• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Satoshi Haters - Explain Yourselves

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Humans were granted a soul, putting them on higher standards than animals/Pokemon. When someone throws their life away for something without a soul and is not worth as much as you, I find it rather stupid. But, who knows, perhaps Pokemon have been granted souls and his risking a life for a Pokemon is actually worth it. Prove me wrong about Ash, and I might end up changing my mind about him.

Read it - http://vetmedicine.about.com/library/viewers/uc-animal-souls.htm

I couldn't have put it better myself.

Thinking about it, your saying that if you had a family dog and you all got caught in a house fire, you'd just leave it there to die? Because there's one thing i know for sure (its happened to my Aunt, Uncle and little Cousin), a dog will alert its family of a fire, it will do its best to help save anyone it can, even if this means putting its own life in danger. It will stay with a baby and howl until someone comes. It won't leave until it knows EVERYONE is safe!

Now, a dog wouldn't do this if it didn't have emotions. To have emotions, i'm pretty sure you need a soul.

TeddiUrsa

Jup said all I could have said. But better!

I really like Kanto Ash with his crazy antics, funny moments, stubborn fights etc. and Ash became more and more boring and sterile as the show went along. The few good moments he has are interaction moments with Jun or Shinji or some very few singular episodes, but...isn´t he meant to be the MAIN character? I don´t know...I like almost all of his Pokémon, but could live without him. What else does he offer that a replacement couldn´t? Being a walking reason for TR, older main and side characters & his old Pokémon to remain on the show and that´s it really ^^"

milenadrg

Ash's replacement? I don't think we will find that guy. I was thinking Jimmy would be replacement at the Johto, but he isn't...
Ash is the only one...

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Would anyone be opposed to the idea of Pokémon pertaining to two separate quests at once? Of course, in essence, they already do this anyway, what with the contests and all. But I'm talking about having, say a fortnight's worth of episodes dedicated to Ash's adventure, with the following week being about some other character. Cybercubed already mentioned Ash making cameos if another character took the reigns, but in this case they could do so without completely obscuring his ongoing quest from the viewers. Pokémon has more than enough episodes per generation to pull this sort of thing off effectively, imo. And if it didn't work in their favour, they could always end the new character's story abruptly. It's not like they haven't phased out or glossed over past recurring characters afterall.

Yami Marius

Pokémon Wizard
I don't hate Ash or something, his character is just poorly created, that's all; if anyone ought to be blamed for it, it's the writing staff for making him in the first place. Come to think of it, the other Pokémon characters aren't that great either. Then again, why make decent characters in a show that doesn't seem to go anywhere?

Yuitheeevee

Pokemon Breeder
i've noticed that either

1) TR fans
2) people who just got into the pokemon pokemon series (younger kids)
3) older pokemn fans (like that were between the ages 8-15 when the anime started and are still fans)

hate Ash's character. way, i blame the violant anime nowadays (take naruto for example) now i like these types of shows but i hate people who just finished watching an episodeof naruto and bleach AND THEN watch pokemon and complain about it. and mostof the complants i hear about are about ash... guess what, nobody cares. i'm tired of people saying that ash's character is shallow and one demential. ash is someone who sicks up for want he beleves in and sometimes get into fights. just cause their isn't bloodshed every 5 minutes does't mean the show sucks and ash's character is even worse. and then they're people who count every season is a year. no..just no.

the thing is if people hate the so much, then why do they continue to watch the show.
it's a reason to complain.

I think that Ash's only replacement will be himself with a change of clothes. Although Ash will most likely always remain the same protagonist in this generation, I wouldn't mind a new spin-off where a new hero stars in the future (by something like a few decades), and Ash is mentioned often as a famous battler. Then again, that might ruin the writer's plans on Ash's future...

Red Jr.

Banned
I for one, think Ash is amazing. He's one of my favourite characters in all of the TV shows I watch.

After all you typed Jesse GS, it's clear that all the Ash-haters are either not mentally intact, or they just hate him for some stupid reason. And they're too scared to argue with you in this thread because they have no good come-back.

randomspot555

I think that Ash's only replacement will be himself with a change of clothes. Although Ash will most likely always remain the same protagonist in this generation, I wouldn't mind a new spin-off where a new hero stars in the future (by something like a few decades), and Ash is mentioned often as a famous battler. Then again, that might ruin the writer's plans on Ash's future...

You'll notice that they kind of experimented with Ash being semi-famous after Kanto and the Orange Island leagues, but they quickly dropped it. If Ash is famous, then it takes away from how relatable he can be, both to new trainers in the anime, and the kids who watch it.

trixie08

Speak No Evil
I don't necesarrily hate Ash, I just hate the fact that he doesn't use pokemon like Muk or Kingler or Gliscor or Staravia.
Ditto, because I really like Staravia, and when was the last time we saw it actually fight? In Veilstone City?

Also Gliscor, because it needs more experience, not to mention it's also a funny character.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
I blame the violant anime nowadays (take naruto for example) now i like these types of shows but i hate people who just finished watching an episodeof naruto and bleach AND THEN watch pokemon and complain about it. and mostof the complants i hear about are about ash... guess what, nobody cares...

...Just cause their isn't bloodshed every 5 minutes does't mean the show sucks and ash's character is even worse. and then they're people who count every season is a year. no..just no.

Yeah, that does get annoying. I actually like the fact that in Pokemon no fights result in a death, because that means you can get these amazing fights without knowing that it will end in losing a character.

