• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

sapphire or ruby

ruby or shapphire

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

brod

I'll say sapphire I guess, since it's the first 3rd generation game I owned, and I've played it for more hours than any other pokemon game.

Last edited:

Ice_Tyrant

I think emerald owns them so hard, but if I had to pick between those two, I'd pick Ruby. I like Magma more then Aqua. I like Zangoose more then Seviper, and I like Groudon > Kyogre. Duskull > Shuppet (I know Shuppet is in ruby... I think, but if I'm right, it's hard to find.)

blueorangecar1

Running on N2O
off topic: sorry i fixed it now i was in a rush to do something else:eek:n topic:the kyogre in sapphire is good :) so i let his level stay at level 50 o_O

aerisLana

i cannot believe
I like Sapphire for no reason (lol). On a serious note, maybe the reason why I liked Sapphire is because Kyogre is in it, and I like it more than Groudon.

crazymoose

Tailow!
my ruby game is by far my most completed and whatnot, so i am going to say ruby. even though i can't get my darling seviper...

Mandude

I like Sapphire the best. It was the game that got me back into it from like a 2 year break from the games. And I like Kyogre a little better than Groudon.

Dark Arceus

Worst. Name. Ever.
They're both pretty much the same. On my Ruby I have a more complete pokedex, but on Sapphire I have a better, more rounded team. I can't say I've played Shapphire though. ;)

maxx unlimited

<-Gender Undisclosed
I say Sapphire.

MAGAX

Symbol Hunter
by looks:ruby as groudon and zangoose looks better than kyogre and seviper(ruby wins)
by power:kyogre>groudon but seviper<zangoose(draw)
by villains:magma>aqua(pirates dont look good)(ruby wins)

conclusion:ruby vs sapphire:2.5 vs 0.5 ruby wins

Ruby as it was my first Pokemon Game in the third generation and I have 103 Pokemon in the Pokedex.

Ch0c0late Av3ng3r

I prefer Sapphire to Ruby as

a) Kyogre looks slightly better than Groudon, and it has the advantage over it in battles anyway
b)I think Team Aqua make more convincing criminals than Team Magma - think about it. Magma wear red "suits", where as Aqua have some black clothing and the all important Bandana >.<

Walking Contradiction

Feed Us a Fetus
b)I think Team Aqua make more convincing criminals than Team Magma - think about it. Magma wear red "suits", where as Aqua have some black clothing and the all important Bandana >.<
Absolutely. You can't be evil without a bandana.
I'm Sapphire biased because it's my most played game ever and I prefer Kyogre to Groudon.

Fire Suicune

I'd have to say Sapphire, seeing as I lost my Ruby a while ago.

But from what I remember, I wanted Sapphire over Ruby beacause it had Kyogre, and I was in a loving-everything-blue phase. I like it better now since it has Latias (yes, I know you can get her in Ruby as well) roaming about it the wild.

-F.S. out

black dog

Fun Projects Inside!
i got sapphire first and it was the best and i love kyrogre. so i vote sapphire

Scizor5000

Explorer of Time
I got Ruby so I say Ruby, but Kyogre is better than Groudon so Sapphire is a good choice.