• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Savants of Sommeliershipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fruty Sheep

The meanly cute and the cutely mean!

It is stated that Trip battled Chili, and he chose Snivy.

Burgundy battled Cilan, and she evidentially chose Oshawott.

I think that's enough evidence that that portion of the game was incorporated into the anime.

*snaps back* Tepig vs. Pansear isn't possible in the games! *bites lower lip* Sorry for my discourtesy...

...Not...too sure how that works...

Why not?

Please share, I love crazy headcanons.

Hint: Just mix Burgundy and Cilan's battle when children with another ingredient that we have already tasted here (and it was me the one who cooked it).

That is how I ship, my dear friend. Evaluate, access, and view what is possible and what has already been.

Yes but... even if two heads think better than one, there is a moment were we need a third one. ISN'T THERE ANY SOMMELIERSHIPPER THAT COULD COME HERE!!

(Besides, Burgundy isn't going to appear in the anime, so we don't have much to work on)

While Ash's rivals highlight in the Best Wishes, Cilan and Iris' ones are so underappreciated...

Moonlight Amaryllis

♪smoke and mirrors♪
*snaps back* Tepig vs. Pansear isn't possible in the games! *bites lower lip* Sorry for my discourtesy...

Ash didn't have an elemental starter to determine who he would battle. Thus, he got to choose, and being the Idiot Hero he is, he chose to battle all three using any Pokémon.

Could you give an example of a conversation between two people with the bullying relationship you have in mind?

Hint: Just mix Burgundy and Cilan's battle when children with another ingredient that we have already tasted here (and it was me the one who cooked it).

Hm...

...Are...

...you saying what I think you're saying?

Yes but... even if two heads think better than one, there is a moment were we need a third one. ISN'T THERE ANY SOMMELIERSHIPPER THAT COULD COME HERE!!

IDK man, they seem to have abandoned us.

While Ash's rivals highlight in the Best Wishes, Cilan and Iris' ones are so underappreciated...

Even Ash's rivals got the short end of the stick, especially Trip. :(

If Cilan were to make a romantic move towards Burgundy (or vice versa), how would s/he react?

Fruty Sheep

Ash didn't have an elemental starter to determine who he would battle. Thus, he got to choose, and being the Idiot Hero he is, he chose to battle all three using any Pokémon.

Cilan said in the anime that choosing your opponent is the Gym Rule. That means that it is for everyone.

Could you give an example of a conversation between two people with the bullying relationship you have in mind?

...Er, I don't know.

Hm...

...Are...

...you saying what I think you're saying?

I'm not a psychic, Moonsie.

IDK man, they seem to have abandoned us.

Winter Storm, if you read this please don't take offence...

Even Ash's rivals got the short end of the stick, especially Trip. :(

But at least Trip, Bianca and Stev... Stephe... whatever have more appearences than Burgundy and Georgia combinated...

If Cilan were to make a romantic move towards Burgundy (or vice versa), how would s/he react?

*Clears throat* *Imitating Burgundy's voice*

Zut! What a sour, crappy, horrible taste! Completly corrompre! That kiss was... was just an accident! Did you hear me? He's my enemy! He's completely mean, cruel, bitter, evil... urgh! He always know how to drive me insane! I hate him! I just couldn't escape form his creepy smile, his lime green eyes, and that warm tone of his voice, and when he called me 'Princess'... I almost felt sick! I couldn't get free from his grip! If I could, I would have... I would have... I would have stormed out of there and avoided that savoury balanced mix of different herbs that was his mouth... Non! I didn't mean that! I just... Urgh!

Last edited:

Moonlight Amaryllis

♪smoke and mirrors♪
Cilan said in the anime that choosing your opponent is the Gym Rule. That means that it is for everyone.

I don't remember that...

I'm not a psychic, Moonsie.

Um...either the bullying relationship we were already speaking of...

...Or you're going to make them kiss.

