• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Satoshi's Water Powerhouse

thunderblade12

Psyduck's Confusion is about as out-of-whack as Swellow's godly endurance or Chimchar's Super Saiyan-Kyubii-Bankai-Second Gear Blaze.

They never pay attention to game rules so I doubt Ash's hypothetical Feraligatr would have a strictly physical moveset.

Hydro Cannon
Slash/Superpower
Ice Fang
Aqua Tail

Is about what I'd expect.

LexSuicune

Feraligatr Master
Mandi's team could've been very weak though :laugh:

I absolutely WISH they'd done something as bold as interesting in the Sinnoh league, just give one of Ash's underused Pokemon a sweep, maybe Bayleef or Muk.

But yeah, Kingler isn't weak at all, I just think Squirtle's stronger atm.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Actually so far we have seen totodile use Water Gun only in DP182.

Krabby beat an Exeggutor, an evolved Pokemon with a type advantage. And it was his first battle too. He then evolved and swept the rest of Mandi's team. Basically, if he could do that in his first battle, that's pretty damn scary.

When did he lose to Psyduck? I don't remember at the moment.

Im pretty sure that was a fluke it was in preparation for Krabby evolving.Yeah i admit that was cool but i lost all respect for Kingler after it lost to Psyduck.

It was was Ash vs Misty during the whirlpool cup,Kingler got owned by a Angry Psyduck

BlueMage

Oh. Well, Psyduck is a Deux Ex Machina of a Pokemon anyway so I really wouldn't hold that against Kingler.

Really, Psyduck's Confusion is godly powerful in the anime. It should by no means make you lose respect for anyone who loses to it.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
What I'm saying is that As's pokemon came w/ new moves but we never saw any new moves from some pokemon.

Moves from DP182-DP189 Preview

Totodile: Water Gun
Corphish: Bubblebeam
Snorlax: Body Slam
Bayleef: Razor Leaf, Vine Whip
Quilava: Flamewheel, Flamethrower, Eruption, Aerial Ace
Muk: No moves seen.
Noctowl: Extrasensory, Sky Attack, Air Slash
Glalie: Ice Beam
Torkoal: Flamethrower
Donphan: Rollout
Heracross: Horn Attack, Meghorn, Sleep Tlk, Focus Punch
Sceptile: Leaf Blade

J-W

My head was spinning when i read the first post. Its really early in the morning and the Japanese names were making me vom.

I think it might be Corphish. Originally portrayed as a powerhouse, i think it can do well.

Navin

MALDREAD
All of Ash's water Pokemon seem to be about the same level (well maybe not Totodile atm). Seeing how they focused on a Grass type (Sceptile) in Hoenn and a Fire type (Infernape) in Sinnoh, I think they should finally give Ash a true water powerhouse in Isshu.

I think, as of now, his best water Pokemon is Corphish. It can take a lot of hits, and still be able to KO opponents.

wolvie616

SoulSilver
Squrtle, IMO

it's his oldest water type, the one that's constantly training due to his position in the squirtle squad, and has always done well against electric types.

some keynote battles

squirtle vs starmie
squirtle vs electabuzz
squirtle vs wartortle squad
squirtle vs ninjask

thunderblade12

Look at the power of Misty's Psyduck's Confusion. Now look at the power of the Psyduck's Confusion from the roadblock episode in DP. Can someone really say that Misty's wasn't special?

One recurring thing with this show though, when a pokemon has a "special" power they usually have difficulty controlling it.

LexSuicune

Feraligatr Master
Yeah, Misty's Psyduck had an overdrive mode XD. Once he reached HEAVY LV99 Migraine his Confusion attack had the power to crush lives.

I won't hold that against Kingler, I still think it's Ash's second most powerful water Pokemon, but Squirtle is just stronger.

Question, did Squirtle decided not to evolve like Bulbasaur or he just never did? I don't remember and he should be a Blastoise by now

Kazuki Mirai

Buizil will have the strongest potential to be a water powerhouse. It's got a tail, Arms, and Legs. Beside water move, it can learn so much more moves, given the opportunity.

If it did evolve, and have a combination of the following move while constantly training. It will be a powerhouse in no time.

Move list:
Hydropump
Hydrocannon
Water pulse
Surf
Aqua Jet
Ice Punch
Thunder Punch
Focus Punch
Mega Kick
Iron Tail
Strenght
Protect
Ice Beam

Lol, looks like someone hasn't played their games to not know that Buizel can't learn some of the moves in the list here.

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
I think a Crawdaunt would have been pretty damn powerful...

I think it is Squirtle who's the strongest though...

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
Why are we counting evolutions that haven't even occured yet. On basis of the water poke'mon Ash possesses at the moment(and the one in training), Squirtle is gonna be my pick, followed by Kingler, then Corphish, Buizel, and finally Totodile.

Bedouin Pirate

Gypsy Punk
Squirtle is probably the most powerful, with Corphish and Buizel a joint second.

Totodile and Kingler both have a lot of potential though. Kingler has shown to have a lot of raw power, but we've not seen it showcased enough to determine just how strong it is, and Totodile could be a powerhouse if it evolved.

Overall though, Ash doesn't have a water powerhouse. As strong as they are, none match the likes of Charizard, Sceptile, Snorlax and Infernape in terms of power.

wise24

MEWTWO KILLS!!!
Ain't this an english forum...why in the hell are they using the japanese names...

mAdkip

All of Ash's water Pokemon seem to be about the same level (well maybe not Totodile atm). Seeing how they focused on a Grass type (Sceptile) in Hoenn and a Fire type (Infernape) in Sinnoh, I think they should finally give Ash a true water powerhouse in Isshu.

I agree with you, although I wouldn't really like the idea of Ash training this weird water starter... Anyways, it's true that Ash hasn't given many chances to water pokemon. He got all the grass starters, fully evolved two of them (Turtwig and Treecko), evolved once CHikorita, and kept Bulbasaur for two regions. Two of his fire starters fully evolved (Chimchar and Charmander), and Cyndaquil once. But of his water starters, which were only two, none of them evolved and Totodile seemed very weak, although it isn't in reality. And none of his other Pokemon evolved (except Krabby). Corphish HAD to evolve, since he took it to two regions! And maybe Buizel, if we consider that traded pokemon grow faster...

Hope that he gets a wicked water type this time!