But I agree that Ash does likely get hatred from the fact that he's shown up by main characters in darker animes, who have a darker side to them.

Though Naruto has a pretty pesky personality too. But I guess he's killed a couple people, right? Ash's only dark side is in that he sometimes humiliates others with cheap victories, but that isn't exactly the same as taking a life, right?

I do agree that people who prefer dark animes should stick to dark animes, and live pokemon the hell alone.

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
I do agree that people who prefer dark animes should stick to dark animes, and live pokemon the hell alone.

QFT. I can't tell you how many people I've encountered both here and elsewhere who complain that the show isn't gritty or violent enough, and that it needs more psychological drama and emotional angst. For God's sake, this is a kids' show...

randomspot555

QFT. I can't tell you how many people I've encountered both here and elsewhere who complain that the show isn't gritty or violent enough, and that it needs more psychological drama and emotional angst. For God's sake, this is a kids' show...

I think this also goes for the "OMGerz teh dub is FOR KIDZ but teh japaneze is s000 deep and daRK!" posters too. The Japanese version is lightweight stuff too. Just because their language might be a bit more risque (IE that's how people speak in Japan) doesn't make it any less of a kid's show.

It'd be NICE to have a darker or more violent anime, like how some of the manga is. But it won't happen, because there isn't an audience to watch it. The number of anime watchers above 16 years old (maybe even 13) are few at best, and new viewers will automatically be repulsed by "Ew, Pokemon"

Cobalt_Latios

Yeah, that does get annoying. I actually like the fact that in Pokemon no fights result in a death, because that means you can get these amazing fights without knowing that it will end in losing a character.
It's funny because this is one of the main reasons why I truly enjoy this show; you know the cast change only happens in the vein of a collection RPG, not involving any deaths and thus making it easier for me to view this show. Lighthearted shows I enjoy more than the grittier, darker shows (ironically, I do love this other show which does involve a few character "deaths", but in a way, it's mostly the villains that end up getting killed), which is why I have a hard time with some other shows if I know a character may not come back.

This makes a lot of sense. I mean, sure you can be a fan of this show if you're above the recommended viewing age; I have no problem whatsoever. Just, don't say an improvement would involve a grittier atmosphere. It's based upon a very lighthearted game series that will never involve a character death (unless otherwise mentioned in terms of previous events perhaps). You can be a fan of it, but don't compare to shows that are, quite literally, night and day.

This is what happens when you age while still enjoying kids shows; their mindset gets change. I grateful this hasn't happened to me.

You can't change what genre this series is. I mean, notice the art styles between various shows; the more "older" shows tend to have a more detailed look for that age group, whereas the "younger" shows have a more simplistic approach for that demographic. So, if you're going to like it, you'll just have to know what makes you like the show to bother watching it.

I find the comedy aspect and the game references are what have kept me watching this show for so long.

I don't dislike Ash, I think the guy's a decent role model; he's a great morality to himself, is kind to others, knows justice, and is great with friendship (you could argue these traits, but oh well.). Really, he has flaws, but they're what make him a great character.

~C_L~

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
It's not like I don't like him; I sort of do like him, but he's fun to make fun of by other people.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Everyone said:
New main character GETTO daze!
I never understood the mindset that would lead to thinking that a new main character would be so much better than Ash. They'd still stick to a typical shonen hero personality, and if the fate of everyone who has ever been a main character for any considerable length of time is any indication, the new main character would too become as stale as Ash after a while. The best case scenario would be going to a MC like Kanto Ash or Jun, but it'd be silly having to either a)never mature that character ever or b)constantly reset the show so the writers can keep using that immature personality while eventually maturing them(hope you LOVE seeing stupid newbie characters!). Sure it'd be fresh for a while, but I'd rather not see Pokemon turn into an anime where every region is barely connected to past regions.

Ash may be a bit stale, but he's not Brock for frick's sake!

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
They'd still stick to a typical shonen hero personality, and if the fate of everyone who has ever been a main character for any considerable length of time is any indication, the new main character would too become as stale as Ash after a while.

I think May and Dawn prove that you can have two characters do the same thing but still have their stories play out different.

A new main character would probably have some similarities to Ash, just like there are parts of Dawn's personality that are similar to May's, but they're still different characters and their stories would be different.

Having a new male do Gyms wouldn't make him a total copy of Ash, not at all.

HoennMaster

Seriously, I for one would not link to see Ash flirt and try to kiss and hump Dawn every episode, or see Pokémon try to rip each others flesh off and cause massive amounts of blood everywhere. The show is fine the way it is.

Profesco

gone gently
There will not be a change of main character. The show is about Ash's Pokemon journey. It has been for over ten years. It's his show. Think House, think Naruto, think Family Matters, think Inu Yasha, think Friends, think Dora the Explorer, think The Simpsons, yadda yadda. These shows are about the characters they're about. A show has a main character, and for as long as it is the same show, it has the same main character. Ash is the main Pokemon character. Want not-Ash Pokemon television? Watch the Hoso specials. That's all you'll get.

C'est finit.

I'm not complaining that he has flaws. All characters should have flaws, otherwise they become perfect and unrealistic. My complaint is that his flaws are annoying, used too often as comic relief, and make it difficult for many fans to like him as a character.

So, you're not complaining that he has flaws, you're complaining that his flaws... are flaws? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.