• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Satoshi Haters - Explain Yourselves

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
ooooogh, i DESPISE ash!!!!!
no1
he doesnt know what 10x10 is
no2
hes an idiot
no3
hes so arrogant and over confident
no4
he gets all the main bits and never gives the other characters a chance
no5
hes freakin ugly
no6
hes always the spotlight
no7
I HATE ASH KETCHUM THE *** KETCHUP!!!!!!

Ooooo, a generic idiot. I haven't seen one of these in a while.

Alright, let's go over your points.

1. And looking on how you write, I doubt you know. And by the way, Ash isn't that stupid. He's just more street smart then book smart.

2. Repeating yourself, so I'll repeat myself. He's just more street smart then book smart.

3. And everytime he is, which is surprisingly rare since season 1, he is immediately punished.

4. Because all those contest episodes are just about Ash. Sure. And what do you think Pokemon Chronicles was? Besides, we follow Ash's viewpoint. Not Brock's, Ash's. He's the main character. We don't follow the viewpoint of Protoman in Megaman, we follow the viewpoint of Megaman.

5. If you don't like the art style of the series, too bad for you.

6. Repeating yourself.

7. ....What? ketchup hasn't been referenced in the anime for a long time.

You seem to have personally demonized Ash, so I can't do more then point out basic reasoning errors.

Buizelster

Now, now. Just because we disagree with it doesn't mean we have to call the person names or anything. After all they're just as new as me.

SOS! Its Not Healthy..

He Say Whaaa...
ooooogh, i DESPISE ash!!!!!
no1
he doesnt know what 10x10 is
no2
hes an idiot
no3
hes so arrogant and over confident
no4
he gets all the main bits and never gives the other characters a chance
no5
hes freakin ugly
no6
hes always the spotlight
no7
I HATE ASH KETCHUM THE *** KETCHUP!!!!!!

Tell me something I don't know, there are a million characters who share the same exact traits. Your clearly not 18 if your grammar is this terrible, and lack reasoning. So far, the question have not been answered and explained.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Tell me something I don't know, there are a million characters who share the same exact traits. Your clearly not 18 if your grammar is this terrible, and lack reasoning. So far, the question have not been answered and explained.

Considering I'm not 18 either, yet I have a much better grasp on grammar then that generic idiot who just posted means that you shouldn't account age into this.

Chelc

Hey guys let's not feed the trolls, k? 8)

The post is gone now. Please disregard it.

Back to topic.

Buizelster

In any case. Ash is a pretty cool guy. He uses pikachu and isn't afraid of anything. :)

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
If we follow that train of though, Richie is a cool guy.

And that path leads to madness.

Buizelster

Well unless Richie's pikachu knows Volt Tackle I'd say Richie can't compare to Ash.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Well, we haven't seen him lately. Who knows.

And lately, it seems if you have a branch of the Pikachu evolution, it knows Volt Tackle.

Heck, in the Orange League championships, Ash had Pikachu use Thunderbolt and Quick Attack at the same time in an attack eerily similar to Volt Tackle.

Buizelster

Ah well Ash will always be a billion times cooler than Richie. I doubt that will ever really change. After all Ash is action hero material at many times.

Fire Storm

My main problem with Ash is that he remains incredibly naive, despite the fact that he has been on this rather redundant journey for so ridiculously long. He never seems to learn and is downright agitating because of it (I don't watch because the few times I did he drove me crazy).

A good character needs to develop, something which clearly hasn't happened with Ash since the first few episodes. Instead, he stays in the same place, and is a relatively flat character. His motivation is generally nonexistant with the exception of needing to save the world a ridiculous number of times in movies.

Obviously I can't provide a very detailed argument as I don't watch the show, but hopefully you get my point. I suppose something could have changed since the last time I watched but from the looks of things, he still wasnt going anywhere.

A good character needs to develop, something which clearly hasn't happened with Ash since the first few episodes. Instead, he stays in the same place, and is a relatively flat character. His motivation is generally nonexistant with the exception of needing to save the world a ridiculous number of times in movies.

