• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Save Data cannot be accessed

thedarkx

Superhero Vigilante
OK so my Pokemon Platinum game has been kinda annoying me. I had all my good Pokemon, and was ready to trade them into HeartGold. Unfortunately, my game got damaged. The game still fit into the DS, and it still recognized it, but it kept telling me that it couldn't access the save data. I decided, as a last resort, to open the card's casing and remove the inside of the game, and it looks perfectly fine. Even when I put it back into the DS with the casing, it still recognizes the game, but still cannot access the save data. Does it have something to do with the casing being broken (even though it still can recognize the game)? Maybe the inside of the game card needs cleaning? Maybe there is no hope at all and all my good Pokemon are trapped inside this unfixable save game? Maybe one of y'all have experienced the same thing, and if so, can you help me please? It would be much appreciated. (heres a pic of it if it would help, I will have more in the comments because I don't know how to put multiple attachments into one post)
front with casing.jpg

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
OK so my Pokemon Platinum game has been kinda annoying me. I had all my good Pokemon, and was ready to trade them into HeartGold. Unfortunately, my game got damaged. The game still fit into the DS, and it still recognized it, but it kept telling me that it couldn't access the save data. I decided, as a last resort, to open the card's casing and remove the inside of the game, and it looks perfectly fine. Even when I put it back into the DS with the casing, it still recognizes the game, but still cannot access the save data. Does it have something to do with the casing being broken (even though it still can recognize the game)? Maybe the inside of the game card needs cleaning? Maybe there is no hope at all and all my good Pokemon are trapped inside this unfixable save game? Maybe one of y'all have experienced the same thing, and if so, can you help me please? It would be much appreciated. (heres a pic of it if it would help, I will have more in the comments because I don't know how to put multiple attachments into one post)
View attachment 5047

How on earth did you managed that?

Anyway all the casing does is protect the cart from dust and damaged and from looking from how damaged the case is, it would suggest that your memory data got damaged and became corrupted.

thedarkx

Superhero Vigilante
How on earth did you managed that?

Anyway all the casing does is protect the cart from dust and damaged and from looking from how damaged the case is, it would suggest that your memory data got damaged and became corrupted.

What do you mean by "how on earth did you managed that?" Also, is there any way to fix my corrupted memory data, or do I basically have no hope now?

BCVM22

There's no fix, particularly if the corruption is the result of physical damage.

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
Ok then. I guess I will just have to get another one, and restart, and re-catch my old team somehow. God I still need to finish Black and White, Conquest, AND even HeartGold.

Be happy with that, I wish I have not finished all these games, to play them again blindly.

BlazingCold

How did you manage to get your cartridge like that, anyways?

Earthia100

See if you can stick the game card in without the casing and play the game. If it does work, the first thing you should do is trade your Pokemon to HeartGold. The next thing you should do is replace the game. Because it is definitively not in playing condition. Be very careful because if you even sneeze on it, everything will be lost.