• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Satan - Is he really evil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wasarym

'lectric-blue flavor
YEAH I always wondered about that. Is it that God & Devil were named after good and evil, or that the etymology of good and evil was derived from God & Devil?

Keep in mind that many beings from many mythologies are referred to as gods.

Also, the Bible is translated from hebrew.

Yeah that is just a coincidence. God is not even a name it is a title or term used to describe something. And we know from the texts that this god does have an actual name, 'lord god' is just it's title.

Last edited:

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
YEAH I always wondered about that. Is it that God & Devil were named after good and evil, or that the etymology of good and evil was derived from God & Devil?
Well the concepts of good and evil deities were around long before Christianity came along so I have to go with choice A).

Celestial Moth

Guardian of the Tree of Time
Satan approves of addictions.

If you are dependent on something, is your will will really free?

Only those who disregard all temptations and all human desires are free from the humanoid being known as satan and the
tricks and games such a being employs upon as all so that our minds and collective consciousness of is stunted. Though those
who are able to relieve theirselfs from the attachments in which hold our spirit down on this plane, are relieved from such burdens
and are weightless upon the universe. In doing so they create the knowledge many can not and its why many revere such beings like
jesus and gautama siddharta.
This, creates an astral projection of their self in which they can mirror all things including the first being
made up of pure energy in which transcends back to the begging through itself creating the infinite of all equations upon its back
The potential that human beings have and the possibilities in which we could create and have are undefinable because of our diversity.
Those who hate can not understand and satan, hates us all because of our potential and because it doesn't understand nor can ever because it is not spiritual and the stubborn are stubborn because they no their wrong or, they truly believe their right.
Either way they are trying to understand in one form or another though you can not hate a being that hates all because of a lack of understanding.
For hate only breeds more hate until that hate is put out only when that fire burns upon a lake of pure tranquil water in which can take many forms.
Only when the force of hatred is projected into a pool of pure,lucid and positive energy can it be remaid into a new form just like the metamorphic rocks
do up heat and pressure, heat is pure energy and pressure is itself.
Satan uses hate and those who know this being weather it be because of a dream, a realization or evidence uncovered will understand this.
This is a trick in which those who feed of dark energy employ so that they can drink from the eternal lakes of your spirit.
Though the knowledge gained by understanding and love, even towards a being like satan obviously can

In doing so those who do relieve their self's from the very his hatred are given the peace in which only those who do so can achieve.
While those who continue to hate, suffer continuously over and over from the ever burning hatred in which they keep burning.
Satan is just another being using hate, nothing more and nothing less. Fortunately the oh so many orders of faith and the knowledge
they harness exists for one of the many reasons and one is to extinguish hatred. One thing is for sure those who hate can never understand.

Last edited:

WizardTrubbish

much more beastly
Satan is not evil if he punishes the evil people of the world. It makes perfect logical sense. If anything, it makes him an accomplice to God's plan and Utopia/Heaven...

Satan is just another patr of christian religion that doesn't make sense. He punish bad people, and is concidered so bad himself. He should be encouraging this sort of behaviour, not punish it.

If Satan is supposed to be evil, how come he punishes evil people? That is like saying the justice system is evil because they punish bad people. It doesn't make sense. Then again, nothing makes very much sense in any religion, which is why I'm a proud Atheist.
Nice theory guys, except according to the bible, Satan doesn't punish evil people. Know why the bible said God created Hell? To punish Satan for betraying him. Satan's betrayal is why he's considered evil.

Wasarym

'lectric-blue flavor
Only those who disregard all temptations and all human desires are free from the humanoid being known as satan and the
tricks and games such a being employs upon as all so that our minds and collective consciousness of is stunted. Though those
who are able to relieve theirselfs from the attachments in which hold our spirit down on this plane, are relieved from such burdens
and are weightless upon the universe. In doing so they create the knowledge many can not and its why many revere such beings like
jesus and gautama siddharta.
This, creates an astral projection of their self in which they can mirror all things including the first being
made up of pure energy in which transcends back to the begging through itself creating the infinite of all equations upon its back
The potential that human beings have and the possibilities in which we could create and have are undefinable because of our diversity.
Those who hate can not understand and satan, hates us all because of our potential and because it doesn't understand nor can ever because it is not spiritual and the stubborn are stubborn because they no their wrong or, they truly believe their right.
Either way they are trying to understand in one form or another though you can not hate a being that hates all because of a lack of understanding.
For hate only breeds more hate until that hate is put out only when that fire burns upon a lake of pure tranquil water in which can take many forms.
Only when the force of hatred is projected into a pool of pure,lucid and positive energy can it be remaid into a new form just like the metamorphic rocks
do up heat and pressure, heat is pure energy and pressure is itself.
Satan uses hate and those who know this being weather it be because of a dream, a realization or evidence uncovered will understand this.
This is a trick in which those who feed of dark energy employ so that they can drink from the eternal lakes of your spirit.
Though the knowledge gained by understanding and love, even towards a being like satan obviously can

In doing so those who do relieve their self's from the very his hatred are given the peace in which only those who do so can achieve.
While those who continue to hate, suffer continuously over and over from the ever burning hatred in which they keep burning.
Satan is just another being using hate, nothing more and nothing less. Fortunately the oh so many orders of faith and the knowledge
they harness exists for one of the many reasons and one is to extinguish hatred. One thing is for sure those who hate can never understand.

