• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sarah Palin's bus tour?

woot21

super noob
BigLutz said:
I wouldn't point fingers about a lack of brains. Sarah Palin was right, Paul Revere did end up warning the British in part of his ride.

http://legalinsurrection.blogspot.com/2011/06/so-now-all-these-people-will-apologize.html
I don't know all the facts about her resigning, but why would she be using state resources if she personally was being sued? That seems like a misuse of state resources.

As for the Revere thing, the facts support that he warned the British, but not in the way she said. The gunshots and bells were to warn the colonist. Or is she saying that Revere was riding to warn the British that the colonist were ready to fight? She implies that Revere was either warning the British that the colonist were going to fight them or that the British couldn't easily disarm the colonist, during his ride. He only did what she says after being captured, and held at gun point. So yes, she did get Paul Revere's story wrong, despite people trying to spin it otherwise. He did not set out and ride around the warn the British, and if he did he was a traitor up there with Benedict Arnold. So is she getting her facts wrong, or invoking the name of a traitor to our nation?

BigLutz

Banned
I don't know all the facts about her resigning, but why would she be using state resources if she personally was being sued? That seems like a misuse of state resources.

As a Governor she was being sued, her actions, what ever she did as a Governor was being scrutinized for a potential lawsuit to the point that it was tying up her time and the state's time.

As for the Revere thing, the facts support that he warned the British, but not in the way she said. The gunshots and bells were to warn the colonist. Or is she saying that Revere was riding to warn the British that the colonist were ready to fight? She implies that Revere was either warning the British that the colonist were going to fight them or that the British couldn't easily disarm the colonist, during his ride. He only did what she says after being captured, and held at gun point. So yes, she did get Paul Revere's story wrong, despite people trying to spin it otherwise. He did not set out and ride around the warn the British, and if he did he was a traitor up there with Benedict Arnold. So is she getting her facts wrong, or invoking the name of a traitor to our nation?

Well lets break this down, first she mentions that yes that gunshots and church bells were being used to warn the British that we knew they were coming and we were ready for them. You claim it was used to warn the colonist, but both explanations can be true. The gunshots and church bells being used to warn the colonists, as well as a taunt to the British.

Second Paul Revere had no trouble telling the British what was ahead for them. He even did so before the British Officer threatened to "Blow his brains out" as noted by the article in the link I posted. Which makes sense in that he would be boastful of what he had accomplish, and coinside with what Sarah Palin said in using bells and gunshots to taunt the British in that we were waiting for them.

ebilly99

Americanreigon champ
My big problem with Sarah is not her brains, our her outerly morals. Instead what gets me is her victim mentality. She has blamed everyone but herself for her shortcomings. She needs to grow up and then maybe she can win... MAYBE

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
To be fair, for someone who has a victim mentality she is pretty insistant to keep on going. Wouldn't someone with a victim mentality be more likely to quit? And if the Revere thing was a gaffe, it's still pretty good that unlike other politicians she was able to somehow rationalize it.

I suppose just because it's nearing campaign time, doesn't mean Palin tours are suddenly supposed to have a special reason beyond just being normal PR tours.

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
If you're an intelligent Democrat you have to be hoping she does, and if your an intelligent Republician you're hoping she doesn't.

more like if youre an intelligent republican, youre concerned she takes publicity from your favorite to herself. and makes the GOP look less intelligent collectively. democrats have to watch the republican race closely though, as you never know what will happen. its kinda 2004 for the GOP. who knows what would happen if it was bush vs. howaed dean.

every time I see sarah palin in the news so far Im further convinced that she doesnt know what shes doing. her bus tour I find further proof, bc if she wanted to run she would have had it better planned. she doesnt really give a solid comprehensive positive policy statement (as in she usually denounces obamas policies, she says whats shes against, negative). she says shes for the "tea party" although it is not a party but a highly segmented grassroots movement, largely due to being exploited by foxnews

Im calling that she doesnt run. she might realize theres not enough room in the race now that romney declared, and that furthermore she hasnt developed a campaign or exploratory committee.

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
I just helped my son do a report on Revere. He rode through British lines Shouting and shooting guns? No, no he didn't. He did ride and carry messages, but if he had been shouting the Brits would have shot him dead before he reached his destination.

you know at one point I would have voted for Sara, Now I'm not sure, I don't know if she should have quit or not but If she quit under pressure in Alaska what will she do under the pressure of the Presidency's nay sayers?

Last edited:

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
I just helped my son do a report on Revere. He rode through British lines Shouting and shooting guns? No, no he didn't. He did ride and carry messages, but if he had been shouting the Brits would have shot him dead before he reached his destination.

he was captured by the brits at the end (having already warned the militia) and began smack talking to the redcoats, saying that the militia were ready to fight. so playing devils advocate, shes not wrong. but was she aware about this when she said that and was trying to show off to the media, or did she slip up and a small historical detail save her? either way it shows she cant handle the media (unless its fox news giving her softball questions because she works for them)

BigLutz

Banned
he was captured by the brits at the end (having already warned the militia) and began smack talking to the redcoats, saying that the militia were ready to fight. so playing devils advocate, shes not wrong. but was she aware about this when she said that and was trying to show off to the media, or did she slip up and a small historical detail save her? either way it shows she cant handle the media (unless its fox news giving her softball questions because she works for them)

So if she is aware of this detail and was showing off, how does that mean she can't handle the media? Sarah Palin has shown in the past of baiting the media. For example the Death Panels, she says one thing, allow the media to scream and point fingers at her with it, and then comes out swinging with facts and proof.

