• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Satoshi's Water Powerhouse

masukippa

Why are we counting evolutions that haven't even occured yet. On basis of the water poke'mon Ash possesses at the moment(and the one in training), Squirtle is gonna be my pick, followed by Kingler, then Corphish, Buizel, and finally Totodile.

This, however Corphish is very close to Kingler.

Cuddy

Cyndaquil Master
And maybe Buizel, if we consider that traded pokemon grow faster...

They do not do that in the anime as they do that in the games. It is a differnece.

on topic: what is Ash's powerhouse water type if he do not have one powerhouse water type Pokemon? The only fully evolve ones he had is Kingler and was Lapras. There is no powerhouse there.

MrMat

Pokemon Veteran
I think Squirtle, corphish and buizel are all joint first. theyve defeated some strong opponents and we can't forget buziel's iced aqua jet can we?
Corphish was a massively used powerhouse for ash in hoenn and squirtle did defeat some pokemon who would and should of kick its *** aha

RWB

Dragon busted by Her
We see too little of Kingler, though what we've seen is impressive.

Vs Mandy.

It took down Exeggutor with one stomp after using Leer as Krabby.
Then it took out Seadra with Bubble->Crabhammer.
Finally, it oneshotted Golbat with Hyper Beam.

In the next fight it beat down a Cloyster before going down to a surprisingly strong Arcanine.

Vs Misty it took down Poliwhirl rather easily, and would have beaten Psyduck as well had Ash been smart enough to tell it not to attack Psyduck's head.

It got kept out of the Johto league by a plot device(lol voltorbs!)

Kingler is one of the few Pokemon Ash has that has never been a fall guy. Everytime it has been used, it has KO'd something.

Corphish has the most impressively looking resume in what Pokemon it has beat, though it has played fall guy quite often. Squirtle on the other hand almost always gets showed up by Bulbasaur or Charizard.

Ash really should get a crab in Isshu. They seem to be a winning formula with him.

It's going to be Mijumaru obviously ;)

But I'd have to say Corphish. It's got a heck of a battle record that I think might be better than Squirtle's.

I feel like people underrate Corphish because Squirtle obviously was here longer but throughout AG, I felt that Corphish showed a lot more than Squirtle did in one region.

But Squirtle's my second choice for Ash's water powrhouse, then Kingler/Buizel, then Totodile.

So in list form:

Mijumaru - yeah I'm jumping the gun but I don't care lol
Corphish
Squirtle
Kingler/Buizel
Totodile

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I am so not looking forward to Mijumaru. However I can't believe people didn't think that Buizel was the best water powerhouse.

LexSuicune

Feraligatr Master
LOL, How can people chose Mijumaru for the most potential when we don't even know his moves, his personality, or his attacks, victories, loses, etc.

Blazicken

Sex on fire
hard to tell. since his only fully evolved waterpokemon is kingler
squirtle certainly is strong, but also a tough cookie.
i'd go for him...
I think the 1st waterpokemon that will evolve could be concidered his powerhouse.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
LOL, How can people chose Mijumaru for the most potential when we don't even know his moves, his personality, or his attacks, victories, loses, etc.

Dude seems to love to fight like Buizel and is a starter, its kinda of just speculation but the writers tend to focus on those "i like to figth" pokemons, Buizel, Infernape, Charizard, Sceptile.

I see potential in him.

If i have to choose the current powerhouse i would have to say Buizel tied with Corpish, Totodile can appear and defeat 1 or 2 huge guys and become one just like Squirtle who was kinda useless in his Kanto run same with Kingler i dont credit Kingler much because i have not yet seen him perform in this new kind of writing and animation.

Still once again all of them have potential to be Sceptile, Infernape, Charizard, Snorlax, Pikachu level, specially the starters the writers just have to make them beat something to put them at that level in everyone minds.

I agree with you also, Totodile line has a lot of moves and can be very versatile and it would be easy to make him a monster if the writers wanted, still they wont make a little thing if it isnt Pikachu be a monster so he would have to evolve first and its not likely now until next league maybe.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Buizel has a good track record. Squirtle has access to better moves.

Both of them I think are Ash's two best Water types. Corphish is strong, no doubt. But it just doesn't look like it compares to the other two. It just seems more like a comic relief Pokemon like Totodile.

So when the chips are down, more than likely Ash will call on Squirtle since its most reliable one, and Buizel if he feels its Ice type attack can help.

MrMat

Pokemon Veteran
haven't seen Mijumaru in action yet, anyone got a link with a preview?

Aquadon

TCG Trainer

Well it's pretty much been a "look how adorable it is" personality, although we haven't seen it in major action. We've also seen it get ready to battle, use Water Gun, and go up against Dento(?). If it takes on Dento and wins, we got ourselves the new Water Powerhouse.

Well there's a pic of it Shell Blading Dento's Yanappu during the gym match and it also used its shell to block a Solarbeam. If it's Ash's, that's enough to make me think it has the potential to become the powerhouse in Ash's group.

I mean in AG, he got Sceptile, the grass type. In DP, he got Infernape, the fire type. All Ash needs next in BW is Mijumaru and evolve it all the way and he'll get his water powerhouse.

xex

Banned
Champion Jared 14,We hope so crap my *** and You are so damn stupid,Totodile never had any bad treatment and Totodile have proven to be real strong aswell and well handled,Totodile,Squirtle,Buizel,Kingler are more stronger then Corphish never truly was.

Pepsi_Plunge,Totodile don't need to evolve at all because he isn't a pushover and Totodile have some great moves,Totodile have shown to be really strong aswell.

TicoPokemonMaster

Kingler had some unused potenital to bad the writers don't take advantage and tap into the potential