• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Satoshi Haters - Explain Yourselves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
all of my friends hate ash because ''He is mean to team rocket when he doesn't know what they've gotten through'' in fact my best friend's room is FILLED with drawings of him killing ash. (no I won't show them)

shac

But why is that a reason for hating Ash?

As I said, the only logical answer is if Ash didn't go back to get him for a selfish reason. But Ash has never displayed contempt for his Pokemon, so why would he purposely not go back for Pidgeot? It's much more likely that he simply forgot (mistake, and he is a forgetful person, but that's no good reason to hate him) or that he knows Pidgeot's job isn't finished.

This all goes back to what I posted earlier. ESPECIALLY when someone mentions releasing Pokemon (and it's usually Butterfree, Pidgeot, Charizard, Lapras that is mentioned) or anything else that hasn't happened in 8-10 years, they come up with an action of Ash's that they despise, but they can't say why this action pisses them off. If they were around to watch those episodes, it probably means they're, at the youngest, 16 (but more likely, 18-22). It means they've grown out of Pokemon, and they just aren't willing to admit it.

Well, you are stubborn, aren't you? Forgetfulness is not an excuse, never! For all we know, pidgeot might have been missing Ash for a long time now. The feud between the birds might have died out long ago and Pidgeot might have been wanting to rejoin Ash. But does Ash care? Does he ever think about the bird to whom he promised to return? There is the problem, see? He promised to return and then forgot-and that is really very selfish from Ash's part. Once you have got other good birds on your team, you no longer care what happened to the very first one. And he has no way of knowing that Pidgeot's job isn't done yet, so don't bring that excuse in.

Nobody complains about releasing Lapras or Butterfree. Lapras got its family and the btterfree got its love. Those were unconditional releases. But Pidgeot and Primape were never released unconditionally, Ash made promises to return to them. What about Primape? I recently re-watched that episode where he left Primape. Primape was definitely sad to be left like that and Ash made a clear promise that he will return for him. And now see, he does not even recall that poor monkey. How does that make Primape feel, do you think?

So yeah I hate Ash for that.............

Igottapoo

In my nightmares
How does that make Primape feel, do you think?
Well I think at this point, he probably doesn't care anymore.

randomspot555

Well, you are stubborn, aren't you?

No. I just want an actual discussion. I know the proper post for PAD, in most users' minds, is "omgzers lol XD XD :smiley abuse here:", but please don't mistake an actual paragraph as being harsh or stubborn.

Forgetfulness is not an excuse, never! For all we know, pidgeot might have been missing Ash for a long time now. The feud between the birds might have died out long ago and Pidgeot might have been wanting to rejoin Ash. But does Ash care? Does he ever think about the bird to whom he promised to return? There is the problem, see? He promised to return and then forgot-and that is really very selfish from Ash's part. Once you have got other good birds on your team, you no longer care what happened to the very first one. And he has no way of knowing that Pidgeot's job isn't done yet, so don't bring that excuse in.

Nobody complains about releasing Lapras or Butterfree. Lapras got its family and the btterfree got its love. Those were unconditional releases. But Pidgeot and Primape were never released unconditionally, Ash made promises to return to them. What about Primape? I recently re-watched that episode where he left Primape. Primape was definitely sad to be left like that and Ash made a clear promise that he will return for him. And now see, he does not even recall that poor monkey. How does that make Primape feel, do you think?

So yeah I hate Ash for that.............

Please. Again, you're assuming Ash is doing it for narcissistic reasons. I only bought up the other possibilities to show that they are just as likely the answer as those, like you, who assume Ash did it out of some narcissistic notion. I just think it's stupid to hate a character based on a character flaw.

As for Primeape, he's a very independent spirit. I have a hard time believing he's in the P-1 whatever crying over Ash at night.

all of my friends hate ash because ''He is mean to team rocket when he doesn't know what they've gotten through'' in fact my best friend's room is FILLED with drawings of him killing ash. (no I won't show them)

Your friends are all idiots. Team Rocket are the bad guys, and have put Ash's life on the line several times (arguably, a bit more so in the days of Kanto and Johto). There's no reason for Ash to bother to understand them, because they aren't deserving of that chance.

