• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Savants of Sommeliershipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fruty Sheep

Last edited:

WinterStarlight

Let us eat!
Please, Burgundy's eye will twitch when Cilan gets on a roll with his sparkles and evaluations. It can only end too well.
Yeah, that's true. x) But if the prize is like some really rare special fishing rod, then maybe Cilan's eye might twitch since we all know how fanboyish he is about those things! xD

But then Burgundy will be less spicy with him while she slowly realize she has cute feelings for him.
I don't know, she may just act the same as she is now. I see her being the tsundere type where she might be her usual self around him and then there are times when she will be all embarrassed and blush. Like in that one episode where she blushed. ;3 But I do think she will not be as spicy...

Worse like what?
She might let her Dewott do the attacking for her which would actually be pretty for me to see. xD

Okay, I hope this link works for the banner or else I might just die! Not really, but still...
SommelierShipping banner
It's not the best banner ever since I'm still in training, I'm sorry! *bows*

Fruty Sheep

Yeah, that's true. x) But if the prize is like some really rare special fishing rod, then maybe Cilan's eye might twitch since we all know how fanboyish he is about those things! xD

*Chuckles playfully*

I don't know, she may just act the same as she is now. I see her being the tsundere type where she might be her usual self around him and then there are times when she will be all embarrassed and blush. Like in that one episode where she blushed. ;3 But I do think she will not be as spicy...

What are some scenarios you hope will happen in the anime?

I was thinking she being bitter with him as usual and when noboby's seeing her she has sweet tears in her eyes and wondering what's happening with her.

Okay, I hope this link works for the banner or else I might just die! Not really, but still...
SommelierShipping banner

Thank you for the banner! And don't worry if you think it isn't a good one, becuase this Shipping needed more love, and you gave it love!

I can't ask everybody to give this Shipping love while all what I do is wait. I think I will draw or write something. Just give me time, I need inspiration. The next time I post I'll come with a drabble and a drawing, I promise!

Last edited:

Moonlight Amaryllis

♪smoke and mirrors♪
But then Burgundy will be less spicy with him while she slowly realize she has cute feelings for him.

She did blush in her first appearance when Cilan complimented her. Obviously her Tsun-Tsun will be Dere-Dere soon enough.

Worse like what?

Slapping him and than apoligizing in her head afterwards.

Obviously Burgundy will want to win it than, to avenge herself?

But I do think she will not be as spicy...

She just needs to open up on exactly why the defeat left her in tatters. I doubt she was lying about it.

She might let her Dewott do the attacking for her which would actually be pretty for me to see. xD

Pretty.

...No.

SommelierShipping banner

Yay, such a pretty banner, thanks Widdie ;)

Fruty Sheep

She did blush in her first appearance when Cilan complimented her. Obviously her Tsun-Tsun will be Dere-Dere soon enough.

Aww I wish I was as talented as you with words...

Slapping him and than apoligizing in her head afterwards.

Am I the only one who realized that they didn't have phisical contact in all the anime?

Just the hint which PROVES that Burgundy in reality has a crush on Cilan, or vice versa. That could make me the happiest person in the world. Not really, but still.

Excuse me, I did the SommelierShipping drawing, but could someone tell me how to post it here?

Last edited:

WinterStarlight

Let us eat!
Obviously Burgundy will want to win it than, to avenge herself?
Or she could try to lose on purpose just to annoy Cilan and see him feel- I'll just stop there because I'm not going to make her be a yandere!

She just needs to open up on exactly why the defeat left her in tatters. I doubt she was lying about it.
Maybe this was her first gym battle and was pretty sure she was going to win. Then suddenly, BAM! She loses miserably to Cilan. Who knows?

Pretty.

...No.
I meant to say it would be pretty funny for me to see. >.<

Yay, such a pretty banner, thanks Widdie ;)
Thanks, Moonlight~! =D And thank you Night Flower for your kind words as well! ^o^

Am I the only one who realized that they didn't have physical contact in all the anime?
Now that you mention it, you have a point there! Knowing Pokemon, the only physical contact we'll probably get between the two would a handshake. :/

Just the hint which PROVES that Burgundy in reality has a crush on Cilan, or vice versa. That could make me the happiest person in the world. Not really, but still.
Wouldn't everyone? 8D It would be really awesome to see that happen~!

Excuse me, I did the SommelierShipping drawing, but could someone tell me how to post it here.
Well first you have to have it saved to a file in either Photobucket, *******, etc. Then you click on the little icon that has a picture of a tree at the top of the reply box. After that, just put in the image's url in and voila! The picture will be posted~! :D

Like I said before, I would like to see an episode that's basically centered around them and goes more in depth to Burgundy's gym battle with Cilan or just builds up on their friendship. I would love to see something like that~

Fruty Sheep

Maybe this was her first gym battle and was pretty sure she was going to win. Then suddenly, BAM! She loses miserably to Cilan. Who knows?

