• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sandy Christmas?

Christmas Team

First RMT.
I was going about making a Christmas team with the Stereotypical Delibird, Sawsbuck, and others while I chatted with my friend on th PO chat. She Jokingly said ‘you should make a sand Christmas team’ so here we are. I used this some competitively, then was bored with this team. So, I’m not really looking to dominate with this team, just wanted it our there.

Dark_Tyranitar.jpg

XmasFuture (Tyranitar) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Rock Slide
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake

The ghost of Christmas Future is evil, so why not a dark type? Also in my very limited experienced he is the best SS creator. I wanted him to be mostly offensive, which gives me an edge to people who believe him to be for only Pursuiting andsand. Dragon Dance boost his already great attack and speed so he outspeeds more, this is when they realize they are in trouble. Earthquake, if you are a physical sweeper and do not have it, yet have access to it, you have a set that I would like to see. Rock slide sacrifices n much less accuracy and with STAB gets more power, therefore not quite Ston Edge but a close second. Crunch is STAB and a step up from Pursuit, though it loses the switch-out bonus.

508___stoutland_by_winter_freak-d3irhw2.jpg

Max (Stoutland) (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def/4 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Fire Fang
- Ice Fang
- Wild Charge
- Crunch

Max is the Grinch’s dog, and you can’t have a sand team without sand rush! I had Expert Belt because this dog has something to beat almost everyone. Boltfang is for versatility , which Fire Fang adds even more too. I have crunch to pick up whatever Tyranitar left behind. I invested in Defense so that he could survive a mach punch, or any other fighting move that slipped in, which has saved me multiple times when this, as my last Pokemon was backed into a corner. Now that I think about it he always ended up being more of a late-game sweeper, which is why there is no Retaliate. 4 speed is enough so that the double from Sand Rush is just that much better.

susiron__s_cobalion_by_susiron-d3ecawo.png

Comet (Cobalion) @ Leftovers
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd/4 HP
- Sacred Sword
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor

Comet, one of Clause’s reindeer. I know he is a goat, but he is related to a deer and that has to count for something, no? plus Comet and Cobalion start with the same letter. Swords Dance is to set up, which 4 HP and leftovers allows you to do (most times). Then enjoy packing a punch to mostly anything that comes your way with Fighting, bug and Iron head. Pretty straightforward. This also works for wrecking several Pokemon.

Dark_Swampert_by_SilverDolphin324.jpg

Bacalchu (Swampert) (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Brick Break
- Aqua Tail
Bacalchu is a Christmas dish, that, you guessed it! involves fish. According to Wikipedia when I studied Christmas Dishes in seventh grade, It involves Catfish, which Is what comes to mind when I think Swampert. Earthquake + Stab + 252 attack ev’s equals awesome. The speed nature and EV investment is so that he can actually do damage at a nice pace. Ice Punch destroys the pesky grass types that decide to drop in on this guy. Brick Break is for Ferrothorn, and others who pose a threat to him but are resisted by his other moves. Aqua tail has great power and can end a Pokemon if torrent is activated from a hit. The HP Investment allows me to in theory finish off something before it finishes me off.

chandelure_used_inferno___by_d_idara-d48vtaq.png

XmasPast (Chandelure) (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic
- Energy Ball
The ghost of Christmas Past was bathed in fire in some stories. This Pokemon was very fun around Cobalion. Fire move, I switch to Chandelure and enjoy a nice little boost. Fighting Type I switch and it is nullified. Dark type I switch and begin to question your sanity for attacking Cobalion with a dark type move, though you killed Chandelure in the process. I invested the HP for a chance of surviving. The speed and Special attack are for attacking. I chose a timid nature so I could have more speed. Flamethrower is STAB and possible burn. Shadow ball is STAB and possible stat droop. Psychic is possible stat drop and variety. Energy ball is because I realized I was rather lacking in Grass moves. This is pretty straightforward.

student_winter_mebukijika_by_raizy-d31lxyv.png

Cupid (Sawsbuck-Winter) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sap Sipper
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Megahorn
- Wild Charge
- Return
- Horn Leech

Cupid, another reindeer. Sap sipper because Chlorophyll is pointless in the sand, attack speed and HP for reasons everyone else does. Jolly for speed, as he is kinda-sorta-not really a revenge killer, but really can’t survive many hits. Megahorn is power, and will wreck almost all it comes in contact with, with a disadvantage. Horn leech is slight recovery, but really I just needed a grass move and STAB. Wild Charge is for anything that wants to get the drop from the sky. Return, with 255 happiness and STAB is amazing at destruction. This is yet another straightforward, unoriginal set.

So enjoy!

Disclaimer: This was for fun, but turned out pretty well, this is my first RMT so if this is horrible, please inform me how to fix these for future reference.

Usatoday

Eternal God
I see you took my idea of using a sap sipper poke. I would try a choice band on swampert and run max hp not max spd and the only other thing I would say is retaliate/return instead of crunch

Xenevix

Some Guy
I would replace Sawsbuck for a Sap-Sipping Bouffalant. Bouffalant fulfills the role much better.

For Stoutland I would reccomend a revenge kill set. CB and Sand Rush go together amazingly. Return or Retaliate any day over Ice Fang. This'll make him fast and crazy strong.

And Chandelure is not something you want to use in the sand. He's too frail and residual damage kinda wrecks him. Use something like Reuniclus or Mandibuzz. That would also add some good defense to your team.

Hmmmm thanks for the advice. . . Only thing is im not sure how to tie a cell or vulture to christmas. Same with a buffalo. Currently posting from my phone, will update with choice scarf later.

You will have quite a bit of trouble countering rain, as none of your team members are fit to take repeated punishments from rain boosted water type attacks. I suggest Virizion or Celebi over Cobalion or Sawsbuck, as I see neither contributing much to the team. Because grass is such a horrible offensive typing, you won't get to use Sapsipper much to your advantage.

Vandslaux

You will have quite a bit of trouble countering rain, as none of your team members are fit to take repeated punishments from rain boosted water type attacks. I suggest Virizion or Celebi over Cobalion or Sawsbuck, as I see neither contributing much to the team. Because grass is such a horrible offensive typing, you won't get to use Sapsipper much to your advantage.

Neither are very Christmassy, though.

CiscoKetchum

CiscoKetchum
Replace Sawsbuck with Roserade. It has a nice 105 base Special Defence stat. You can name it Poinsettia (The Christmas flower) . And run it with Leech Seed , to make up for the HP it's losing to Sandstorm.

Soperman

The One and Only
A) If you have Sand Rush, you want at least a couple of speed Evs
B) Skarmory walls almost your entire team, except for Chandelure. A.k.a u have 1 special attacker.