1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Saturday: Pokémon X & Y - New Pokémon! + Best Wishes Season 2 Da! Episode Titles

Discussion in 'Serebii.net Updates' started by SerebiiBot, Apr 7, 2013.

1. SerebiiBot

SerebiiBot Friendly Neighbourhood SerebiiBot

Serebii.net has just updated with this:

06-04-2013 12:20 BST / 07:20 EDT by Serebii Check back later today for new Pokémon X & Y news! This update will be amended throughout the day. If you have any ideas for the site, be sure to send them in
    With the news of Pokémon X & Y, the ...

More...

2. hawkmbl

hawkmbl Curious

So, the mewtwo form is real.

I was about to scream and cry "WHY!!!!!??!?!", But then I saw the official artwork... MUCH better than the poster, mewtwo kinda looks very cool in this form, instead of it looking like a slap-on. But I imagine fans all over the world are probably not happy.

3. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

The omnipresent Internet is just aflame with keening and gnashing of teeth, I'm sure. I imagine most of the kids of the world are indifferent, at worst.

4. PokemonTrainerKaden

PokemonTrainerKaden Well-Known Member

The Mewtwo form looks like a baby. Not a bad form. But it looks like a baby. I was hoping for a new Pokemon not a new form. GameFreak is stupid.

5. Draknir

Draknir Team Popplio

I'll be damned. The Mewtwo form is legit. Can't say I like it right now, but I do believe it will grow on me. Hell, for some reason just the confirmation has made it tolerable to me.

6. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

This is the sort of sentiment that serves no purpose.

7. Autis-misc

Autis-misc Abridger

I guessed correctly.

8. hawkmbl

hawkmbl Curious

Since most of the people who are VERY mad about this (on other forums) claim to be "fans" (Even though a honest fan wouldn't be extremely angry about something like a new form), I think it's much worse than that, unfortunately.

Am I the only one who found it weird that it was revealed THE MOMENT I stopped watching playthrough videos of Ys IV? I mean, this new mewtwo form reminds me of the final boss from that game.

9. PokemonTrainerKaden

And what purpose does your comment to me serve? I'm not saying I don't like the new Mewtwo form, I'm just saying that they get us all hyped up and then this is all they give us. I'm not angry. I would just like to see a new Pokemon. Not a new version of one that's 16 years old.

10. deoxysdude94

deoxysdude94 lost the game again

meh. the new form's alright. I just want more info on the new games themselves, personally...

11. HetaOni

HetaOni Chesaught

Apparently, this Pokemon isn't Mewtwo. It's just similar.

12. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

All they said was "we're revealing something". The excessive hyping is largely on the part of the fans, particularly when they haven't made distinctions between the reveal of a new forme and the reveal of a separate new Pokémon in the past.

It's apparent at this stage that they want to keep the exact link between this Pokémon and Mewtwo - whether it's a forme, an evolution, some sort of counterpart, whatever - under wraps for now. I wouldn't put too much stock in either possibility until we know more.

13. PokemonTrainerKaden

Exactly, this is me. This is most of the community, I'm sure.

EDIT: @HetaOni if it isn't Mewtwo that'd be great, it's a cool Pokemon. But if it is a Mewtwo form it's kind of pointless.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
  14. Dragalge

Dragalge This is more than 20 characters long

Gamefreak made your Pokemon in your signature and avatar, invalid.

I really like this guy, quite fond of those eyes the most.

15. Draknir

Draknir Team Popplio

Based on what Pokemon.com has stated, is it not possible in the slightest that we all ASSUMED that it was a Mewtwo form? It almost certainly is, but it does bring up the minuscule possibility that it is in fact mewthree a new Pokemon.

16. PokemonTrainerKaden

Is any more info set to be released today? Or is it all just going to be speculation until the next corocoro?

17. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

Not at all impossible. Again, it's apparent at this stage that they want to keep the exact link between this Pokémon and Mewtwo - whether it's a forme, an evolution whatever - a secret for the time being. I suspect the movie will be used as a vehicle for the reveal of the exact relationship.

18. nuzamaki90

nuzamaki90 Well-Known Member

Wow so the Mewtwo forme was real? I'll be damned

But Pokemon.com says it's....not Mewtwo? Wtf?

I'll learn to love this guy like I do all Pokemon, but for now, I think this reveal was a bit of a disappointment. A Mewtwo/Majin Buu look-alike?

I wish they'd actually show some in-game overworld footage or some info on the story rather than showing ONE new Pokemon

19. Dragalge

Dragalge This is more than 20 characters long

Well think of Shaymin-Sky, it was mystified as a "new Pokemon" when it turned out to be a forme. So the same may happen to this critter.

20. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

The game is "only" six months away. They don't have any reason to give us too much of a look at that material. They will in time, to be sure, but there's no reason to give it all away, or even a lot of even that much of it away, ahead of time.