• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Satoshi Haters - Explain Yourselves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninterror X

The bird brain.
Oh, and tell me that the writer should care about their main character, when in reality they have him do the same thing for every generation that Gamefreak have come up with every couple of years or so.

as far as I know, the anima came After the games.
and the anima is based on the games, since those games became popular in japan, and what do you do with something popular? You make a show out of it, OF COURSE!

Dr. MECha

Prof. of Pokeology
as far as I know, the anima came After the games.
and the anima is based on the games, since those games became popular in japan, and what do you do with something popular? You make a show out of it, OF COURSE!

I agree with you on that one. In a matter of fact, that what I just said: it's an animated series made to further promote the sells of the Pokemon games. My question is: what is with the sarcastic remark?

Nostalgic Hybrid

Judged By Username
Team Rocket doesn't have a vendetta against Ash. For that to be true (hint: It isn't), Ash would have had to start out and antagonize them. The fact is that they antagonized Ash first, and have been the ones to initiate EVERY type of confrontation between them (or, at the very best, have initiated it 99.9% of the time). Ash and friends have never gone out of their way to antagonize, capture, or battle Team Rocket. They only do so in retaliation, often to rescue other people, their Pokemon, or to stop a plan of theirs. Ash and Co have never just gone out to go get Team Rocket for no reason.

Let's be clear: There is absolutely zero evidence to show that Team Rocket are the good guys, that they are misunderstood by Ash. They are clearly and unquestionably the bad guys in their relationship with Ash and Co. Even in their best portrayels in the anime, they are reluctant heroes (and almost always for selfish reasons), and only when the focus either isn't on Ash and friends, or when there are greater forces at work.

Technically, Team Rocket was just going along with their merry little schemes when Ash foiled their plan in episode 002, and ever since then, they have failed because of their repeated attempts of messing with a half-way competent trainer, unlike the people they have successfully stolen from. Yet, Ash ends up saving the day anyway for them though, so, erm.. sorry, no mean to deviate. Jesse, James, and Meowth aren't the brightest crayon in the box, so I couldn't see them letting go of this grudge of a kid constantly doing what he can to do what's right because it sucks for them.

Team Rocket are clearly the villains here, and I'm sure anyone can accept that. Why twist my words otherwise?

I have no idea why you're being so snarky to anyone who opposes your judgment of Ash or anyone you feel indirectly bashes Ash. When it comes down to most of it, it's merely opinion why someone dislikes him or not. Sure, might not be the greatest reason or even one that makes much sense, but it's no black and white fact/fallacy argument. It can really just come down to his attitude.
I'm not here to impress or change that though, so continue on. Every forum needs one or two.

randomspot555

Technically, Team Rocket was just going along with their merry little schemes when Ash foiled their plan in episode 002, and ever since then, they have failed because of their repeated attempts of messing with a half-way competent trainer, unlike the people they have successfully stolen from. Yet, Ash ends up saving the day anyway for them though, so, erm.. sorry, no mean to deviate. Jesse, James, and Meowth aren't the brightest crayon in the box, so I couldn't see them letting go of this grudge of a kid constantly doing what he can to do what's right because it sucks for them.

Team Rocket are clearly the villains here, and I'm sure anyone can accept that. Why twist my words otherwise?

I have no idea why you're being so snarky to anyone who opposes your judgment of Ash or anyone you feel indirectly bashes Ash. When it comes down to most of it, it's merely opinion why someone dislikes him or not. Sure, might not be the greatest reason or even one that makes much sense, but it's no black and white fact/fallacy argument. It can really just come down to his attitude.
I'm not here to impress or change that though, so continue on. Every forum needs one or two.

What I'm trying to communicate is basically the guy you originally quoted. He makes the claim that Team Rocket is being persecuted, that Ash "started" it all. But Team Rocket wasn't just going on about their innocent business or whatnot, they planned to steal a bunch of Pokemon and Ash just happened to be there with Pikachu to stop them. He didn't go out of his way to stop them, but he was there to resist them when they attacked. It's they who keep attacking him, and in no way are Team Rocket the persecuted ones

Nostalgic Hybrid

Judged By Username
What I'm trying to communicate is basically the guy you originally quoted. He makes the claim that Team Rocket is being persecuted, that Ash "started" it all. But Team Rocket wasn't just going on about their innocent business or whatnot, they planned to steal a bunch of Pokemon and Ash just happened to be there with Pikachu to stop them. He didn't go out of his way to stop them, but he was there to resist them when they attacked. It's they who keep attacking him, and in no way are Team Rocket the persecuted ones

Indeed, it was merely coincidence. I don't deny that.
If he did make such a claim, I don't agree with that. It's rare if they ever are, but it's in just because they are usually up to no good. It's obvious from the episodes that Ash&Co are being prosecuted most of the time.

