• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Save Our New Voice Actors (Serebii branch)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Power of Pika

Way Past Cool!!
As far as I know she said she won't separate from the rest and even at one point stated won't split from the whole crew that worked on it. She did seem unsure at times though.=P

I guess we've been there and done that and really we won't know the truth of what happened. I'm just going to focus on the present.

If there's a slim chance of getting th old VA's back than I'll encourage SOVA to keep trying but I'm also keeping an open mind that if it came to a pinch and we're stuck with the new VA's then they're going to need support to get better. That's where SONVA comes in. That's how I see it. There's really no use fighting over who lied or told the truth because the only way we're going to know is if by some chance one of us became a CEO of the company (either PUSA or 4kids)and even then who'd believe us.:(

I just want the show to live and the only way for that to happen is for people to support the dub no matter what happens.

I've actually been following this dispute since the first announcement about the agreement between the two companies to give it to PUSA.

I joined the situation early in the piece because I was originally interested in the business side of things. I had done two years of business management so it fascinated me. I really didn't expect to get this involved but I really want the anime to keep going. Another 10 years would be nice.:)

I think the new VA's are doing quite fine so far. I mean from all the cartoon voice changes I've seen these guys would probably be the quickest to improve I've ever seen. Though of course Sarah looks like she in the mainstream VA area and will take longer. I think people should learn some patience. We might lose less cartoons that way.;)

Last edited:

Kuroshi

Yes, the simple truth that SOVA has refused to admit, is that even if they were able to convince Pokémon USA to approach the 4Kids cast, they have given no garantee that they would accept the jobs. Infact, most of them have come flat out and said that they believe that 4Kids is the only studio that should handle the Pokémon dub.

SlipKnoT

Yes, the simple truth that SOVA has refused to admit, is that even if they were able to convince Pokémon USA to approach the 4Kids cast, they have given no garantee that they would accept the jobs. Infact, most of them have come flat out and said that they believe that 4Kids is the only studio that should handle the Pokémon dub.
Sorry but I want to make this clear, just had to

Pure rumor.Actually the former VA's would love there jobs back and it apparently doesn't matter which studio they work in.We've actually discovered PUSA lied about something else.They said that all 4kids contracts couldn't be used for there new version of the show, they lied.Watch the credits, two people that worked for 4kids are working for PUSA.

Squirtle85

Ready, Set, and GO
I think Arbok and Ekans is alot easier to confuse than say, Scythor and Alakazam and an evolution that doesn't exist especially since Ekans Japanese name is Arbo.

It's an USA special, and how in the world are they easier to get confused?

This an Ekans: http://www.dltk-kids.com/pokEMon/adoptions/ekans-p.html
This is an Arbok: http://www.ktf-split.hr/~eni/goran/pokemon/024.html

How can they be confused?

Actually, Im about 98% sure that pokemon America isn't going to all of a suddenly change their minds after already dubbing 10+ episodes, they have been recieving complaints long before the switch happened. And what exactly makes that only Sova's buiseness? I feel that it effects SONVA and everyone else just as much as SOVA. I wasn't telling them what to do either, I was just giving advice as to what makes sense to me. Also, I am not even part of this club, I was just posting my opinion and as far as making SONVA "look bad" I think my opinion was much more diplomatic than whats been coming out of SOVA. That kind of responce that only SOVA is allowed to worry about the old VAs doesn't sound like your on both sides of the field.

Once again YOU DON'T KNOW THAT. Nothing is set on stone specially on Television where anything can happen. You're telling them not to fight for their cause, It's SOVA's business whenever they fail or not, whenever they wanna keep on trying. The point of SONVA is not attacking SOVA. You were saying practically that SOVA should give up, so it doesn't sound like your worried.

int being? Compared to the Japanese version, the old VAs made me cringe just as much as the new ones, in fact, I can't get through a dubbed episode without shouting at the TV but thats my opinion and my problem and doesn't mean I should get my way and have them aired in Japanese with subtitles. As much as I would like to have that happen, I have to respect Pokemon America's decission whether I like it or not.

