• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Satoshi Haters - Explain Yourselves

Status
Not open for further replies.

randomspot555

1) He doesn't catch 'em all.
2) He gives away/releases some of the good ones.
3) His monsters lack training and some aren't completely evolved.
4) He doesn't catch enough monsters, nor bothers to use his old ones. (There's a good reason but still)
5) Due to all of this, he NEVER wins any League Championships. Except one...out of FIVE league championships.
6) Most of his captures are monsters that want to be captured.

Another thing, when WE do it, all we do is fight fight fight and catch catch catch and maybe go to a contest. So that is why i feel this way.

Fail, but it's basically because you're applying Game standards to the anime.

1. It's been implied that that's impossible to do in the anime. Legends can't really be captured, many Pokemon are protected like endangered species, and that Ash doesn't have enough money to keep buyiing Pokeballs.

2. Well the only three Pokemon ever given away were plot devices simply made to be given away. As to the releases, they pretty much all had their story lines wrapped up and served no real point in staying.

3. This simply isn't true. You've never watched the show, have you? Because if you did, you would know he trains them, a lot. Evolution is not a means to judge how well a Pokemon is raised, either by Game or anime standards.

4. He's got tons of monsters so he doesn't need tons more (and it risks making clones that are basically pallate swaps from older teams). And yeah, he doesn't use his old ones, except in certain Leagues and the Battle Frontier, and filler episodes such as when May's Bulbasaur met Ash's Bulbasaur.

(And I guarantee you if he did use his old mons, well, then we have the whining HE WINS ALL THE TIME I HATE THAT!!!!!!!11!!1!)

5. Well, this doesn't exclude him from winning any of the Leagues. But at Ash's level, he doesn't deserve to win one. He's good, but he still has a long way to go.

6. Why is this bad? It means he has Pokes on his team that want to be there rather than forced to be.

WolvesareFunny

Lucario hugger!

1. It's been implied that that's impossible to do in the anime. Legends can't really be captured, many Pokemon are protected like endangered species, and that Ash doesn't have enough money to keep buyiing Pokeballs.

2. Well the only three Pokemon ever given away were plot devices simply made to be given away. As to the releases, they pretty much all had their story lines wrapped up and served no real point in staying.

3. This simply isn't true. You've never watched the show, have you? Because if you did, you would know he trains them, a lot. Evolution is not a means to judge how well a Pokemon is raised, either by Game or anime standards.

4. He's got tons of monsters so he doesn't need tons more (and it risks making clones that are basically pallate swaps from older teams). And yeah, he doesn't use his old ones, except in certain Leagues and the Battle Frontier, and filler episodes such as when May's Bulbasaur met Ash's Bulbasaur.

(And I guarantee you if he did use his old mons, well, then we have the whining HE WINS ALL THE TIME I HATE THAT!!!!!!!11!!1!)

5. Well, this doesn't exclude him from winning any of the Leagues. But at Ash's level, he doesn't deserve to win one. He's good, but he still has a long way to go.

6. Why is this bad? It means he has Pokes on his team that want to be there rather than forced to be.

Why do people hate ash so much? i hate people that hate ash/satoshi!

randomspot555

Why do people hate ash so much? i hate people that hate ash/satoshi!

I hate people that don't know how to read.

A PM from this user:
WolvesareFunny said:
if you hat satoshi aka ash so much why dont you stop whining and grow up? btw im sorry the way this might sound i didnt mean to be mean!

If you bothered to read the thread, you'd know that I've been in defense of Ash. Of course, stuff like "Read the thread" and "spell correctly" is usually a bit too much to ask for SPPF, so I don't know why I expect it to happen.

knuclear200x

You make good points sir

1) Of course, leendaries are hard to get. But when you compare other trainers...like...Gary for one, he's caught as much as 150+. Endangered species? Not enough money? They hardly ever mention that.

2) Okay, but why give away when he can keep them?

3) I'll admit I've seen the show, but not as much as you have apparently. And it's nice how size doesn't matter/power isn't everything/etc. is a major recurring theme. But it does seem to be just one of many factors.

4) He wins all the time? I'd LIKE that! I mean he'll lose sometimes, but only because the opponent had a trick up its sleeve just to add a twist. Also his lineup sometimes consists of cute/comic relief monsters. He needs tough, straight-faced, angry-looking monsters. like...Metagross or Ursaring maybe.

5) Maybe, maybe not. But how long is a long way? When WILL he deserve such an honor, Aside from the orange league and Battle frontier? And would anything bad/conflicting happen if he DID win?

6) But what about Pidgeotto and Primeape (and others i dont know about)? He just caught those without asking their permission. It isn't bad, but does he always have to wait for them to come to him?

randomspot555

You make good points sir

1) Of course, leendaries are hard to get. But when you compare other trainers...like...Gary for one, he's caught as much as 150+. Endangered species? Not enough money? They hardly ever mention that.

2) Okay, but why give away when he can keep them?

3) I'll admit I've seen the show, but not as much as you have apparently. And it's nice how size doesn't matter/power isn't everything/etc. is a major recurring theme. But it does seem to be just one of many factors.

4) He wins all the time? I'd LIKE that! I mean he'll lose sometimes, but only because the opponent had a trick up its sleeve just to add a twist. Also his lineup sometimes consists of cute/comic relief monsters. He needs tough, straight-faced, angry-looking monsters. like...Metagross or Ursaring maybe.

5) Maybe, maybe not. But how long is a long way? When WILL he deserve such an honor, Aside from the orange league and Battle frontier? And would anything bad/conflicting happen if he DID win?

6) But what about Pidgeotto and Primeape (and others i dont know about)? He just caught those without asking their permission. It isn't bad, but does he always have to wait for them to come to him?

Gary hasn't really caught THAT many. Remember Professor Oak said that he caught multiples of the same species, and it looks like he didn't catch anything during Orange/Johto and only added Electivire at the end of Hoenn. And even though Gary says he rotates his Pokemon around, he pretty clearly has a preference for certain ones.

They have mentioned Pokemon being protected in many cases, usually happens because they unknowingly walk into a Pokemon Reserve, try to battle, Jenny shows up. And yes, other Pokemon besides legends are quite rare in the anime. Fossil Pokes, for example.

You're right. It is one of many factors. But evolution can dampen a Pokemon's ability too: Just look at Surge's Raichu. Because he didn't take the time to train it as a Pikachu, it was never able to be very fast. Ash has seen what happens when a Pokemon evolves too quickly (Charizard), and having a cautious approach on evolution should be seen as a good thing.

In-universe answer: They wanted to be released or given away. Out-of-universe answer: Their story was done.

I don't see any of his Pokes, ever, as comic relief. They've all shown the ability to battle and just because they have a cheery personality doesn't detract from that.

Exceptions exist, not much more to it. Since he has no real desire to "catch them all", it makes sense to only take those that want to come.

pokemonfan301

pokemon thespian
I,too, love ash but I have been guilty of wanting the anime to change. Overall, ash has been a great central character; though, he can be frustrating. Their is a certain quality about him that makes him likable. So, ash haters, really need to put their silly grudges with him aside.

pokemonfan301

pokemon thespian
I,too, love ash but I have been guilty of wanting the anime to change. Overall, ash has been a great central character; though, he can be frustrating. Their is a certain quality about him that makes him likable. So, ash haters, really need to put their silly grudges with him aside.

Zazie

So 1991
So stopping Team Rocket from doing bad stuff is a bad thing? Where's the logic in that?

Ash can't help the fact he has to do Officer Jenny's job for her.

No stopping Team Rocket isn't bad, but having Pikachu electrocute them after they have already lost is. And he isn't doing officers Jenny's job Ash doesn't make the slightest effort in trying to capture team rocket at all.

knuclear200x

Gary hasn't really caught THAT many. Remember Professor Oak said that he caught multiples of the same species, and it looks like he didn't catch anything during Orange/Johto and only added Electivire at the end of Hoenn. And even though Gary says he rotates his Pokemon around, he pretty clearly has a preference for certain ones.

They have mentioned Pokemon being protected in many cases, usually happens because they unknowingly walk into a Pokemon Reserve, try to battle, Jenny shows up. And yes, other Pokemon besides legends are quite rare in the anime. Fossil Pokes, for example.

You're right. It is one of many factors. But evolution can dampen a Pokemon's ability too: Just look at Surge's Raichu. Because he didn't take the time to train it as a Pikachu, it was never able to be very fast. Ash has seen what happens when a Pokemon evolves too quickly (Charizard), and having a cautious approach on evolution should be seen as a good thing.

In-universe answer: They wanted to be released or given away. Out-of-universe answer: Their story was done.

I don't see any of his Pokes, ever, as comic relief. They've all shown the ability to battle and just because they have a cheery personality doesn't detract from that.

Exceptions exist, not much more to it. Since he has no real desire to "catch them all", it makes sense to only take those that want to come.

all right then.

Buizelster

No stopping Team Rocket isn't bad, but having Pikachu electrocute them after they have already lost is. And he isn't doing officers Jenny's job Ash doesn't make the slightest effort in trying to capture team rocket at all.

Yeah but he stops Team Rocket's schemes. That's more than I could say for Officer Jenny and her top pokemon police force.

and as I said most of the time Team Rocket has it coming anyways so where's the problem?

randomspot555

I don't think Team Rocket has ever said "Ok, we give up, we'll stop carrying out evil plots now and turn ourselves in."

gigak

I don't hate him rather his decision as a trainer. He could have atleast half of all legendary with no major problem to the sourounding area since most legendaries are linked to some major thing. He could have caugh Regigas but he didn.t then again I wouldn't either.

Buizelster

Um multiple pokemon movies, specials, etc. showed that capturing legendaries pretty much throw off the balance of the planet which could possibly mean the end of everything... So why would Ash try to catch legendary pokemon?

They're off limits in the anime for a reason.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School

Ehh?

Pikachu's electrocution doesn't do anything.

Hell, ASH has been electrocuted by Pikachu as many times as TR has, and the show shows he's built a resistance to it. TR gets electrocuted all the time. They've been shown to bring precautions such as rubber, but by now the electrocution is ineffective to them. It's just the blasting off part.

And by the way, why are you defending TR? I don't know if you've noticed, but the main thing they do is attack Ash and co. with giant mechas and smokescreens. That counts as a justifiable reason to be sent blasting off in my opinion.

As for the legendaries, the last time legendaries got captured, bad things happened. Basically, legendaries are to remain uncaptured. And the show dropped the 'Gotta catch em all' line a LONG time ago.

And Ash is never allowed to win. he must lose, unless the league is utterly pointless like the Orange League or BF, so he can continue traveling.

christiandeath77

You gotta crush em'.
Ash is a badass.His pokemon shouldnt lose to novice trainer's, but blame the writers on that because they have to sell the new pokemon.If they had Ash become extremley powerful, they wouldnt be able to attract as much kids because it would be sorta like an intimidation thing.Ash shows everybody the mistakes and learning curves of a pokemon trainer.If he were always good, I dont think kids would be into it because they would feel like they have to be that good too.

ShiroRingo

Ritual Fire Dance!!
In all honesty. While I'm not a big fan of Ash. (Mainly cause of how oblivious he can be) I honestly find Team Rocket more pitiful. Honestly...they are ADULTS who SHOULD have more experience with pokemon but they lost to a guy who just started. (The only smart thing they did was the whole sluge attack on Pikachu's eyes. And that was one episode). But since we here to talk about Ash, I will ignore Team Rocket.

Ash is I have to admit matured over time, and he even gives free pokemon lessons to random girls (sexist! (Joking)) But the thing that bothers me is how pushy he can be. You mean when Jun said that he trains like Shinji (Forgive me if I switch japanese and english names) Ash gets all over Jun's case. Hey atleast Jun doesn't selfishly releases them >_< While I do admit Ash loses battles. The thing is...he usually beats up the guy he loses to episodes later and Ash learns the same thing after every loss (Though I think they are some exceptions) Over all Ash isn't really that great to me

joker0187

my rolfcopter goes..
i hate satoshi for various reasons:
1) doest catch them all
2) he didnt went "all the way in" with misty
3) he should leave pika and get a new comrade to be with him, like charizard
4) he leaves his killer pokemon behind, making him way weaker
5) he gives everything away
6) he doesnt have a lucario or entei
7) he never battled a real rocket member(jesse and james dont count)
8) to weak to even win a real championship(orange island is crap)
9) cant even battle the elite 4
10) to weak to battle giovanni, let alone face him
11) can never win gary with pikachu alone(lost to eevee and electeriver)
12) does not have mewtwo
13) can capture legendaries when he has the chance
14) does not have a master ball
15) didnt evolve cyndaquil or the rest of the starters

if i were in the show, i would be a rocket contracted hitmen and just blow his head off, that would be fun. i would not charge a dime and give all the good pokes to giovanni, i would put pikachu on a sweatshop powering the whole builiding, if he didnt do a good job, whip him till he does, lol

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
i hate satoshi for various reasons:
1) doest catch them all
The show dropped that line a long time ago.
2) he didnt went "all the way in" with misty
....You're just being an idiot here.
3) he should leave pika and get a new comrade to be with him, like charizard
Yes, because he'll just drop the one pokemon that he has completely emotionally bonded with, the one pokemon he trusts beyond every other pokemon, the one pokemon he has shared everything with for some new pokemon. Again you are being an idiot.
4) he leaves his killer pokemon behind, making him way weaker
Do you know what the word 'challenge' means? And do you know what the phrase 'showcase new pokemon' means?
5) he gives everything away
I don't see him giving his clothes away to some random person.
6) he doesnt have a lucario or entei
...........Idiot.
7) he never battled a real rocket member(jesse and james dont count)
Never saw the S.S. Anne episode huh? Or the Baby Lugia episodes. Or the Red Gyarados episodes. Oh, and what about Butch and Cassidy? And I'm why don't Jessie and James count?
8) to weak to even win a real championship(orange island is crap)
If he won, the show would end. That is why he can never win, though he gets closer everytime. And you forgot Battle Frontier.
9) cant even battle the elite 4
This isn't the game you idiot. The Elite 4 were classified as 'Elite' for a reason. And Ash has battled Drake and Agatha, and seen Bruno, Lorelei, Lance, Aaron, Lucian, ect.
10) to weak to battle giovanni, let alone face him
You'll notice that Giovanni has always conveniently disappeared before Ash can fight him, so Ash isn't too weak. And it's very likely that Ash will own Giovanni, seeing as how Giovanni is a bad guy.
11) can never win gary with pikachu alone(lost to eevee and electeriver)
Why would winning with Pikachu alone mean anything? This isn't the game. Gary is a trainer who is skilled at battling Ash. By the way, learn to spell.
12) does not have mewtwo
God you're such an idiot.
13) can capture legendaries when he has the chance
If Legendaries are captured, nature screws up. That has already been confirmed. WHY would Ash want to screw up nature?
14) does not have a master ball
Idiot.
15) didnt evolve cyndaquil or the rest of the starters
THIS ISN'T THE GAME YOU RETARD! Pokemon CHOOSE whether or not they want to evolve. And Ash's pokemon are as stubborn as he is. And by the way, Charmander, Chikorita, Treecko and Turtwig all evolved.
if i were in the show, i would be a rocket contracted hitmen and just blow his head off, that would be fun. i would not charge a dime and give all the good pokes to giovanni, i would put pikachu on a sweatshop powering the whole builiding, if he didnt do a good job, whip him till he does, lol
Good thing you're not in the show then. By the way, since you seem to think killing people and abusing animals is 'good fun', you might want to check with a psychologist.

You sir, have to be the biggest idiot I have EVER seen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.