• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Satoshi Haters - Explain Yourselves

Status
Not open for further replies.

treespyro

Vintage much?
It is a TV show. People hate characters as people have different tastes. BTW I dislike Ash because the character personality of him is quite boring and dull. It doesn't have anything interesting or tangents.

i hate satoshi for various reasons:
1) doest catch them all
2) he didnt went "all the way in" with misty
3) he should leave pika and get a new comrade to be with him, like charizard
4) he leaves his killer pokemon behind, making him way weaker
5) he gives everything away
6) he doesnt have a lucario or entei
7) he never battled a real rocket member(jesse and james dont count)
8) to weak to even win a real championship(orange island is crap)
9) cant even battle the elite 4
10) to weak to battle giovanni, let alone face him
11) can never win gary with pikachu alone(lost to eevee and electeriver)
12) does not have mewtwo
13) can capture legendaries when he has the chance
14) does not have a master ball
15) didnt evolve cyndaquil or the rest of the starters

You sir are an idiot. Congrats

ThePokéman09

You sir, have to be the biggest idiot I have EVER seen.

Hear, hear! I completely agree. Those are among the lamest reasons I have ever seen. Doesn't have a master ball. What?

But, yes, Ash's character is getting a bit stale. Also, if we look at Ash from an in-universe standpoint, Ash would indeed be a weak trainer in every way, from keeping Pikachu, getting new Pokémon in his team all the time, etc.

Last edited:

Commander L. Halsti

Toxin Squad Cmdr.
Ash just doesn't look as if he really knows what's he doing. He's a happy-go-lucky trainer that is saved by Brock, who not only gifted him his first badge, but decided to mentor him because he found the brat cute or something... He is so dumb that he cannot see through TR's disguises, but, somehow, miraculously wins against a robot that's got a ton of equipment... Yeah, right. Bloody hell, give me Conway, Max, Richie or Brock instead of him as the main character! At least they know how to battle. Ash is so stubborn, he won't make his life easier by bringing his better trained Pokemon from previous regions, against really tough Gym Leaders. Another thing:he hasn't got used to fighting with slower Pokemon well. Snorlax wasn't used enough, if Ash gets a Torterra, there will be massive problems.
I'm tired of him being guided by destiny and luck all the time. Immediately in the first episode, he sees a Legendary bird... If Paul wasn't such a ba***rd towards his Pokemon, I'd root for him. The only positive on Ash's count is that he can gain the trust of Pokemon quickly, ideal maybe for a worker in an abandoned Pokemon asylum. Praised him for taking Chimchar with him, but he's not a good solution for the main character. Remodel his personality, put in another main character, I don't care, but it cannot remain as it is, currently.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Ash just doesn't look as if he really knows what's he doing. He's a happy-go-lucky trainer that is saved by Brock, who not only gifted him his first badge, but decided to mentor him because he found the brat cute or something... He is so dumb that he cannot see through TR's disguises, but, somehow, miraculously wins against a robot that's got a ton of equipment... Yeah, right. Bloody hell, give me Conway, Max, Richie or Brock instead of him as the main character! At least they know how to battle. Ash is so stubborn, he won't make his life easier by bringing his better trained Pokemon from previous regions, against really tough Gym Leaders. Another thing:he hasn't got used to fighting with slower Pokemon well. Snorlax wasn't used enough, if Ash gets a Torterra, there will be massive problems.
I'm tired of him being guided by destiny and luck all the time. Immediately in the first episode, he sees a Legendary bird... If Paul wasn't such a ba***rd towards his Pokemon, I'd root for him. The only positive on Ash's count is that he can gain the trust of Pokemon quickly, ideal maybe for a worker in an abandoned Pokemon asylum. Praised him for taking Chimchar with him, but he's not a good solution for the main character. Remodel his personality, put in another main character, I don't care, but it cannot remain as it is, currently.

Where to begin...