What I was trying to say is that Team Rocket isn't all that smart. They repetitively try to go after Pikachu, when not given instruction to do so, and never succeed. If they pull off schemes where Ash isn't around, it succeeds most of the time til he shows up and stops them.
But what the writers say, goes. I don't expect them wising up anytime soon on their own.

Marzillius

I'd bother with the whole list, but the two posters above me have done a good job of dealing with that, so I'll just focus on these. As far as the first three, does the phrase "Evil triumphs when good men do nothing" mean anything to you? Imagine what the world would be like if people like Ash didn't bother doing anything to stop the various teams or people in the various movies; it would be utter chaos with each team vying for more power at the very least and the worst case scenario is that the world would have been utterly destroyed several times over from all the various legendaries running amok.

As for being too nice, what kind of backwards world would someone live in where being nice and selfless is actually a bad thing? What kind of values would you have if you're willing to turn a blind eye to people who are in need of help, just so you can do whatever you want? Besides, who's to say you have to do one or the other? Why not be willing to help others, as long as you can continue to work toward your own goals, as Ash is doing?

I just always hate the good guys and like the bad guys! Alright? In Star Wars I hate the Rebels and like the Empire and Separetists for example. That is all there is to it. I am not like that in real-life. That is MY reasons for hating Ash, not yours. Why do you try to change my views?

Exactly, some people need to read this post ^. If ash has a fault you don't like, don't hate him, hate the director.

But there are alot of dumb reasons why some people hate ash and you know the directors won't change it because they can't hear anyone complaining first off and if they did, they probably won't care.

I also hate the writers.

@To the guy who said that I should stop watching: I don't watch it anymore. I stopped in the beginning Hoenn and have seen a few episodes on the internet from Hoenn and Sinnoh, and all of them was dumb: ASH COMES TO SOME PLACE AND MEET SOME GUY. TEAM ROCKET SHOWS UP AND TRIES TO STEAL PIKACHU/RANDOM POKÉMON. TEAM ROCKET BLASTS OFF. ASH CONTINUES TO NEW ADVENTURES.

The same formula have been followed for more than 10 years, and I also think they guy who said that the anime is made to promote the games are right.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just always hate the good guys and like the bad guys! Alright? In Star Wars I hate the Rebels and like the Empire and Separetists for example. That is all there is to it. I am not like that in real-life. That is MY reasons for hating Ash, not yours. Why do you try to change my views?

Who said anything about changing your views? I was just responding to some of the reasons you said you hated Ash. You like the bad guys? Fine, whatever floats your boat. You could have at least included that bit of info before. And for the record, please don't put words in my mouth. You may hate Ash, but that doesn't mean I do.

The same formula have been followed for more than 10 years, and I also think they guy who said that the anime is made to promote the games are right.

You're only realizing this now? Any person in his mind would know that.

I don't hate Satoshi as much as I used to. My main reasons for hating him would be that everyone loves him but he is not a great trainer. He never challenged the elite 4 or the Pokemon League Champion. Satoshi has had his Pikachu for a long time although in the episode where Ash battled Roark Pikachu lost very easily which obviously means that it is not well trained. This is only my opinion so I am sorry if you disagree.

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
I don't hate Satoshi as much as I used to. My main reasons for hating him would be that everyone loves him but he is not a great trainer. He never challenged the elite 4 or the Pokemon League Champion.

Not everyone likes Ash but anyways.............Ash may not be a great trainer but he is working to become one. I know some people says it's taking him forever to become a great trainer but it doesn't happen over night. He has to work hard for a while before he achieves that status.

If everything you and some people said happened, yall may realize that he either achieved that goal too early or that they are mad the show is over because if he was already a great trainer the show would be done pretty much.

I agree with you on the battling the Elite 4 part but he has battled Agatha and Drake before.

Satoshi has had his Pikachu for a long time although in the episode where Ash battled Roark Pikachu lost very easily which obviously means that it is not well trained. This is only my opinion so I am sorry if you disagree.

I agree that Pikachu should get a lil bit better because if it can't take out a Cranidos but can beat a Metagross and a Dragonite, it makes it seem like Pikachu gets lucky ALOT.

But anyways this topic is about Ash not Pikachu so im not going to go in depth about it.

