1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Sarah Palin's bus tour?

Discussion in 'Debate Forum' started by kaiser soze, Jun 6, 2011.

1. kaiser soze

kaiser soze Reading ADWD

In a sense this is a bump of the GOP primary discussion.

so in the latest political news sarah palin is taking a bus tour over the east coast. why? good question. apparently she has no itinerary, and she hasnt declared herself a candidate yet. last week mitt romney said hes running for 2012, and sarah has said shes "sorry if I ran over mitts toes" with her publicity.

So what is this political train wreak up to? trying to show she has no idea what shes doing? scouting her remaining popularity? or just hoarding attention?

2. BigLutz

BigLutz Banned

Apparently she has gotten very good reviews on the Bus tour, not only schooling the media on history, but also giving very good and concise answers, not to mention drumming up publicity.

3. Vermehlo_Steele

Vermehlo_Steele Grand Arbiter II

This is a debate because?...

And don't worry about the "wreak", she will never win Presidency, assuming she runs.

4. Paradoxe

Paradoxe not actually psychic

We should ban political discussions on this forum completely, or what I like to call "Liberals bashing Conservatives".

5. BigLutz

BigLutz Banned

And yet in the end it usually turns into Conservatives beating the hell out of Liberals!

6. Paradoxe

Rinse and repeat, my son. Rinse and repeat.

7. Vermehlo_Steele

Politics needs to be debated, even though it's a fool-proof way of turning up the heat, politics determines how our nations are run, and shying away from politics is silly.

Though, you always get the Red/ Blue Gestapo coming in to any political discussion/ debate online and wrecking it.

8. Alleviate

Alleviate Banned

It's a natural outcome. Reasoning > Emotions.

9. kaiser soze

kaiser soze Reading ADWD

a) way to not be for free speech
    b) political debates/discussions, like other miscellaneous topics, are going to happen, so they have the debate section. even if they never end in compromise, its important for people to say whats on their minds (being relatively courteous of course)

10. Paradoxe

So you're taking away my right to say what I want because you didn't like what I said?

11. Vermehlo_Steele

(s)he didn't say "let's remove freedom of speech", only removing political debates from this forum, a different thing altogether.

12. Josiah

Josiah is your favorite

They come from the same part of the brain.

13. kaiser soze

kaiser soze Reading ADWD

your first post suggested banning political debate; therefore, you suggested taking away your own right to free speech (as well as all other members). your own words are killing you liberal.

removing political debate is removing freedom of speech

Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  14. woot21

woot21 super noob

I hope she runs for President and gets the Republician candidacy. First question at the first debate would finish, if done right. Just ask "Former Governor of Alaska Palin, if elected will you finish your term?" She couldn't handle being Alaska's governor, no way she can handle being President. Plus she lacks the brains, at least Bush knew the "fairy tale" of Paul Revere and his ride to warn the British that they werent going to take our tea for our tea parties. Even kindergarteners know that.

What's there to debate? If she should run? If you're an intelligent Democrat you have to be hoping she does, and if your an intelligent Republician you're hoping she doesn't.

15. Alleviate

Alleviate Banned

Maybe I shouldn't have gotten that Lobotomy.

16. BigLutz

BigLutz Banned

Yes because tying up state resources by idiotic Liberals suing you every day is a great way to keep the state going.

I wouldn't point fingers about a lack of brains. Sarah Palin was right, Paul Revere did end up warning the British in part of his ride.

http://legalinsurrection.blogspot.com/2011/06/so-now-all-these-people-will-apologize.html

17. CSolarstorm

CSolarstorm New spicy version

Answers on what? It seems every time I'm on the (liberal Palin-hating) news I see a fact check on something she misunderstood. For a political figure, answering questions shouldn't be a merit, but a given. And the reason why she's on the tour should be the first answer she can provide, but that's the subject of the debate, isn't it?

Hardy...har...har. Your skills are enough to back up your declaration. Good for you.

That's not really an apt characterization. Conservatives are just as emotional about being proud of their country, defeating the enemy in a war, being pro-life, even banding together and bragging about their superiority over liberals. They are no more psychologically reasonable than liberals.

18. BigLutz

BigLutz Banned

Chris Wallace, some one who does not really like Palin that much, said this today after interviewing her recently.

"“I thought she was a boffo performance today. It was the first time that I ever saw her and thought ‘this woman is a serious – if she decides to run – candidate for President. And a serious possibility to be President.’”

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/chris-wa...er-thought-this-women-is-a-serious-candidate/

She is gaining confidence, coming off as knowledgeable, smart, and quick.

19. CSolarstorm

CSolarstorm New spicy version

Also I understand the Paul Revere snafu, as I read a follow-up Yahoo article stating he did in fact inform the British, but in the context she used is that fact really as relevant as the old American legend of Revere warning us? It seemed like someone looked that up as a technicality at the last minute and used that as an explanation. I mean, it's a gaffe like any other and I wouldn't hold it against her, but I feel as if it's more likely that she just misspoke, just like McCain addressing his fellow prisoners and Obama visiting all 57 states.

20. BigLutz

BigLutz Banned

I am not too sure about that, I mean it is a possibility, but the statement was that Paul Revere was warning the British by gunshots and ringing bells that they would not take away our arms. This goes exactly with "Paul Revere's Ride" by David Hackett Fischer

"A townsman remembered that 'repeated gunshots, the beating of drums and the ringing of bells filled the air.'.... Along the North Shore of Massachusetts, church bells began to toll and the heavy beat of drums could be heard for many miles in the night air."