Alright, I don't know if you knew this, but Ash beat Brock in his gym leader battle. Yeah, notice how Pikachu electrocuted a water soaked Onix? That would be a win. Not only did he win the battle, but he gained Brock's respect when he won with a pokemon Brock said he could never win with.

And what is a badge but a symbol of a gym leader's respect? Show me one 'pity' badge where Ash had not significantly impressed the gym leader.

The TR disguises are purposely made so that children can see through them incredibly easily for a good laugh. In reality, those disguises are much better then they look, considering they fool everyone.

Having Conway, Brock, Max, or Richie as main character would just be stupid. Pokemon is a kids show. I'm not sure if you knew this, but that's a key factor. Who will kids like the most? The heroic youth who is nice to everyone he meets? Or the nerd who focuses on calculating everything/Skirt chaser who's only purpose is to act as a guide/Little kid who can't do anything without his sister/Clone of Heroic youth?

Ash may be stubborn, but that's one of his endearing qualities. After all, he is trying to become a Pokemon Master. If he gave up when the going gets tough, how would he ever realize his dream? And I swear to God, if you say he needs to think his battles through, here's a news flash. He already does.

Ash has matured from the boy he was in first season.

And by the way, I don't know if you knew this but Ash doesn't have any slow pokemon. He trains his pokemon on a sweeper mindset apparently, seeing as how his strategy involves using the field and the attacks his pokemon knows, along with his pokemon's speed to win.

Snorlax? Yeah, don't know if you noticed, but that thing is a speed demon compared to the rest of its race. Look at its premier episode. It tore through those islands. And in battle it rarely has to move, seeing as how its main role is to completely decimate the opponent either from a distance with Hyper Beam, or from up close with the variety of close range moves it has.

As for the whole 'destiny' and 'luck' ****, I honestly have no idea what you are talking about. His 'destiny' as you put it seems to be being in the wrong place at the wrong time constantly. As for 'luck', while I admit he had quite a few lucky breaks near the beginning of the series, he no longer has them. In fact, he seems to be having quite the opposite lately.

As for the legendaries, they are attracted to people like Ash. People who understand their pokemon, people who are kind to everyone they see. If you saw someone like that, would you be rude to them? No, you wouldn't, unless you're a complete ****.

And if Paul wasn't the jerk he was, he wouldn't be Paul. He would be Ash. So you're basically saying you're rooting for Ash.

What is wrong with Ash's current personality? He is a perfect role model for children. He may have started out as an overconfident youth, like Gary, but like Gary he has grown into someone different, and better.

I'm sorry, but if the complete basis of your dislike for Ash is that you want to see another character as main character, you should just stop posting. Ash has been the main character for many years now, he isn't going to leave anytime soon.

If you simply dislike his personality, I can see that as justifiable grounds for dislike. But if your main reason for not liking him is that you want to see someone else then.....

I believe I have made my point.

Moneyy

INACTIVE
Probably one of the reasons for so many people too hate Ash is because he can act babyish sometimes, if you know what I mean. I think this is because Pokemon the Anime is marketed toward a younger audience, so people who are older hate Ash. But this may be because they have never seen the Ash from the first generation, back then he was pretty cool.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
But this may be because they have never seen the Ash from the first generation, back then he was pretty cool.
The hell? Ash didn't know how to do crap back then.
If anything, the people that complain about Ash being whiny and such can't get out of the first generation. That was back when he actually was completely incompetent and helpless. They've showed his character mature greatly since then, eventually becoming more of a mentor to Haruka and Hikari just like Brock was to him back in Kanto.

Honestly, my life was better with this thread under inspection by the coroner. Sorry, Jesse.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Back in the first season- heck, until Hoenn, Ash was as incompetent as people describe.

During Johto he did start to mature along with Gary.

Having May and Max as apprentices of sorts did wonders to his personality, as did Gary's time as a professor.

And yes, why did this thread revive itself?

Status
Not open for further replies.