a team like this, thats fairly bad. Claydol would do much, much better here. You can even knock troublesome Gengar for a loop with Psychic. Not to mention he walls a lot of Flygon, Mence, and TTar builds.
images

Tyranitar (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
Now this wouldn't be a Sandstorm team without Sandstorm now would it?
K lets see....Pretty simple now isn't it?Dragon Dance to boost its Speed and Attack.Rock Slide for stab and paired with Earthquake provides the earlier mentioned almost perfect coverage being resisted by Claydol only if I recall correctly.Hidden Power Bug is for Claydol:)
Change your text colour, I had to highlight to read it.
Pretty standard, be careful with your DDs. A wounded T-Tar is easy Dugtrio bait, even after a DD. Personally I'd go for 172 Speed EVs, and then put the rest in HP, but thats just me.
images

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Leech Seed
- Heal Bell
- Recover
- Psychic
The main problem with my Dragon Dancers is that pretty much any Status ruin them and that's where my Celebi comes in.
While a Calm Mind set would be deadly if I passed it to one of my other pokemons I decided to support my team in another way and thats why Heal Bell is there.Leech Seed is to drain certain annoying pokes like Metagross or Zapdos.Psychic is to to hit Gengar mostly and Recover is to .....well recover...
Heal Bell Celebi fits this team well (that doesn't mean much tbh, it fits pretty much every team). Watch for Dugtrio, you can beat it with Psychic on the switch in. Houndoom and T-Tar love to switch in on this, so thats another good reason to have Claydol.
Sun_Serpent_Milotic_by_Kureculari.jpg

Milotic (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Recover
- Toxic
- Ice Beam
- Surf
Milotic is a fantastic wall.Has a reliable way to Recover, can survive a 2+Hidden Power Flying from Salamence and it can also ohko with Ice Beam and with Toxic it can make like Zapdos to think twice before switching in and do other stuff too......In short is a great 6th pokemon in this team because if I let something set it usually doesn't matter because I can Toxic stall it or kill it if one of my attacks are super effective.
Word of warning- Toxic is the only way you can deal with Swampert on this team. Set is fine.

Conclusion

Team building in ADV is no big deal and this team is pretty standard to but it does it job and it does it well.I've used it in my Frontier battles and the results were great and I've also beaten some good players with it.And I'll work on this later too.-.
Team building is very much a big deal. The idea people seem to have is that in ADV you can just slap six pokes together and it counters everything. That is quite simply not true. A lot of thought has to be put into what you use in order to cover all sides. Your team has weaknesses (even with Claydol over Gyara) to HP Ice Zapdos, Raikou, Jolteon, Tyraniboah, Regice, Ice Beam Suicune, Swampert, Cloyster, Vaporeon... the list goes on, but a theme is prevalent- Bulky Waters and Electrics. For this, I think Ludicolo could go nicely over Milotic, however you're still fairly open to Raikou (one layer of Spikes and Duggy cant stop it), so alternatively you can run Regice, but then be open still to other Regice. If you do this, then you can forget what I said about Skarm and keep Steel Wing.

Last edited: