• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Satoshi Haters - Explain Yourselves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buizelster

Yeah I agree.

I think sometimes people get upset with Satoshi stopping them for capturing wild pokemon under the excuse that they're taking it away from its friends. Because they think Satoshi is no better.

Basically they think Satoshi is a hypocrite.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
My main problem with Ash is that he remains incredibly naive, despite the fact that he has been on this rather redundant journey for so ridiculously long. He never seems to learn and is downright agitating because of it (I don't watch because the few times I did he drove me crazy).

A good character needs to develop, something which clearly hasn't happened with Ash since the first few episodes. Instead, he stays in the same place, and is a relatively flat character. His motivation is generally nonexistant with the exception of needing to save the world a ridiculous number of times in movies.

I couldn't agree more. The worst part about DP BD is that Dawn is annoyingly dumb, with Brock jumping in and providing the answers, plus Dawn always repeats everything see has seen, heard, or said.

I don't like Ash either because he barely puts any effort into training, and somehow wins battles. On the other hand, Paul trains against strong pokemon, which in turn make his own pokemon powerful, unlike Ash, who trains his pokemon against each other, and Dawn and Brock's pokemon, who aren't experienced in battle at all, and still manages to beat gym after gym, league after league, and rival after rival.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
I've come to the conclusion that the only reason Ash and co. stop TR when they try to steal wild pokemon is this.

Ash and co. DON'T know that TR intends to give the pokemon to the Boss (Heck, they rarely seem to do that with the pokemon they DO catch). In fact, every time TR successfully catches a wild pokemon, they use it against them. So for Ash and co, if they stop TR from catching that Gloom, they don't have to face it later on.

Makes sense.

And the reason I think most people hated Ash was that rather insensitive comment he made after TR lost Weezing and Arbok to personally stop those hunters.

"Not like Team Rocket could ever do anything good"

Of course, Ash had not witnessed what TR had done, and his only experience with them wasn't the best thing to build friendship on, but to the viewers, the remark seemed rather rude.

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
I don't like Ash either because he barely puts any effort into training, and somehow wins battles. On the other hand, Paul trains against strong pokemon, which in turn make his own pokemon powerful, unlike Ash, who trains his pokemon against each other, and Dawn and Brock's pokemon, who aren't experienced in battle at all, and still manages to beat gym after gym, league after league, and rival after rival.

True, but when it comes to battling gyms, it takes more than just power to win a gym battle (like it was said in the show). Yes, Ash doesn't train alot, but he does have different strategies that help him in battle.

BlackGiratina

Sneasel Meister
Interesting topic. Let's see... why do I resent Ash... or Satoshi, if you prefer. My reasons may be pretty bias... but that's how I roll.

First off... he's too much of a goody-goody person. Surely he could back off and let people deal with their own problems sometimes... The one time I liked his personality was in this episode in the Battle Pyramid or something... when that evil king guy possesses him. And that wasn't even his personality.

And I guess the fact that he always wins, in the end, upsets me. I wish he'd lose more... and that Team Rocket would actually be able to get away with a trap.
Also the part where his Pikachu always beats everything. Sure,it's a TV show that's very different from the game, but... yeah. Pikachu beating, oh, say, a Dragonite with... Thunder? I think not. It may have a base damage of 120, but... haha. No.

Lastly, I believe I find him annoying mainly because... I naturally like villains or darker characters (J, Paul, Zero, etc) better than the heroes. Weird, I know...

Well, that's what I think. If people like him, sure, I don't care. As long as they don't talk about how 'awesome' he is, yeah. So that's my Satoshi Hater explanation.

Buizelster

I couldn't agree more. The worst part about DP BD is that Dawn is annoyingly dumb, with Brock jumping in and providing the answers, plus Dawn always repeats everything see has seen, heard, or said.

What do you mean he puts no effort into training? He's shown training his pokemon all the time. It's not like he's just sitting on his butt doing nothing.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Interesting topic. Let's see... why do I resent Ash... or Satoshi, if you prefer. My reasons may be pretty bias... but that's how I roll.

First off... he's too much of a goody-goody person. Surely he could back off and let people deal with their own problems sometimes... The one time I liked his personality was in this episode in the Battle Pyramid or something... when that evil king guy possesses him. And that wasn't even his personality.

Well, this IS a children's show. Of course the main character would be like that.

And I guess the fact that he always wins, in the end, upsets me. I wish he'd lose more... and that Team Rocket would actually be able to get away with a trap.

Recently, Ash has been losing to every random trainer he meets. It's not even funny. And TR is comic relief. They never win.

Also the part where his Pikachu always beats everything. Sure,it's a TV show that's very different from the game, but... yeah. Pikachu beating, oh, say, a Dragonite with... Thunder? I think not. It may have a base damage of 120, but... haha. No.

Again, Pikachu has lost to EVERYTHING recently. It even tied with a ****ing Elekid!

Lastly, I believe I find him annoying mainly because... I naturally like villains or darker characters (J, Paul, Zero, etc) better than the heroes. Weird, I know...

Well, that's how you are. But J is the worst character ever. That personality is even more stereotypical then Ash's. I'd like to see her battle Ash with his BF team. It would be as funny as hell.

J: Oh, you're that weakling from before.
(J is owned in under 20 seconds and arrested)

Well, that's what I think. If people like him, sure, I don't care. As long as they don't talk about how 'awesome' he is, yeah. So that's my Satoshi Hater explanation.

Kind of a bad explanation.

BlackGiratina

Sneasel Meister
Kind of a bad explanation.

Yeah... I know. I'm not too great at explaining stuff. Sorry.
I did, at one point, really like him... that was at the series' start, though, then I started missing the show on TV and when I started watching again, I was thinking, "What...?"

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer

That's how is personality is, he likes to help people out. I don't see how thats a reason to hate him. Guess, it's just your opinion.

Also the part where his Pikachu always beats everything. Sure,it's a TV show that's very different from the game, but... yeah. Pikachu beating, oh, say, a Dragonite with... Thunder? I think not. It may have a base damage of 120, but... haha. No..

Um....no he doesn't. If he won all the time, then that means he would have won every league he has been in. He shouldn't win all the time because that would make the show boring but you would think he would win somethings, and those things were the Orange League battle and the Battle Frontier. So this reason is invalid.

Your opinion.

Zazie

So 1991
It's called self-defense. The blame lays entirely with Team Rocket. If they don't want to be blasted off, they can leave "the twerps" alone. TR is a gang trying to steal his Pokemon, and in many cases, putting him in harm's way. Their role is more comedic relief now, but their plans were a bit more harmful in the earlier seasons. I remember one time Ash was left hanging from a cliff.

Self Defense against what? Team Rocket do not command their pokemon to attack Ash, why does he use his pokemon to attck them? The Trix rabbit is always trying to stal the kids Trix, should the kids beat on him with a stick? No. He even attacks them when they aren't doing anything wrong.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Again, Pikachu has lost to EVERYTHING recently. It even tied with a ****ing Elekid!

Honestly, the ignorance of some people...

Electabuzz line > Pikachu line....Thats how it has always been and thats how it will continue to be until Pikachu defeats Pauls Electabuzz/vire in the league showdown.

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
Self Defense against what? Team Rocket do not command their pokemon to attack Ash, why does he use his pokemon to attck them? The Trix rabbit is always trying to stal the kids Trix, should the kids beat on him with a stick? No. He even attacks them when they aren't doing anything wrong.

Um....have you been watching the show? Everytime Ash gets into it with Team Rocket they send out there pokemon and command them to attack Ash and the gang. You probably think its not self-defense since Ash always beat them. Since Team Rocket attacks Ash first, then it is self defense and also its him saving his Pokemon if Team Rocket tries to steal them.

Also I don't remember an episode in which Ash attacked them when they didnt do anything, unless you are talking about some episodes in which one of his pokemon's attacks hit them while they were hiding. And that would be called an accident or karma against Team Rocket.

Buizelster

So I guess anyone that attacks team rocket is a complete douche then. That's the impression I'm getting.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Honestly, the ignorance of some people...

Electabuzz line > Pikachu line....Thats how it has always been and thats how it will continue to be until Pikachu defeats Pauls Electabuzz/vire in the league showdown.

I am pretty sure that during the Orange Islands season, Pikachu owned an Electabuzz.

Zazie

So 1991
Um....have you been watching the show? Everytime Ash gets into it with Team Rocket they send out there pokemon and command them to attack Ash and the gang. You probably think its not self-defense since Ash always beat them. Since Team Rocket attacks Ash first, then it is self defense and also its him saving his Pokemon if Team Rocket tries to steal them.

Also I don't remember an episode in which Ash attacked them when they didnt do anything, unless you are talking about some episodes in which one of his pokemon's attacks hit them while they were hiding. And that would be called an accident or karma against Team Rocket.

Has any of Team Rockets pokemon ever harmed Ash. I do not remember ever seeing that happen. Though you could be right about it not seeming that way because Ash always wins.

Buizelster

Has any of Team Rockets pokemon ever harmed Ash. I do not remember ever seeing that happen. Though you could be right about it not seeming that way because Ash always wins.

So stopping Team Rocket from doing bad stuff is a bad thing? Where's the logic in that?

Ash can't help the fact he has to do Officer Jenny's job for her.

randomspot555

They're trying to steal Pokemon for evil means and have put Ash and his friends' lives in danger multiple times.*

(Their plots were a bit more deadly in the first few years of the series).

How is this hard to understand? It doesn't matter if their Pokemon have ever physically hurt Ash, the fact is they send them out to attack Ash and steal Pokemon.

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer

Well of course Team Rockets Pokemon never harmed Ash that much because they are poorly trained. But that doesn't change the fact that they always attack him with either their pokemon or their gigantic machines. All he does is defends his Pokemon, his friends, and himself. There is nothing wrong with that.

Buizelster

I'm guessing Satoshi would be a better person then if he let Team Rocket do whatever they want?

knuclear200x

What a huge thread. Not sure if anyone said this yet, but I hate him because:

1) He doesn't catch 'em all.
2) He gives away/releases some of the good ones.
3) His monsters lack training and some aren't completely evolved.
4) He doesn't catch enough monsters, nor bothers to use his old ones. (There's a good reason but still)
5) Due to all of this, he NEVER wins any League Championships. Except one...out of FIVE league championships.
6) Most of his captures are monsters that want to be captured.

Another thing, when WE do it, all we do is fight fight fight and catch catch catch and maybe go to a contest. So that is why i feel this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.