Marzillius

Also one of the reasons I hate Ash. But I don't have such drawings, that's just kinda creepy.

Lol, I must have over 50 reasons for hating Ash :O

Your friends are all idiots. Team Rocket are the bad guys, and have put Ash's life on the line several times (arguably, a bit more so in the days of Kanto and Johto). There's no reason for Ash to bother to understand them, because they aren't deserving of that chance.

Umm, what you just said is the reason that war breaks out in the real world. The first country have only one view on the other country (Ash's view on Team Rocket = Bad guy uncapable of doing good deeds) and refuses to understand who they really are (just like Ash does to Team Rocket). So what you said is just wrong. Team Rocket's tries to steal Pikachu is just a personal vendetta. They were never given any order from Giovanni to capture Pikachu. They just want to do it because they hate Ash because Ash hates them, and so the evil circle goes on, just like in the real world.

Last edited:

Marzillius

do tell... and no repeating or "HE JUST SUX!!! lolololol"

50 is a bit too much, but I'll try to list...

1: Ash is pretended to be a perfect, nice person.
2: 90% of all times in all kinds of fiction I hate the main character.
3: Ash messes with Team Aqua and Magma.
4: Ash messes with Team Galactic.
5: Ash is way too strong for his age, and most of his Pokémon aren't even evolved!
5: Ash gets to meet all the important persons.
6: Ash is too mean to Team Rocket when he doesn't know who the hell they are what they have been through before they met him, and because of him.
7: Ash is overconfident, and only that in itself makes him win all the time.
8: Ash is too nice, he should aim for his own goals, not help random people all the time.
9: All of Ash's Pokémon are all special Pokémon. Pikachu, Buizel and Totodile just to name a few. Pokémon that actually sucks major *** but is super strong, but only the ones Ash have.
10: He is old.
11: HE JUST SUX!!! lolololol

Ninterror X

The bird brain.
50 is a bit too much, but I'll try to list...

who doesn't?

Opinions.

then what is he supposed to do? stare like Quagsire's drunken mother?

5: Ash is way too strong for his age, and most of his Pokémon aren't even evolved!

he's not that strong, he's had a handful of loses and you Don't have to evolve your pokemon to become powerful.

6: Ash gets to meet all the important persons.

of course, they want people to watch the show, you know fan base and all...

7: Ash is too mean to Team Rocket when he doesn't know who the hell they are what they have been through before they met him, and because of him.

Dude, Team rocket wants to Steal Pikachu and Other pokemon and cause havoc, what more do you want?

8: Ash is overconfident, and only that in itself makes him win all the time.

yay, He is a bit over confident. but he did lose a handful of times

9: Ash is too nice, he should aim for his own goals, not help random people all the time.
He's just being nice. but there mostly fillers I'll admit...

10: All of Ash's Pokémon are all special Pokémon. Pikachu, Buizel and Totodile just to name a few. Pokémon that actually sucks major *** but is super strong, but only the ones Ash have.
*see my 5th reply*

11: He is old.
Kinda agree some-what...

12: HE JUST SUX!!! lolololol

*Face plam*

Last edited:

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
*Cracks knuckles*

Oh. HERE we go...

......That's because he is a nice person. How else would a shonen anime protagonist act?

And your opinion matters, I suppose?

And your point is? They are threatening the Earth, what would you expect him to do?

Pokemon don't have to be in their final forms to be strong. I thought that was a common theme to the anime anyway?

Better than not seeing them at all :/

6: Ash is too mean to Team Rocket when he doesn't know who the hell they are what they have been through before they met him, and because of him.

Of course, the fact that Team Rocket tries to steal his Pokemon went completely over your head, did it?

Welcome to shonen anime.

8: Ash is too nice, he should aim for his own goals, not help random people all the time.

Shonen protagonist characteristic.