Do you remember that Dewott got tired very easily in his/her battle against Dwebble? Maybe as an Oshawott happened the same and that's why Cilan thought he/she wasn't strong enough, that a strong Pokemon doesn't get tired so quickly, according to his B-class Connaisseur skills... is was that or the fact that Cilan in reality was a creppy cruel one when Burgundy fought against him in the Gym.

And thank you Night Flower for your kind words as well! ^o^

You're welcome :)

Now that you mention it, you have a point there! Knowing Pokemon, the only physical contact we'll probably get between the two would a handshake. :/

And at the moment they touch... *Chuckles playfully*

Well first you have to have it saved to a file in either Photobucket, *******, etc. Then you click on the little icon that has a picture of a tree at the top of the reply box. After that, just put in the image's url in and voila! The picture will be posted~! :D

Saved it on a file... picture of a tree... what?

Burgundy as Cilan's assistant. Let me guess. I'm not the only one.

Last edited:

Moonlight Amaryllis

♪smoke and mirrors♪
Aww I wish I was as talented as you with words...
How does that display that I possess talent with words?

Am I the only one who realized that they didn't have phisical contact in all the anime?
*physical 'scuse me, Grammar Nazi coming through

I didn't notice until you mentioned it. Though I can easily envision Cilan giving Burgundy a nice headpat for encouragement.

...ShadowTriadandPlasmaandasdfghfanficstuffreally

Or she could try to lose on purpose just to annoy Cilan and see him feel- I'll just stop there because I'm not going to make her be a yandere!
I don't think that would define her as Yandere. Yandere is a person who would either kill other people to prevent them from stealing away their crush, or a person who would kill their crush to prevent anyone else from having them. You might be confusing Yandere for something else entirely.

Well, he falls under the Cute And Psycho category, thus it is very likely he could have said some things he maybe shouldn't have...some ugly things.

I meant to say it would be pretty funny for me to see. >.<

Oh.

I think a shoulderpat or headpat is likely as well.

Night Flower said:
And at the moment they touch... *Chuckles*

Zing!

Burgundy as Cilan's assistant. Let me guess. I'm not the only one.

Assistant as a Gym Leader, you mean?

Fruty Sheep

How does that display that I possess talent with words?

I mean, how do you create such amazing phrases? Ugh, just don't listen to me...

Yandere is a person who would either kill other people to prevent them from stealing away their crush, or a person who would kill their crush to prevent anyone else from having them.
Well, he falls under the Cute And Psycho category, thus it is very likely he could have said some things he maybe shouldn't have...some ugly things.

Cilan hurting, mocking, toying, taunting, threatening, smiling evily or whatever at Burgundy at everyone's backs.

"Zing"?

Assistant as a Gym Leader, you mean?

*Facepalms* No, assistant as a Connaisusse. She's just a C-Class, she can't evaluate by herself but apparently she didn't realize yet.

What's your taste of Sommeliershipping? Explain why it is this.

For me, the SommelierShipping is like matt. Maybe you can find it bitter, but yet is a delicious flavour. And if you want, you can make the taste sweeter by adding a little sugar.

Last edited:

Moonlight Amaryllis

♪smoke and mirrors♪
I mean, how do you create such amazing phrases? Ugh, just don't listen to me...

Might I inquire what makes my phrases "amazing"?

Cilan hurting, mocking, toying, taunting, threatening, smiling evily or whatever at Burgundy at everyone's backs.

...Whywouldyousaysomethinglikethat

It is from a movie, nevermind...

*Facepalms* No, assistant as a Connaisusse. She's just a C-Class, she can't evaluate by herself but apparently she didn't realize yet.

Ah, I see. I'm not sure how the Connoisseur works, but I think you'd need the C-Class's permission first. What a wild ride that would be...

What's your taste of Sommeliershipping? Explain why it is this.

I've already evaluated my fair share earlier in this thread, haven't I?

Last edited:

Fruty Sheep

Might I inquire what makes my phrases "amazing"?

The way you talk, I think.

...Whywouldyousaysomethinglikethat

It came to my mind. It's just an idea I have.

Ah, I see. I'm not sure how the Connoisseur works, but I think you'd need the C-Class's permission first. What a wild ride that would be...

Quite a funny scene! I can imagine Burgundy yelling like never before at such a pathetic idea.