Last edited:

randomspot555

I don't hate Satoshi as much as I used to. My main reasons for hating him would be that everyone loves him but he is not a great trainer. He never challenged the elite 4 or the Pokemon League Champion. Satoshi has had his Pikachu for a long time although in the episode where Ash battled Roark Pikachu lost very easily which obviously means that it is not well trained. This is only my opinion so I am sorry if you disagree.

While the Anime hasn't made it completely clear on how to challenge the Elite 4 or the Champion (if there is one), Wallace alludes to it being winning your native tournament (Ash's would be Indigo), then you challenge the Elite 4. In the games, it's much easier

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Yes, in the game, you just have to slog through Victory Road, and own your rival one more time.

And Ash? Personally I like him, but I wish we could see him alone or just with Brock more often. Dawn and May really didn't add much to his personality, they were just cheerleader/ student. Misty was really only there to point out Ash's flaws.

What I hate is how the show just strengthens or weakens him whenever they want. I mean, his Pikachu has defeated enough pokemon to be well above whatever pokemon he faces, yet it loses again and again. I doubt Paul would have been so cocky if Ash brought his entire BF team with him.

I'd actually love to see a fic about that: Paul getting CRUSHED.

spacialrend_palkia

Deity of Space
I don't hate ash that much. I just liked red better. I've never been a fan of the anime anyway and I hate all the pointless fillers though some are actually good. I dislike how ash gats angry and annoyed easily often. He should also stay out of adult matters.

randomspot555

I don't hate ash that much. I just liked red better. I've never been a fan of the anime anyway and I hate all the pointless fillers though some are actually good. I dislike how ash gats angry and annoyed easily often. He should also stay out of adult matters.

He's not really that prone to anger, but he's just very prideful in what he does. He also is sometimes right.

And staying out of "adult matters" (whatever that is)...then how is one supposed to grow as a person if you restrict them from such?

ScionoftheFlames

all of my friends hate ash because ''He is mean to team rocket when he doesn't know what they've gotten through''
Illogical, Ash has had many one on one encounters with each member and has somwhat of a grasp of the TeamRocket life and their backgrounds.

in fact my best friend's room is FILLED with drawings of him killing ash. (no I won't show them)
Can you say serious psychological problems?!? This disturbs me. Ash is fictional, your friend is not, and filling ones room with depictions of such actions is far from stable mentality.

Team Rocket's tries to steal Pikachu is just a personal vendetta.
Wow, personal vendetta? If they have anything at all it's simply that they never learn.
They were never given any order from Giovanni to capture Pikachu. They just want to do it because they hate Ash because Ash hates them, and so the evil circle goes on, just like in the real world.
Hmm, so Ash new about Team Rocket before they met? Let's see, so it was a bad thing that Ash scrubbed one of Team Rockets missions because bad guys should win sometimes too? When their doing bad things? And didn't they decide that Pikachu was formidable and strong and would be a good Pokemon to give to the boss-just every other illogical reason they have for swiping pokes. They most certainly do not want to do it just because they hate Ash. And I doubt Ash cares enough about them to actually forge and strong emotions such as hate for them. They are a niusance and a thorn is his side.
50 is a bit too much, but I'll try to list...

1: Ash is pretended to be a perfect, nice person.
Huh? Wait if he's pretending to be nice then what is he actually? And he has never proposed to be perfect. Isn't that kind of the reason he's still on his journey? Because he most certainly doesn't already think of himself as a master.
2: 90% of all times in all kinds of fiction I hate the main character.
Mmm. So you harber generic hate for all main characters. This applies specifially to hating ash how? It's generic. And what if I said that you were the main character in your own life story? Would yoube one of the 10% characters you don't hate for no particular reason?
3: Ash messes with Team Aqua and Magma.
4: Ash messes with Team Galactic.
Well, what would you have him do? And what is wrong with messing with evil plans for world domination and/or causing the world to go into complete chaos?
5: Ash is way too strong for his age, and most of his Pokémon aren't even evolved!
Uhh and what age would that be? The only thing age factors in is his maturity level. And you really don't need complete evolution to survive well in the pokemon world. Ash's pokemon evolve when their ready. Plain and simple.
5: Ash gets to meet all the important persons.
I don't get it. . . are you jealous or something?
6: Ash is too mean to Team Rocket when he doesn't know who the hell they are what they have been through before they met him, and because of him.
hahaha! Right. So he's TOO MEAN. How mean do you want him to be? And your wrong, due to the rediculous number of interaction with them he has a fairly good idea of who they are-and anything that has happened because of him fall back on TR's own shoulders for always keeping in such close range of him on his travels. If it's his fault then they should just stay far away from him and no longer be featured in any episodes.
7: Ash is overconfident, and only that in itself makes him win all the time.
Outrageous claim :p Are you insinuating that it is because of his overconfidence that he wins? I have seen many episodes, especially gym battles, where he loses specifically because of that.
8: Ash is too nice, he should aim for his own goals, not help random people all the time.
Dude, what's your problem? first he's TOO MEAN. Now he's TOO NICE. Make up your mind. And what then is he and the gang suppose to do in filler episodes???
9: All of Ash's Pokémon are all special Pokémon. Pikachu, Buizel and Totodile just to name a few. Pokémon that actually sucks major *** but is super strong, but only the ones Ash have.
So let me get this straight. You hate Ash because his pokemon should suck and they don't?
10: He is old.
. . . really? and would you care to tell us just how old? Unless you mean his character has been around for 10 years. Yeah. It has, and that is a feat amazing. Batman has been around for 50 years. Man that's no longer old that's classic. Maybe even antique. Anyway, he's main character, each season does not equate an actual year, what's old is Brock being around for 10-11 seasons. He's not main character he's perpetual when Ash can obviously make new friends on his own. Then again, where would they be without Brock's cooking.
11: HE JUST SUX!!! lolololol
. . .
. . . epic sigh . . .

