• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Saturday: Pokémon - New Zygarde Forms & Greninja Look

S

SerebiiBot

Serebii.net has just updated with this:

More...

Naoto Shirogane

The Detective Prince
I like the Zygarde 10% Forme it gains speed also the design is pretty nice as for Ashs Greninja the design is also good I wonder if it will learn a special move like pikachu.

Blaze990

Zygard Perfect and 10% look awesome. I noticed that each arm is coloured based on Xerneas and Yveltal... Hope it has something to do with both of them!

As for Ash's Greninja is it possible its a mega?

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
I think this is interesting. Though if Ash and Greninja biomerge...we'll have another coincidence of Pokémon introducing new things that are very Digimon.

Willsantos

My guess is that greninja has protean and when it uses maybe a darktype move it becomes similar to ash like in the photo

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I think this is interesting. Though if Ash and Greninja biomerge...we'll have another coincidence of Pokémon introducing new things that are very Digimon.

Or it's just Mega Greninja. Because we have mega evolution. You're twisting it to totally unrealistic views.

Aonshinzo

TheCoolestTentacool
Wait, the little larvae green blob thing is just a part of Zygarde then?...and it becomes the brain of the new forms....so the Zygarde that we know doesn't uhm....think?

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
Wait, the little larvae green blob thing is just a part of Zygarde then?...and it becomes the brain of the new forms....so the Zygarde that we know doesn't uhm....think?

I think the brain is within the Zygarde we already knew about, it just isn't visible as its brain.

About the new Greninja, at most I think it might mean we're getting more cosplay pokemon or the ability to customise and decorate pokemon, but I really doubt that's what mega Greninja will look like, or its just an anime decoration like Squirtle's shades and is unlikely to affect the games at all.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Most likely just a mega evolution.

I doubt that it'll ever be a Mega Evolution since the difference is just a bit too small. But on the poster, we know Ash currently has a Frogadier and it doesn't appear. So it might probably evolve into that Greninja.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Or it's just Mega Greninja. Because we have mega evolution. You're twisting it to totally unrealistic views.
Excuse me, I can hypothesize. And as Serebii says the magazine mentions it looks sort of like Ash's clothes <.<

JW1004

Mega Evolution is all about bonding between trainer and Pokémon. Somewhere down the line Ash and Greninja find a special way to Mega Evolve, which creates a new kind of Mega Stone for Pokémon that were not able to Mega Evolve yet, which also puts traits of the trainer into the evolution. This probably happens during an encounter with Lyssandre and has relation with the ultimate weapon, like the original mega stones. Just a theory.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I doubt that it'll ever be a Mega Evolution since the difference is just a bit too small. But on the poster, we know Ash currently has a Frogadier and it doesn't appear. So it might probably evolve into that Greninja.

The difference between the Greninja and this Greninja is not a little difference. This Greninja that we see here has major differences with its face and actually if you look closely you can see he has a sort of blue/white spine/spike on his back. The differences don't need to be extreme as we can see in Mega Ampharos and Kangaskhan. Besides that, with the machine and the one mega evolution guy (don't watch the anime don't know his name) appearing, I say the likelihood is very high.

Excuse me, I can hypothesize. And as Serebii says the magazine mentions it looks sort of like Ash's clothes <.<

I know, and I can comment on your hypothesis.

Last edited:

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master

Mega Sableye is just Sableye holding a giant gem, and Mega Kangaskhan is just Kangaskhan with her kid next to her.

At least this Greninja has something.

Naoto Shirogane

The Detective Prince
I believe it could be mega greninja if pokemon z does come out there be a pretty big reason to have a new mega as for the other 2 starters im not sure if they will get mega

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
So, apparently Greninja has a stronger bond with Ash than Pikachu.

Guess the writers of the anime didn't really think this one through

BCVM22

Or that they have considerably more leeway to do things to Greninja than they do the mascot of the franchise.

Them "not thinking it through" is more likely though.

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
So, apparently Greninja has a stronger bond with Ash than Pikachu.
It doesn't say that anywhere.

Did you perhaps consider that this power-up, or whatever it is, is only possible with fully evolved Pokemon? Seeing how it is basically pseudo-Mega Evolution, it would make sense.