• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Satan - Is he really evil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

7 tyranitars

Sadib

Time Lord Victorious
Satan is obviously evil. That's why he's called the devil. What's next? Are you going to question Superman's goodness?

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
I should take two babies, and give them candy. I will tell the boy baby to not eat the candy. If the girl baby eats the candy, I will kick them both out of my house.

Except you're missing the idea that both ate the fruit. Adam was convinced by Eve to eat the fruit. Since he knowingly sinned, he, too, was cast from Eden. If Adam had just listened to God, then this world would be full of pure men and evil women I guess. :p

Luthor

Except you're missing the idea that both ate the fruit. Adam was convinced by Eve to eat the fruit. Since he knowingly sinned, he, too, was cast from Eden. If Adam had just listened to God, then this world would be full of pure men and evil women I guess. :p

yes but remember according to the story it was an apple from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.Up until they eat the apple neither Adam or Eve could possibly know what they were doing was wrong or even understand wrong.If God didn't wish for them to eat the apple he could have not made the tree or put it so far away they couldn't get to it or take away the snake's ability to talk or just get rid of the snake or not leave Adam and Eve alone with the snake.For a being thats supposed to be all-knowing this seems like incredibly bad forward planning.

Sadib

Time Lord Victorious
God knew all along that they would eat the fruit. (It was never stated to be an apple.) God just wanted to punish his creations for having a flaw that he gave them.

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
God knew all along that they would eat the fruit. (It was never stated to be an apple.) God just wanted to punish his creations for having a flaw that he gave them.

They depict as an apple in the books and movies, though, probably because an apple is so generic that everyone can tell it's a fruit.

Who knows, maybe this was all just to entertain God for eternity. Kind of a depressing way to look at things, but I doubt it.

Bottom line: Satan/Lucifer/the Devil/Pointy Horns McSins-A-Lot is definitely evil.

SwiftSoul

Kinkmeister General
The serpent was never stated to be Satan; that is more of a meta-concept.

As far as I know, the only explicit reference to Satan proper was his tempting of Job. There is not really sufficient evidence from there to paint him as anything more than neutral, and lawful neutral at that, as El gave him permission to do all the things he did to Job. Since OT God and NT God are extremely different in characterization, I see no reason to believe the two are the same god, and, by extension, the two Satans the same, either.

However, either way, if Satan is doing what God predestined him to do, then he is truly not rebelling, because he is actually doing what he is designed to do, and thus is "good" as he is doing God's will. If he is not doing what he is designed to do, God is therefore not omnipotent, nor omniscient, and therefore a lair and an overall negative force, making Satan "good".

Steelers_Fan

hiding in your mind
Satan is not evil per say. Although he acts against God, he still works within God's perimeters. It is stated in the Bible that God is omniscient and omnipresent. This means, contrary to belief, that God had plans for all of this. God created Satan, the most perfect of all angels, and Satan fell. Much like God created humans, the most perfect of all animals, and we fell. You can hardly say Satan is evil, when God allows it to happen. In fact, Satan seems more fitting for the role of a tool instead of a rebellious entity.

SATAN – A Title for an Opponent
The title “Satan” is equally generic in scripture. It is not a personal name, and thus again its use is not limited to a single character. The title “Satan” is applied for one who stands in opposition; and it is applied, in the same way as “Elohim,” across the full spectrum of scriptural characters from a) God, to b) angels, to c) human men.

a) God as “Satan” (Compare these two parallel accounts)
Again the anger of the LORD burned against Israel, and he incited David against them, saying, “Go and take a census of Israel and Judah.” (2 Samuel 24:1)
SATAN rose up against Israel and incited David to take a census of Israel. (1 Chronicles 21:1)
b) An angel as “Satan”
But God’s anger was kindled because he went; and the angel of the LORD took his stand in the way as his adversary [Hebrew: SATAN]. Now he was riding on the ***, and his two servants were with him. (Numbers 22:22 RSV)
c) A human man as “Satan”
Jesus turned and said to Peter, “Get behind me, SATAN! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men.” (Matthew 16:23)
http://www.one-gospel.org/concepts/i_concepts_05.htm

Celestial Moth

Guardian of the Tree of Time
Satan is not evil per say. Although he acts against God, he still works within God's perimeters. It is stated in the Bible that God is omniscient and omnipresent. This means, contrary to belief, that God had plans for all of this. God created Satan, the most perfect of all angels, and Satan fell. Much like God created humans, the most perfect of all animals, and we fell. You can hardly say Satan is evil, when God allows it to happen. In fact, Satan seems more fitting for the role of a tool instead of a rebellious entity.