I've already evaluated my fair share earlier in this thread, haven't I?

Yes.

Moonlight Amaryllis

♪smoke and mirrors♪
The way you talk, I think.

I am still unclear about what you mean...

It came to my mind. It's just an idea I have.

Was it those TV Tropes links from earlier?

Quite a funny scene! I can imagine Burgundy yelling like never before at such a pathetic idea.

"Pathetic" and embarrassing.

How would Cilan and/or Burgundy approach their feelings of affection to themselves and each other?

(That's worded weird)

Fruty Sheep

I am still unclear about what you mean...

If I'm not mistaken, I'm talking about your writing and poetic skills.

Was it those TV Tropes links from earlier?

I think yes.

"Pathetic" and embarrassing.

It's blushing time!

How would Cilan and/or Burgundy approach their feelings of affection to themselves and each other?

(That's worded weird)

She has red hair and blue eyes, wears a yellow hat and is all dressed in green ;)

Last edited:

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
Heyo. I've been on a bit of a Cilan-shipping kick the last couple of weeks and I've been particularly appreciating SommelierShipping lately. I knew from the first encounter that this would be the type of ship I'd be positively disposed to *coughs and gestures to Slayers OTP* but I haven't honestly done much with it in the past. I'd like to do more and I've started by making some SommelierShipping graphics. I'd like to write for it at some point, but the fact that I watch the dub and am behind on watching even that always makes me paranoid about writing for anime ships ^^; Hopefully I'll get around to it eventually though.

Oh! The graphics:

[img139]http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af308/prettypennylaw/Avatars/th_somm_zps684acf0c.gif[/img139] [img139]http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af308/prettypennylaw/Avatars/th_cb2542_zpsa5f955be.gif[/img139]

[img139]http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af308/prettypennylaw/Banners/hfdshyedd_zps6346568b.png[/img139] [img139]http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af308/prettypennylaw/Banners/cb432532_zps8e3349c5.png[/img139]

I'll be using these eventually because I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out, but they're also free for anyone else to use if they want!

Ehmm... Let me try to take a crack at this discussion question (again, I'm running behind on the anime and it's been awhile since I've watched a Burgundy episode, so please cut me a little slack):

I feel like Cilan can see pretty well through Burgundy's "revenge" quest. To me, identifying her crush on him would come before he develops any feelings for her. He seems to take even her negative attention in as flattering a way as he can and in some weird way even... appreciate it. And through that appreciation he can start to see through to Burgundy's good traits beyond her glaring, glaring flaws (no disrespect here. I like her flaws) and that appreciation can develop into something more.

I don't think he'd actually approach/confront her with this, though. At least, that's my gut feel. It seems like he'd be more the kind to deal with her behavior with grace and wait for her to have grappled with her feelings and accepted them. I see him letting her make the first move, for the sake of her having settled how she feels with herself once and for all, and for the sake of her ego. Though I could also see him giving her opportunities tailor-made for making that first move.

As for Burgundy, I guess it comes down to how quickly she can go from "Stupid Cilan! He thinks he's so cool!" to realizing: "Stupid Cilan! I think he's so cool too, don't I?!" And then how she decides to act after she comes face to face with that fact. It's possible that her desire for the high ground might actually push her into accepting it sooner than later--in that if she thinks she's accepted her feelings first that that makes her "the bigger (wo)man" and allows her the air of superior maturity that she feels so often denied when around Cilan. But that's certainly not a guarantee and she could instead decide to fight it out with those feelings until its absolutely undeniable.

I'm honestly not sure how much her behavior would change if it got to that point--though I hope it's not an entire 180. I like her the way she is.

Fruty Sheep

Heyo. I've been on a bit of a Cilan-shipping kick the last couple of weeks and I've been particularly appreciating SommelierShipping lately. I knew from the first encounter that this would be the type of ship I'd be positively disposed to *coughs and gestures to Slayers OTP* but I haven't honestly done much with it in the past. I'd like to do more and I've started by making some SommelierShipping graphics. I'd like to write for it at some point, but the fact that I watch the dub and am behind on watching even that always makes me paranoid about writing for anime ships ^^; Hopefully I'll get around to it eventually though.

Hello! Welcome to the family, Skyomi!

Oh! The graphics:

[img139]http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af308/prettypennylaw/Avatars/th_somm_zps684acf0c.gif[/img139] [img139]http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af308/prettypennylaw/Avatars/th_cb2542_zpsa5f955be.gif[/img139]

[img139]http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af308/prettypennylaw/Banners/hfdshyedd_zps6346568b.png[/img139] [img139]http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af308/prettypennylaw/Banners/cb432532_zps8e3349c5.png[/img139]

I'll be using these eventually because I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out, but they're also free for anyone else to use if they want!