Nostalgic Hybrid

Judged By Username

Well, obviously not everyone loves him because someone spawned this thread. ;)

Honestly, I don't think that they'd send him up against the Elite Four unless they knew the show was going to end soon, but as long as Pokemon does well, I'm sure they will extend it as far as it can go before Ash accomplishes his goal and ultimately ends his journey.
Unless they retcon something, or come up with another cast of characters like what they did with Marina/Kenta.

As far as Pikachu is concerned, he's either really strong, average, or gets stomped on over the course of a few episodes. I think they are trying to show that he's not the strongest, flawless thing in the world and will eventually come up against a challenge in which he's not strong enough for. (Raichu, again?)

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
ooooogh, i DESPISE ash!!!!!
no1
he doesnt know what 10x10 is
no2
hes an idiot
no3
hes so arrogant and over confident
no4
he gets all the main bits and never gives the other characters a chance
no5
hes freakin ugly
no6
hes always the spotlight
no7
I HATE ASH KETCHUM THE *** KETCHUP!!!!!!

You're clearly not old enough yet to form coherent opinions, let alone coherent sentences. I can't respect anyone who breaks out the standard playground "I hate him because he's ugly and stupid" argument.

Also, I love these people who complain that the main character gets more screen time than anyone else.

Buizelster

I like Ash. Sure he's not the sharpest tool in the shed, but he's got a lot of heart and that's what matters most. He's a good trainer and a good kid. I honestly don't see why people get angry at him for stuff like Thunder Armor and such. Sure in the games it might be impossible but it seems to work out just fine in the anime.

Besides that the games aren't really the same thing as the anime anyways. I honestly think it's funny that there are people who actually say that they could beat Ash with their handheld pokemon teams. Especially since pokemon don't stay in one place in the anime like they do in the games. Plus it seems like the anime has a lot more to do with actual strategy than the games as well.

I sorta have a kind of love/hate relationship with Satoshi in a way. I want to beat the crap out of him many times, but then again, I love him and his stupid ways. :3

Like the way he's so dense and confused all the time, not to mention his cranky stubborness, I just find it cute. Annoying. But cute.

I know I've said I disliked Satoshi in the past. Well, I didn't like him much in AG for some reason. He just annoyed me ..and I was more interested with Haruka anyways. xP

But he's the main character. He's gonna be in the spotlight always. But let people feel what they feel for him. Love or hate. I'm kinda both. :) Well, not exactly HATE. but yeah, you know what I mean. He just gets on my nerves sometimes ..but then again..I want to snuggle him! 8D

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
What's a 10X10?

He meant the math problem 10X10, which is 100.

ooooogh, i DESPISE ash!!!!!
no1
he doesnt know what 10x10 is
no2
hes an idiot
no3
hes so arrogant and over confident
no4
he gets all the main bits and never gives the other characters a chance
no5
hes freakin ugly
no6
hes always the spotlight
no7
I HATE ASH KETCHUM THE *** KETCHUP!!!!!!

wow, your first post is a real dumb one. I agree with what Jessie GS II said. Obviously you haven't read some of the pages in this thread. We all basically stated that those reasons like, he is dumb, ugly, over confident etc. are not really reasons to hate him.

Status
Not open for further replies.