In order for all possible equations to be actualized and re-remembered/recalled, all things have to be actualized according to all possibilities. This includes the evil works of any being because of the reactions of their actions and the knowledge that sprouts out from such actions. The energy in which such things produce and is attached to is what the first being harvests, the sovereign god often mentioned in the bible is a imitator and is not the true first teacher.

Only the disturbed and confused seek to disturb the peace. But this is only done so that one can understand in varies ways.
Their is a good and an evil but both are the same and both will eventually equal the same outcome. Though regardless of how that knowledge
comes into existence or even how it is harvested, one has to have a clear mind and have peace to see clearly..

Last edited:

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
Yes CM but What makes said act evil or good? As a soldier I kill for my government, I supposedly am killing bad men. However how do I know that the men I am killing are actually bad? What makes an action bad? Again as a Soldier I have to kill. If I take pleasure from killing a "Bad" person is this not evil? Or is it the "same outcome" you reference?

Celestial Moth

Guardian of the Tree of Time
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence." Gandhi..

If one does not act upon a feeling it often causes pain upon oneself, besides those who kill and are killed do only so because they are allowed to, otherwise they wouldn't be killed and or wouldn't kill, this is ordered out by a high being with power.Like how you may have been commanded to act in a certain way.

The fact one may or may not regret an action is only because they disagree with the feelings or actions that they might have had or acted out. Though regardless you and or others may have done so, and in same cases against their free will, because all movements and actions have been contemplated and are being actualized over and over so that through repetition new things can be forged from the old events. On this note their are those who's blood-lust is only ever quenched when they finally understand true knowledge when they are forced to contemplate, others will just loose theirselfs to insanity. An example of that is how some in jail often those in for life, turn their life around.

Everything happens for a reason because of the preordained events in which the first transcending being has contemplated. All knowledge reveals itself through the actions of everything and every action needs to be actualized before all knowledge is contemplated and revealed.

No action is either good or bad, though either only has a name because people may or may not understand either. But knowledge of both only means that they equal the same outcome which reveals that they are the same because of their evolution. Acting upon the nature of oneself is not evil or good it is as is, because we were born that way and the destiny and actions each individual needs to act out to for fill the great collective consciousness's knowledge, will be done regardless.
As evolved individuals we will always have free thought and impulsive actions that may act out of the order of things because of our natural reactions to anything and this is how new knowledge is created, though ones again neither is evil nor good because of its evolution and outcome.

Malanu, those who are commanded by a higher power any higher power, to act out an action do so because they were commanded to, by a higher power..
Natural selection is an appendage of the first being, whom allows death to uphold the strengths and weakness of those involved, this allows evolution to flourish.
As a result knowledge arises from the corpses of those whom uphold this arcane law. This is why people look towards the "positive" side of things so that may understand
and learn from the events in which they may have not understood.
When in your gut you no weather you should do something or not, though you still do it, this is a small example of Another being using another as theirself.
Afterwards one may regret their actions, but they never had a choice to begin with. You have done no evil.

With all this said, few will actuly understand it and even fewer will learn from it. Though those whom are meant to will.

Last edited:

Search_Ops_TeamD

ShaggySmurf
In my opinion, no, Satan is not evil. Satan is more like instinct. I assume that we are defining Satan as the entity that represents the unacceptable part of the consciousness, meaning Satan is thought to be the "bad" in people. I believe that Satan is not the evil in us. Why? Because even though everyone has a bad side, not everyone has an evil side. There's a difference. Since Satan supposedly resides in everyone, then he can't be evil. He more represents the primal instinct in us, which most people think of as uncivilized desires, which in turn are seen as bad and uncontrolled. Some people however cherish these primal instincts, which may explain the rise of religions that praise Satan. You could say Satan is "bad" but not evil. You see, bad is something that is broad and is defined differently by different people. You may think something is bad, but to another person that something maybe ok. Evil is something that is absolute. It is a disturbing chaos to everything around it. Well, at least that's how I look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.