Ash has developed quite a bit throughout the show. You mentioned that you didn't watch the show, so I understand why you would think he hasn't matured and grew up.

But think of him back in the 1st season ..he was stupid, he has Misty telling him everything he was doing wrong. He was way more stubborn and clueless.

In AG, he mentored May, and helped her learn more, and was more of an older brother to both May and Max.

In D/P, he has also helped Dawn quite a bit.

But Ash has definitely matured throughout. He is still stubborn, over-confident and dense, but you can tell he has changed and developed. I, personally, liked him more in the 1st few seasons, since he was so stupid, that it was hilarious. x)

randomspot555

My main problem with Ash is that he remains incredibly naive, despite the fact that he has been on this rather redundant journey for so ridiculously long. He never seems to learn and is downright agitating because of it (I don't watch because the few times I did he drove me crazy).

Obviously I can't provide a very detailed argument as I don't watch the show, but hopefully you get my point. I suppose something could have changed since the last time I watched but from the looks of things, he still wasnt going anywhere.

Well, the show has changed since you stopped watching (I'm guessing around Johto). And the TLDR version is that Ash has matured and change. But the ultimate change would be him becoming a Pokemon Master (whatever that means). And once that is done, the show is over because the show is about Ash's journey.

But as it is with serial fiction, you can't expect too much change because the fictional setting is set in a relatively ageless environment. The same can be said for James Bond, Spider-Man, the Simpsons, and many others, all who have been around much longer than Pokemon and certainly don't get posts like this almost every day.

While I don't hate Ash I do really hate how he treats team rocket. I know they are always trying to steal his Pikachu but using his Pikachu to hurt team rocket is going way too far. It seems unethical to use a pokemon to attck people. Ash seems to treat team rocket like they aren't even human (or pokemon).

It's called self-defense. The blame lays entirely with Team Rocket. If they don't want to be blasted off, they can leave "the twerps" alone. TR is a gang trying to steal his Pokemon, and in many cases, putting him in harm's way. Their role is more comedic relief now, but their plans were a bit more harmful in the earlier seasons. I remember one time Ash was left hanging from a cliff.

Last edited:

Sapphiredragon929

A r t i f i c e.
Hmm..for me he's a little headstrong, and rushes into sitiuations without thinking.

But these just annoy me a little. I don't snap and yell. YOU F***ING MORON.

He just kinda annoys me, but I don't hate him.

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer

Ash has developed alot since he started off from Pallet Town. Your argument falls apart since you say you don't watch the show. If you watch the show more, you can easily tell that Ash has learned alot since he started his journey. I suggest you watch the show a lil bit more, and you can actually see what I mean.

While I don't hate Ash I do really hate how he treats team rocket. I know they are always trying to steal his Pikachu but using his Pikachu to hurt team rocket is going way too far. It seems unethical to use a pokemon to attck people. Ash seems to treat team rocket like they aren't even human (or pokemon).

Team Rocket are criminals and shouldn't be treated nicely, even though they suck at stealing Pokemon. They always come at them with big machine robots and stuff, and you think that Pikachu shocking them is too much. Team Rocket does deserve to get shocked everytime they try to steal Pokemon which is all the time. But really, what do you want Ash to do to instead of shock them? Give them a warning or something?

Buizelster

I agree. Team Rocket is usually asking for it when they get blasted off by Satoshi-Tachi. Why should Satoshi not attack them when they're stealing his or someone else's pokemon?

Besides Satoshi has treated Team Rocket nicely. Like when he helped Kojiro with Cacnea for instance.

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
Yeah, how come all of a sudden I see people trying to defend the Rocket-dan? They're not just mixed-up trainers who don't know better - they're actively trying to steal Pokémon to give to their boss so he can use them for monetary gain, criminal acts, and possibly world domination. And somehow, there are still some folks out there who think Satoshi is wrong to stop them?

Look at it this way - if you existed in the show's world and you saw some suspicious-looking people making off with a Pokémon trapped in a net, even if it was a wild Pokémon, wouldn't you try to do something about it? Especially if that Pokémon was your own?

Status
Not open for further replies.