• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Saphire/Ruby vs FireRed/Leafgreen.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
It just depends on tastes, really. Both versions are really good, though one seems to play on the nostalgia than anything else (for me anyway). Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald tried something new that worked well even if sales weren't as high up there as with the other versions. I'm glad that the third generation games are slowly gaining the recognize they deserve, because Hoenn is a really neat region, and the game was really cool, though FireRed/LeafGreen probably got the most attention because of its aforementioned nostalgia and familiar Pokémon while still including new features.

So personally, I love both versions, though I am more willing to lean toward FR/LG because of it. It looks more visually appealing in my opinion, even though Hoenn is fun to explore.

Ke$ha

Banned
I like Firered and Leafgreen more because they were remakes of old games but they still added new things to make the games stand out from the others. I really liked the new islands and the Vs Seeker thing that let you re battle trainers cuz it made training fun and easy

DarkSword39

Heehouhouhouhou!
Ruby/Sapphire are my favorite Pokemon game and my second favorite game of all time.

So yeah, Ruby/Sapphire... But I did like FireRed/LeafGreen though!

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
I can't decide which... both of them are great in their own way.

Ditto B1tch

Ruby and Sapphire are far better because of innovations and side quests. FireRed and Leaf Green are good because of the nostalgic feelings.

ashiemore

I actually like R/S/E better(especially emerald) becaause of new and superior storyline, and the battle frontier in emerald.

~ashiemore

EspNeon

Badge Collector
Each game has it's pro's and con's and depending on what you're looking for, it can affect which you think is a better game although I'd say Ruby and Sapphire are marginally better than Leaf Green and Fire Red.

Hoenn was less cluttered and had more areas to explore. It also had the new feature of Diving. Plus the story-line was much more gripping and despite the post game development, you could make your own events through contests and secret bases.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I like R/S/E better. It has battle graphics and some cut scenes

supersmew

Let me heal your ⓗ♈ʒ
I would pick Firered and Leafgreen, to me FR/LG feel a bit more brighter and polished. Ruby and Sapphire are still fun to play, but I prefer Firered and Leafgreen.