9: All of Ash's Pokémon are all special Pokémon. Pikachu, Buizel and Totodile just to name a few. Pokémon that actually sucks major *** but is super strong, but only the ones Ash have.

See argument #5

And this matters how?

Next. :/

I'd bother with the whole list, but the two posters above me have done a good job of dealing with that, so I'll just focus on these. As far as the first three, does the phrase "Evil triumphs when good men do nothing" mean anything to you? Imagine what the world would be like if people like Ash didn't bother doing anything to stop the various teams or people in the various movies; it would be utter chaos with each team vying for more power at the very least and the worst case scenario is that the world would have been utterly destroyed several times over from all the various legendaries running amok.

As for being too nice, what kind of backwards world would someone live in where being nice and selfless is actually a bad thing? What kind of values would you have if you're willing to turn a blind eye to people who are in need of help, just so you can do whatever you want? Besides, who's to say you have to do one or the other? Why not be willing to help others, as long as you can continue to work toward your own goals, as Ash is doing?

Last edited:

randomspot555

Umm, what you just said is the reason that war breaks out in the real world. The first country have only one view on the other country (Ash's view on Team Rocket = Bad guy uncapable of doing good deeds) and refuses to understand who they really are (just like Ash does to Team Rocket). So what you said is just wrong. Team Rocket's tries to steal Pikachu is just a personal vendetta. They were never given any order from Giovanni to capture Pikachu. They just want to do it because they hate Ash because Ash hates them, and so the evil circle goes on, just like in the real world.

This is completely wrong. Team Rocket are the BAD GUYS. Just because you think the bad guys goal is more noble or they're more likeable doesn't excuse the fact that THEY have initiated almost every aggression (I'm not going to say every, but I can't think of a single time Ash and Co. have ever said "Let's go get Team Rocket" without being provoked) and have put Ash and Co's lifes and Pokemon on the line several dozen times. They don't deserve a chance to tell "their" side because their side is the evil/wrong side.

It's also pretty clear you're not enjoying the anime at all. I'd suggest you stop watching.

As to your list:

1. This is a bad thing?
2. That's nice. You're predisposed to hating the protagonist. So it's as if you hated Ash before you even watched the show, simply because he's the main character. It's as if we shouldn't take your opinion seriously, because instead of judging Ash as an individual character, you already hate him just because he's the central focus.
3-4: Actually, they mess with him. Ash is rarely, if ever, the aggressor when it comes to the Pokemon gangs.
5. No he isn't. Also, the anime takes a more realistic stance on Pokemon and power. Evolution, power levels, etc... aren't set in stone, and just because a Pokemon HAS that power doesn't mean it knows how to utilize it.
6. You do realize the show exists to promote the games, right? What do you expect to happen? Important in-game people to just not appear?
7. His confidence has been toned down a lot. When was the last time you watched the anime? The Indigo League?
8. So first, he pretends to be nice. And that's bad. Now when he acts nice and shows genuine concern for others, that's bad too. It's like...you're going to hate him no matter what.
9. See #5.
10. Not really. He's still 10 has far as the anime is concerned, and having a fictional universe progress at a slow rate of time is not anything new in fictional settings (The Simpsons, James Bond, any number of superhero comic book characters).

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer

Your friends are just clueless and dumb for thinking that. And your best friend seems to have a mental problem.

Ash is not trying to be perfect because no one can be perfect

thats your opinion

He tries to stop their plans because they are the BAD GUYS. Duh!

Who cares if he is to strong for his age. An example similiar to that is some people look older then their age (Movie Stars for example). But is that a reason to hate them. I don't think so. So this point isn't a reason to hate him.

So what?

Um. this is a dumb point. Team Rocket attacked him when he first started his journey trying to steal his pokemon. Who cares what happened to them before they met him? They came and attacked him. And if they didn't attack him he wouldn't have made them blast off over a thousand times.

Not really, he works hard and gets excited alot. And everyone gets overconfident once in a while

Some people like helping others. You may think that is wrong but it makes you seem like a selfish person for saying this.

Any pokemon can be strong when you work with them and train them

This is not a reason. He never aged in the show.