But at least Trip, Bianca and Stev... Stephe... whatever have more appearences than Burgundy and Georgia combinated...

Burgundy needs more spotlight as character anyway, instead of comic relief.

*Clears throat* *Imitating Burgundy's voice*

Zut! What a sour, crappy, horrible taste! Completly corrompre! That kiss was... was just an accident! Did you hear me? He's my enemy! He's completely mean, cruel, bitter, evil... urgh! He always know how to drive me insane! I hate him! I just couldn't escape form his creepy smile, his lime green eyes, and that warm tone of his voice, and when he called me 'Princess'... I almost felt sick! I couldn't get free from his grip! If I could, I would have... I would have... I would have stormed out of there and avoided that savoury balanced mix of different herbs that was his mouth... Non! I didn't mean that! I just... Urgh!

more kissing I mean really now

Cilan, you jerk.

Fruty Sheep

I don't remember that...

With the new chapters, nobody cares for the old ones, tee-hee...

Um...either the bullying relationship we were already speaking of...

...Or you're going to make them kiss.

I think... I think... that Burgundy had lost in purpose.

Burgundy needs more spotlight as character anyway, instead of comic relief.

Yeah... As my favourite character, I'm waiting for an episode when she could appear everyday...

more kissing I mean really now

What do you mean?

Cilan, you jerk.

Now we have to think what would Cilan do if Burgundy made a romantic move towards him.

Moonlight Amaryllis

♪smoke and mirrors♪
With the new chapters, nobody cares for the old ones, tee-hee...

I have an awful memory, sorry.

I think... I think... that Burgundy had lost in purpose.

Woah.

That's more the just an assumption of the past interactions of Cilan and Burgundy. It would be a complete reversal of what we thought we already knew about Cilan and Burgundy's battle!

What do you mean?

I mean exactly what I said.

Now we have to think what would Cilan do if Burgundy made a romantic move towards him.

He would be embarrassed at first, but hide it as well as he could. Cilan wouldn't think Burgundy would tell him her feelings in his face, so he'd be at loss for words at first. Of course, he'd swiftly recover sort of and accept her feelings.

(Boy that was bland of me)

Fruty Sheep

I have an awful memory, sorry.

You're not the only one.

Woah.

That's more the just an assumption of the past interactions of Cilan and Burgundy. It would be a complete reversal of what we thought we already knew about Cilan and Burgundy's battle!

Ehem, my HeadCanon was like this:

After a 'little' incident with a Purrloin (Why didn't Burgundy react at Cilan's fear? Already knowing it of course!) Burgundy felt guilty for Cilan and decided to battle him to make him feel better, already knowing she has disadvantage. When she 'realized' kinda that was just a trick of Cilan's to make her feel miserable, she vowed she will learn him to have more respect to her.

What's this that happened in my mind?! Oh-no, I'm more a Burgundy fan than I thought... or SommelierShipper...

I mean exactly what I said.

Like you want them to be kissing too?

He would be embarrassed at first, but hide it as well as he could.

Embarrased or confused?

Cilan wouldn't think Burgundy would tell him her feelings in his face, so he'd be at loss for words at first.

Not necessary in words. Oh, my! I'm wanting them kissing more than anything!

Of course, he'd swiftly recover sort of and accept her feelings.

With his own.

(Boy that was bland of me)

What? Do you consider yourself a tomboy?

Moonlight Amaryllis

♪smoke and mirrors♪
Ehem, my HeadCanon was like this:

After a 'little' incident with a Purrloin (Why didn't Burgundy react at Cilan's fear? Already knowing it of course!) Burgundy felt guilty for Cilan and decided to battle him to make him feel better, already knowing she has disadvantage. When she 'realized' kinda that was just a trick of Cilan's to make her feel miserable, she vowed she will learn him to have more respect to her.

That's...quite the deviation of a headcanon you have there. Why would Cilan trick her? What would he gain from her misery? Unless...