Satan practically is hate, he hates us all so much. The closest thing to pleasure he ever receives is when he's got you in a figurative stranglehold.

Remorph

Alone With Everybody
Stuff like this makes my eyes bleed. Satan rebelled against God. Of course that makes him evil. The Bible blasts the devil so many times... You'd be a fool NOT to see that.

Dreamy

You could spend an eternity debating all of the inconsistencies in christianity, well pretty much every religion. I don't like organized religions personally, no offense to anyone, but most of us are coached from birth by our parents to believe what they believe in, which they probably received from their parents as well and so on. I prefer to think for myself and decide what I believe in.

Wasarym

'lectric-blue flavor
You could spend an eternity debating all of the inconsistencies in christianity, well pretty much every religion. I don't like organized religions personally, no offense to anyone, but most of us are coached from birth by our parents to believe what they believe in, which they probably received from their parents as well and so on. I prefer to think for myself and decide what I believe in.

That's actually a pretty big point in the Church of Jesus Christ and Latter-Day Saints, which I'm a part of. That's not for this place though, and neither was your comment. Stop trying to convert us.

Wasarym

'lectric-blue flavor
But I thought he was the source of all evil, so that makes him the perfect scapegoat.

Satan's influence has effected everyone since forever. It's something that everyone's dealing (or not) with.

If you live in an area where it rains a lot, and there's a large hole in your roof, then water's going to get in and wreck stuff. Sure, it wouldn't have happened if the rain didn't happen. But you really should have fixed your roof, even if you had to work in the rain.

That may not have been the best analogy, but you get what I'm saying, right?

God is the thing that created everything, right? So God created evil and darkness, it could be no other way. Its not God then if It did not create everything.

I was thinking about this the other day, why did 'God' let Rome invade, conquer, and destroy Israel? Like really why/how could this happen. One answer I'd imagine some people giving would be that: It was so that Jesus could be crucified. Pretty messed up from any angle, and justifications for it end up becoming contradictions. Yet another reason why, as Anthony Green once said, 'this is why I turn and walk away from everything'.

Last edited:

Wasarym

'lectric-blue flavor
God is the thing that created everything, right? So God created evil and darkness, it could be no other way. Its not God then if It did not create everything.

I was thinking about this the other day, why did 'God' let Rome invade, conquer, and destroy Israel? Like really why/how could this happen. One answer I'd imagine some people giving would be that: It was so that Jesus could be crucified. Pretty messed up from any angle, and justifications for it end up becoming contradictions. Yet another reason why, as Anthony Green once said, 'this is why I turn and walk away from everything'.

Without darkness, there can't be light. Without sadness, happiness wouldn't mean anything. There is opposition in all things.

You're demonizing the Romans. They were people too.

Also, it was the jews themselves who wanted Jesus crucified.

You're demonizing the Romans. They were people too.

Also, it was the jews themselves who wanted Jesus crucified.

1st not really my point at all, kind of an oblivious remark 2nd part is simply wrong. Yes the were people, never said that they were not. There is no denying that the Roman Empire was probably one of the most brutal, dickish groups in history. And it was the Romans who killed Jesus, the Jewish high priests approved of this and were cohorts, but it was ultimately the Romans.

Wasarym

'lectric-blue flavor
1st not really my point at all, kind of an oblivious remark 2nd part is simply wrong. Yes the were people, never said that they were not. There is no denying that the Roman Empire was probably one of the most brutal, dickish groups in history. And it was the Romans who killed Jesus, the Jewish high priests approved of this and were cohorts, but it was ultimately the Romans.

What I was talking about was when the people were given the choice to sentence Barabbas the criminal to crucifixion, or Jesus. They chose Jesus. Jesus told God to forgive them for they know not what they do. I'd infer that Jesus was talking about everyone involved.

The Romans were simply acting out their justice system. They didn't take offense to Jesus the way the jews did. Yes, the Romans were dickish. As were the Assyrians, and the Phillistines. As I edited in my last post while you were responding (and thus made myself look like an idiot), there is opposition in all things.

Status
Not open for further replies.