*sigh*

Dr. MECha

Prof. of Pokeology
....I don't really hate Ash or Team Rocket, but I hate how the writers, directors, and producer handle the anime as a whole. All I see it is that they treat them as a marketing ploy to help boost the sales of pokemon games. As far as I know, they may not willing to improve Ash's characteristic or strength(which is debatable) , because they want to introduce him on each generation Gamefreaks came up with. That and the fact that since he had that pikachu, who is the mascot of the franchise, they ain't willing to allow him to win at any leagues, since that's his primary goal.

So the main reason I assume that we hate Satoshi/Ash is because we grew tired of him and accept the fact that as long as the franchise exist, he'll always be a main character.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
....I don't really hate Ash or Team Rocket, but I hate how the writers, directors, and producer handle the anime as a whole. All I see it is that they treat them as a marketing ploy to help boost the sales of pokemon games.

Incredibly brilliant revelation right there.

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
....I don't really hate Ash or Team Rocket, but I hate how the writers, directors, and producer handle the anime as a whole.

Exactly, some people need to read this post ^. If ash has a fault you don't like, don't hate him, hate the director.

But there are alot of dumb reasons why some people hate ash and you know the directors won't change it because they can't hear anyone complaining first off and if they did, they probably won't care.

Igottapoo

In my nightmares
....I don't really hate Ash or Team Rocket, but I hate how the writers, directors, and producer handle the anime as a whole. All I see it is that they treat them as a marketing ploy to help boost the sales of pokemon games.
That would be a nice way to think about it, but it should be common sense that most people who watch the anime already do have the games. Nearly 18 millions sales, of Diamond/Pearl combined, isn't a particularly easy number to boost.

Nostalgic Hybrid

Judged By Username
Team Rocket's tries to steal Pikachu is just a personal vendetta. They were never given any order from Giovanni to capture Pikachu. They just want to do it because they hate Ash because Ash hates them, and so the evil circle goes on, just like in the real world.

I'd have to agree with this, even though James isn't as adamant about it as Jesse and Meowth. TR damn well knows that things go very well for them before Ash and co show up, yet they will always cross their path or attempt to steal his Pikachu, without direct instruction to do so.

It's a vendetta and market ploy. TR, even with a temporary truce, will always ignite the sparks again. What's the show without the constant repetition of Team Rocket intervening in every damn episode and movie?

Last edited:

randomspot555

I'd have to agree with this, even though James isn't as adamant about it as Jesse and Meowth. TR damn well knows that things go very well for them before Ash and co show up, yet they will always cross their path or attempt to steal his Pikachu, without direct instruction to do so.

It's a vendetta and market ploy. TR, even with a temporary truce, will always ignite the sparks again. What's the show without the constant repetition of Team Rocket intervening in every damn episode and movie?

Team Rocket doesn't have a vendetta against Ash. For that to be true (hint: It isn't), Ash would have had to start out and antagonize them. The fact is that they antagonized Ash first, and have been the ones to initiate EVERY type of confrontation between them (or, at the very best, have initiated it 99.9% of the time). Ash and friends have never gone out of their way to antagonize, capture, or battle Team Rocket. They only do so in retaliation, often to rescue other people, their Pokemon, or to stop a plan of theirs. Ash and Co have never just gone out to go get Team Rocket for no reason.

Let's be clear: There is absolutely zero evidence to show that Team Rocket are the good guys, that they are misunderstood by Ash. They are clearly and unquestionably the bad guys in their relationship with Ash and Co. Even in their best portrayels in the anime, they are reluctant heroes (and almost always for selfish reasons), and only when the focus either isn't on Ash and friends, or when there are greater forces at work.

Last edited:

Ninterror X

The bird brain.

Wow, that's really gold logic right there. /Sarcasm

Dr. MECha

Prof. of Pokeology
Wow, that's really gold logic right there. /Sarcasm

Oh, and tell me that the writer should care about their main character, when in reality they have him do the same thing for every generation that Gamefreak have come up with every couple of years or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.