*Eyes shining* THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! *Coughs* I mean, thank you for giving this Shipping love.

I feel like Cilan can see pretty well through Burgundy's "revenge" quest. To me, identifying her crush on him would come before he develops any feelings for her. He seems to take even her negative attention in as flattering a way as he can and in some weird way even... appreciate it. And through that appreciation he can start to see through to Burgundy's good traits beyond her glaring, glaring flaws (no disrespect here. I like her flaws) and that appreciation can develop into something more.

I don't think he'd actually approach/confront her with this, though. At least, that's my gut feel. It seems like he'd be more the kind to deal with her behavior with grace and wait for her to have grappled with her feelings and accepted them. I see him letting her make the first move, for the sake of her having settled how she feels with herself once and for all, and for the sake of her ego. Though I could also see him giving her opportunities tailor-made for making that first move.

As for Burgundy, I guess it comes down to how quickly she can go from "Stupid Cilan! He thinks he's so cool!" to realizing: "Stupid Cilan! I think he's so cool too, don't I?!" And then how she decides to act after she comes face to face with that fact. It's possible that her desire for the high ground might actually push her into accepting it sooner than later--in that if she thinks she's accepted her feelings first that that makes her "the bigger (wo)man" and allows her the air of superior maturity that she feels so often denied when around Cilan. But that's certainly not a guarantee and she could instead decide to fight it out with those feelings until its absolutely undeniable.

I couldn't have say it better.

I'm honestly not sure how much her behavior would change if it got to that point--though I hope it's not an entire 180. I like her the way she is.

Me too.

Last edited:

Moonlight Amaryllis

♪smoke and mirrors♪
If I'm not mistaken, I'm talking about your writing and poetic skills.

Oh.

O///O

I think yes.

I'msuchahorribleperson

It's blushing time!

You could say that again.

She has red hair and blue eyes, wears a yellow hat and is all dressed in green ;)

Now that I think about, she probably would be somewhat of an advice-giver...though I would say more so for Burgundy than Cilan. (Unless Iris of all people notices...)

Hello Skiyomi! Glad to see activity on this thread that isn't just Night Flower and me. :)

Oh! The graphics:

LETMYLOVEYOU Those are beautiful graphics, Skiyomi! Thank you so much!

Ehmm... Let me try to take a crack at this discussion question (again, I'm running behind on the anime and it's been awhile since I've watched a Burgundy episode, so please cut me a little slack):

Agreed. These things take time, and I can see Burgundy grappling her feelings for quite the while before she actually admits it to herself before anybody else. She's just stubborn like that *coughlikemecough*. Cilan is also a gentleman, and I can see him giving us the old, "lady's first", especially since this is Burgundy we're talking about.

Love doesn't distort one's personality. It can cause development or add on, but I can't see Burgundy completely changing. That's ridiculous.

Fruty Sheep

Oh.

O///O

I'm glad you understand ^^

I'msuchahorribleperson.

Or is me who is the everything-happens-in-my-head one.

Agreed. These things take time, and I can see Burgundy grappling her feelings for quite the while before she actually admits it to herself before anybody else. She's just stubborn like that *coughlikemecough*. Cilan is also a gentleman, and I can see him giving us the old, "lady's first", especially since this is Burgundy we're talking about.

Once again, I couldn't have say it better.

Love doesn't distort one's personality. It can cause development or add on, but I can't see Burgundy completely changing. That's ridiculous.

She isn't my favourite one for nothing.

With all respect: YOU SPEND YEARS TO REPLY TO THIS THREAD!! *Cough* Sorry to talk to you like this, but still...

Last edited:

Moonlight Amaryllis

♪smoke and mirrors♪
Or is me who is the everything-happens-in-my-head one.
Please define "everything-happens-in-my-head one".

With all respect: YOU SPEND YEARS TO REPLY TO THIS THREAD!! *Cough* Sorry to talk to you like this, but still...
.___________________.

Hey, quick question; If Burgundy had to comfort Cilan (rather then the other way around), how would it go?

Fruty Sheep

Please define "everything-happens-in-my-head one".

I don't know if you realized yet, but I come up with weird ideas just because they appear in my head.

.___________________.

*Nevous laugh*

Hey, quick question; If Burgundy had to comfort Cilan (rather then the other way around), how would it go?

I can't imagine what could happen, but I can vaguely see how could happen.

Last edited:

BlueDragonfangirl

Well look at it this way, if Dento leaves hey'll go back to his true love. Yes I do support this pairing, looking at the possitive side of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.