By the way for further proof, historians are now backing Palin's account.

http://bostonherald.com/news/us_politics/view.bg?articleid=1343353

Last edited:

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
I edit what I said: after being captured outside lexington, revere told the british patrol that lexington would be dangerous because of the hordes of militia. this was a bluff to get him out and to have the redcoats go to concord, not lexington. the guns were in concord (the regular's target) but were hidden across the town safely, meanwhile sam adams and john hancock were in lexington and had to GTFO before the brits arrested them. the militias were going to concord (where revere didnt get to on account of being captured). he never fired shots and actually told minutemen "the regulars are coming out" as so not to arouse suspicion from patrols and tory crown sympathizers. so he wasnt being so brazen in front of the british as sarah might have been telling us

also re-watch the 2008 VP debate if you dont think she has trouble with answering questions. and keep in mind that was against biden

Last edited:

BigLutz

Banned
I edit what I said: after being captured outside lexington, revere told the british patrol that lexington would be dangerous because of the hordes of militia. this was a bluff to get him out and to have the redcoats go to concord, not lexington. the guns were in concord (the regular's target) but were hidden across the town safely, meanwhile sam adams and john hancock were in lexington and had to GTFO before the brits arrested them. the militias were going to concord (where revere didnt get to on account of being captured). he never fired shots and actually told minutemen "the regulars are coming out" as so not to arouse suspicion from patrols and tory crown sympathizers. so he wasnt being so brazen in front of the british as sarah might have been telling us

Not exactly, again I point to what the experts are saying on this matter.

In fact, Revere’s own account of the ride in a 1798 letter seems to back up Palin’s claim. Revere describes how after his capture by British officers, he warned them “there would be five hundred Americans there in a short time for I had alarmed the Country all the way up.”

Boston University history professor Brendan McConville said, “Basically when Paul Revere was stopped by the British, he did say to them, ‘Look, there is a mobilization going on that you’ll be confronting,’ and the British are aware as they’re marching down the countryside, they hear church bells ringing — she was right about that — and warning shots being fired. That’s accurate.”

7 tyranitars

So are we talking about Palin's bus tour or some random guy in the american army/government?:S

Saboteur

The bus tour is somewhat genius. She can act like she is running and get news attention while not actually announcing her candidacy, which of course would mean she would stop getting paid by fox news for being a political contributor. Maybe she is not as dumb as we all think she is.....

At what point does this woman not become news? We get it, you ran for vice president and it was a huge failure. When will people just ignore her? She has nothing to offer the national dialogue and her speeches are just coded talking points mixed with words picked up at random from a thesaurus.

This and her reality show are totally unstatesmanlike, and represents her transparent desperation to be a celebrity. A goal which completely eclipsed any real interest she might have had in public service.

She is a distraction, inhibiting Americans from actually having honest and productive political discourse. I feel so sorry for intelligent republicans. People like her, Michelle Bachmann, and Donald Trump make you all look like lunatics.

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
What a despicable woman. I have to give her credit though, she, or those responsible for doing so, are fairly good at getting her the attention she wants, as for some inexplicable reason, people continue to treat her as more than an ignorant fringe hick.

BigLutz

Banned
What a despicable woman. I have to give her credit though, she, or those responsible for doing so, are fairly good at getting her the attention she wants, as for some inexplicable reason, people continue to treat her as more than an ignorant fringe hick.

And yet so far she has been playing the idiots who try to play her off as a idiot as the ignorant fringe hicks.

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
And yet so far she has been playing the idiots who try to play her off as a idiot as the ignorant fringe hicks.

And yet when the media portrays anything that doesn't support her, she sneers the words "lame stream media" for the umpteenth time like a poorly-engineered pullstring toy. :D It's funny, really. After all, I have no confidence in her ever being anything more than a joke to people on both sides of the political spectrum, supported only by a few lonely, desperate fanboys.

BigLutz

Banned
And yet when the media portrays anything that doesn't support her, she sneers the words "lame stream media" for the umpteenth time like a poorly-engineered pullstring toy. :D It's funny, really. After all, I have no confidence in her ever being anything more than a joke to people on both sides of the political spectrum, supported only by a few lonely, desperate fanboys.

How far has the Media gone to attack her and fellow Republicans, she has a right to sneer at them after everything they have thrown at her.

If it's one thing I've changed my mind on, it's Sarah Palin's ability to win. Not one Republican candidate can create the hysteria she creates within her party's base. Liberals would be stupid to overlook her. She has the capacity to reach out to middle class and lower class Americans, groups that Obama has severely disappointed.

Vermehlo_Steele

Grand Arbiter II
Damn, and I thought our politicians were childish.

If it's one thing I've changed my mind on, it's Sarah Palin's ability to win. Not one Republican candidate can create the hysteria she creates within her party's base. Liberals would be stupid to overlook her. She has the capacity to reach out to middle class and lower class Americans, groups that Obama has severely disappointed.
... Really? Trust me, if Obama had earned the ire of the entire/ most of the 'middle class', you would've felt it now. How the hell can you win when the moderate Republicans are unwilling to support her, the extreme section can only carry you so far.

Last edited:

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD

... Really? Trust me, if Obama had earned the ire of the entire/ most of the 'middle class', you would've felt it now. How the hell can you win when the moderate Republicans are unwilling to support her, the extreme section can only carry you so far.

indeed. the further away from the center you are, the more vocal they are