• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Satoshi's Water Powerhouse

Corzola

Gible´s biggest fan!
Let´s see, Ash best water- type or the one with best potential...

I would go with Buizel (as long as Squartle is only called upon a few times now and then). He might not be the best at present but he is clearly above Kinglar (strong but not an Ash- type Pokémon, more heavy and therefore not suited to Ash), Corpish are strong but does not have Buizel´s strongpoints that we saw in the battle against Paul.

Ash is not inclined to use water- types (he could actually be a pretty decent fire- type trainer, with many strong fire- types but that is another question)but the fast Buizel are the Pokémon that best suits him and therefore I would chose him over the others. We have seen how Buizel got a well- deserved win in the Sinnoh Leauge against Paul and that he could at least fight Draipon, avoiding a number of attacks. He did not go down at the moment, which I fear that Kinglar and Corpish would have done.

Coke

I'd say Buizel is Ash's water type powerhouse, everyone just hates him, just because he lost a few battles. His debut shows this. Buizel earned Ash two of his badges, beat Fantina's Gengar, beat the fighting guy's Mr Mime and owned Paul's Gastrodon. All of which are pretty. Yes, I know Buizel hasn't been doing as well recently, but he was shown to be a major powerhouse. He actually put up quite a good fight against Ursaring and Drapion.

IMO he did better against Drapion than Staraptor and Torterra(reason being that Torterra came in to the battle fresh, and Drapion had already taken damage, but when Buizel came in, he had already defated a pokemon and Drapion was fresh).

I think Buizel used to be Ash's Sinnoh powerhouse, but Infernape then took the spotlight and the others evolved.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Corphish>Squirtle>Buizel>Kingler>Totodile

Buizel died off after the 5th gym.

xex

Banned
Hol123,you got that wrong stupid,Squirtle>Totodile>Kingler>Buizel>Corphish

Buizel was Ash's best water type Pokemon in Sinnoh.

DSDark

Breeder
comparative to his other pokemon ash has no powerhouse that is a water type

comparative to his other pokemon ash has no powerhouse that is a water type

It's gonna be Mijumaru, it just has to lol. With Ash getting Sceptile and Infernape as the new grass and fire powerhouses respectively, Ash's new water powerhouse should be Mijumaru's evo.

Champion Jared 14

I see a lot of silly people calling Buizel a powerhouse...He's weak. Not as strong as Squirtle or Corphish...Now THEY had some epic wins...If anything, Buizel's on par with Kingler, and Totodile is the weakest.

xex

Banned
Champion Jared 14,you got that wrong you dumb ***,Totodile is not the weakest or never was for that matter stupid and he have shown to be strong just like Squirtle,Squirtle is much stronger then Corphish and Buizel is not weak he is a powerhouse,Kingler is anything more powerful then Corphish put together,stop being stupid.

BlueVapor

I'd say Squirtle and Corphish are tied for strongest, with Buizel right behind. Then Kingler is, meh. And Totodile is the weakest, accept it.

Navin

MALDREAD
Squirtle, Corphish, and Buizel are all on par with one another. There isn't a clear difference unlike some of the other types [(like Sceptile is clearly better than Bayleef and Torterra, though just a bit better than Bulbasaur) and (Charizard/Infernape are clearly better than Torkoal and Quilava)]. I would have to say Totodile is weaker than those three...they have just shown themselves to be powerful. Kingler hasn't battled in forever so it's really difficult to judge how strong it actually is now. We know much more about Squirtle, Buizel, and Corphish.

I think they should focus on a Water type in Isshu. I thought Buizel was going to be the featured Pokemon in Sinnoh actually, but then it became clear Chimchar was the choice this region.

raticatelover

7th Shichibukai
I don't get this tradition the writers seem to have in not evolving Ash's water pokemon. Is it a marketing thing?

I mean even Ash's Cyndaquil evolved during Sinnoh and had a battle, so why couldn't Totodile? *Rant*

As of now though, all of Ash's water pokemon seem really powerful even without evolving. Maybe Black/White will break the tradition.

Cuddy

Cyndaquil Master
I'm hoping Mijumaru indeed breaks up the tradition and opens the gate for Ash's water Pokemon...

There is no proof that Ash will capture Mijumaru. All it shown is all three starters getting Pokeballs being thrown at. The only one that is conformed is Mamepato. I think he will capture Mijumaru too, but at this time, with a 4 member team, who knows who caught it.

xex

Banned
BlueVapor,Squirtle is tied for the strongest not Corphish,Totodile is really strong and he was never weak to start with get your facts correct,Buizel is a lot stronger then Corphish who is strong but not a powerhouse,Kingler is really strong aswell,but you need to deal with the fact that Totodile is strong and shut up and deal with it.

Maldread,learn to get your facts right retarded ***,Corphish is not on the par with Squirtle, Totodile are even Buizel who is a water type powerhouse,you got that wrong about Sceptile being better then Bayleef and Torterra,because that isn't true at all and Sceptile is nowere near as being strong like Bulbasaur,even though Sceptile is a powerhouse it will never match up to Charizard level,Totodile is not weak and he have proven to be a really strong pokemon and you need to have your facts correct because you are really wrong about Totodile being weak because he is a great strong Pokemon ,you dumb ***,don't go saying we all no about crap because,Totodile is strong,Squirtle is the strongest of all water types,Buizel is a water type Powerhouse who is stronger then Corphish.

Raticatelover,Ash's Cyndaquil evolving really don't mean anything at all and Cyndaquil was always a very strong powerful Pokemon ,him evolving into Quilava don't mean anything and he did have a great battle in the Sinnoh League,Totodile on the other hand does not need to evolve because he is not weak damn you,Totodile have shown to be a very strong powerful Pokemon in battles and he isn't weak at all,he is a strong water type just like Squirtle ,Buizel,Corphish is strong but he is not a powerhouse unlike Buizel who really is a powerhouse.

Last edited:
Kingler was pretty cool. You'd think a newly evolved pokemon that sweept 3 opponants with relitive ease would be used more often.

MrMat

Pokemon Veteran
xex, you need to calm down. Calling people "retarded" because they're having a debate is a bad way to be. Carry on this way and you won't be liked

MrMat

Pokemon Veteran
ps, totodile has defeated opponents such as a Kingdra, a Charizard, and Harrison's Sneasel. This shows him to be quite capable in battle despite his unevolved state.
But I'm going to have to go with corphish. He was a key battler in hoenn and won most of its matches. It's fight with swellow against tucker was a great example

Coke

All you lot a saying Buizel is weak, but you are not giving any grounds to the argument. Trust me in the UK Battle Dimension was the only season shown for like a year, Buizel was DEFINATELY Ash's sinnoh powerhouse at that time. He has a 'fighting' personality. Just watch his debut episode. All you are saying is Buizel died off after the 5th gym, yet you are completely forgetting how awesome he was beforehand. Yes he started to fall behind but he still did very well he was the one that had to face Ursaring and Drapion first and he still put up a good fight.(despite recieving damage beforehand) Buizel was obviously chosen for the Mr Mime episode beacuase he IS a strong pokemon. He very EASILY beat Paul's Gastrodon and Ash constantly sents him out in battles against TR. I respect your opinions but calling Buizel 'weak' is just a bit stupid.

I respect your opinions and that, but I just thing that there is so MUCH Buizel hate just because he lost to a Steelix. What other real losses(ones where he shouldn't have lost) has he had Kenny's Empoleon? I think that's it.