Oh my gosh.

Like you want them to be kissing too?

nO

Not until they've actually, you know, gotten past hating each other.

Embarrassed or confused?

Both, really.

Not necessary in words. Oh, my! I'm wanting them kissing more than anything!

So I've noticed.

With his own.

Isn't that how it works anyway?

What? Do you consider yourself a tomboy?

Huh? What do you mean?

Fruty Sheep

That's...quite the deviation of a headcanon you have there. Why would Cilan trick her? What would he gain from her misery? Unless...

Oh my gosh.

What?! What happened Moonsie?!

nO

Not until they've actually, you know, gotten past hating each other.

I'm waiting for that moment to come!

Both, really.

It's blushing time! I remember I have said this before.

So I've noticed.

*Chuckles*

Isn't that how it works anyway?

I wonder what will he say.

Huh? What do you mean?

Nothing.

Moonlight Amaryllis

♪smoke and mirrors♪
What?! What happened Moonsie?!

Cilan has nothing to gain from making Burgundy miserable except if that's all he has left for her.

If Cilan maybe attempted to earn her feelings earlier, maybe she cruelly turned him down. He tried repeatedly, but she in turn put him down by saying she held no feelings for him whatsoever, even friendship. He became despairing, and even though he tried to make her happy, she never accepted it. In turn, Cilan decided that all he doesn't need to fill her heart with love it's empty, but instead he only needs the agony on her face in the end.

I'm waiting for that moment to come!

It would take a while for them to mend their troubled relationship, and I don't think just a simple kiss will fix it.

It's blushing time! I remember I have said this before.

Unoriginal

I wonder what will he say.

I think what he'd say depends on where she decides to tell him, how she says it, and just how flustered he is.

Spill the beans.

Fruty Sheep

Cilan has nothing to gain from making Burgundy miserable except if that's all he has left for her.

If Cilan maybe attempted to earn her feelings earlier, maybe she cruelly turned him down. He tried repeatedly, but she in turn put him down by saying she held no feelings for him whatsoever, even friendship. He became despairing, and even though he tried to make her happy, she never accepted it. In turn, Cilan decided that all he doesn't need to fill her heart with love it's empty, but instead he only needs the agony on her face in the end.

Yeah, what really happened when they were kids?

It would take a while for them to mend their troubled relationship, and I don't think just a simple kiss will fix it.

I imagined Cilan really annoyed at her and then when he asks her what her problem really is... well, you know.

Unoriginal

Do you imagine another 'original' phrase?

I think what he'd say depends on where she decides to tell him, how she says it, and just how flustered he is.

Cilan is usually the always-making-plans one. He surely is with a prepared speech in case his loved one decides to confess.

Spill the beans.

Do you know what 'tomboy' means?

Moonlight Amaryllis

♪smoke and mirrors♪
Yeah, what really happened when they were kids?

Their friendship fell apart, if you could even call it that.

I imagined Cilan really annoyed at her and then when he asks her what her problem really is... well, you know.

If I were Cilan, I would've been irritated at Burgundy's persistence, and demanded that she quit trying to "avenge herself", when she should just get over it.

(But I'm not Cilan, so...)

Do you imagine another 'original' phrase?

N-no, but...

Cilan is usually the always-making-plans one. He surely is with a prepared speech in case his loved one decides to confess.

Yeah, but if the manner if the confession catches him off guard...

Do you know what 'tomboy' means?

A girl who likes guyish things?

Misty#1

AAML~DAML~KADL~CABL
If anyone's still keeping an eye on this thread, I'd like to join, please! SommelierShipping is my second-favourite ship after PokéShipping, and it needs way more love. So does this thread! C'mon, where did everybody go?

Skiyomi

Only Mostly Dead
Unfortunately this thread was already inactive for over 30 days after it got replied to, so I'll have to close it. If someone would like to make a new SommelierShipping thread then they are welcomed to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.