This isn't a topic to discuss the quality of Voice acting, want me to debate on it, let's go to the VA's topic at the Pokemon anime forum. They can't aired it in Japanese with subtitles, it doesnt work that way. If you say respect decisions, then respect 4kids decisions of doing small edits.

well I suppose that Annonimous LJ was also the one requiring approved admission and banning members as well, huh? It also seems like all the crucial arguements aren't your "business to discuss".

It's their message board they can have the rules that they want, specially when it becomes to people just joining to quote on staments done on the board and flame it here. Besides why do you want SONVA people to join a SOVA message board, huh? It also seems like all you have a vendetta against us, this is weird from someone "Who doesn't belong to either side"

You have a funny way of "keeping peace", I wasn't even posting to start an arguement, in fact, I wasn't even expecting a reply.

You have funny ways of posting. No replies, no arguments. I'm being peaceful, I haven't flamed, I haven't attacked, I just came here to apologize in behalf of SOVA and to defend their image. everyone was fine, you came and started telling them what to do. I want peace between both sides, each one has their beliefs, respect them, as we shall respect yours.

"Respect is a two way street"

Kuroshi

Pure rumor.Actually the former VA's would love there jobs back and it apparently doesn't matter which studio they work in.We've actually discovered PUSA lied about something else.They said that all 4kids contracts couldn't be used for there new version of the show, they lied.Watch the credits, two people that worked for 4kids are working for PUSA.

Not a rumor. And contracts aside, the former VA's want the dub to return to 4Kids, they have no desire to lose the roles they currently have on 4Kids shows.

Kuroshi

It's an USA special, and how in the world are they easier to get confused?

This an Ekans: http://www.dltk-kids.com/pokEMon/adoptions/ekans-p.html
This is an Arbok: http://www.ktf-split.hr/~eni/goran/pokemon/024.html

How can they be confused?

Mira was speaking of the NAMES of the Pokémon. When traslating a Japanese script, Ekans name is Arbo in Japanese, that can easily be taken for Arbok.

Once again YOU DON'T KNOW THAT. Nothing is set on stone specially on Television where anything can happen. You're telling them not to fight for their cause, It's SOVA's business whenever they fail or not, whenever they wanna keep on trying. The point of SONVA is not attacking SOVA. You were saying practically that SOVA should give up, so it doesn't sound like your worried.

Mira's statements were not at attack on SOVA, merely his/her opinion. And you seem to be attacking this user because you disagree. This is against the rules, so I am giving you a warning.

This isn't a topic to discuss the quality of Voice acting, want me to debate on it, let's go to the VA's topic at the Pokemon anime forum. They can't aired it in Japanese with subtitles, it doesnt work that way. If you say respect decisions, then respect 4kids decisions of doing small edits.

It's their message board they can have the rules that they want, specially when it becomes to people just joining to quote on staments done on the board and flame it here. Besides why do you want SONVA people to join a SOVA message board, huh? It also seems like all you have a vendetta against us, this is weird from someone "Who doesn't belong to either side"

By that logic, what are you doing here?

SOVA is indeed welcome to 'ban all traitors' but it doesn't exactly make them look very level-headed or mature.

You have funny ways of posting. No replies, no arguments. I'm being peaceful, I haven't flamed, I haven't attacked, I just came here to apologize in behalf of SOVA and to defend their image. everyone was fine, you came and started telling them what to do. I want peace between both sides, each one has their beliefs, respect them, as we shall respect yours.

Mira has been respectful in their posts.

As I said, you seem to be hounding Mira because you disagree with thier posts, that is not acceptable, you can defend SOVA without jumping down the throat of any poster that disagrees with you.

Actually I know they would love their jobs back, but not love being under TAJ that much they made clear. Maddie feels that TAJ is worse at dubbing than 4Kids which so far we can't tell. And that thing 'Ash's Pika Pal' discovered about PUSA lying is useless!! Did she even read what Maddie said? PUSA was using musical scores that those two people created which is why they got their names in the credits.

Maddie herself said her name should be there because sometimes they might use stock sounds of Pokemon that she voiced. Really you guys need to do more research and not claim something is a 'lie' when its not. I would've said that on SOVA but I'm staying away because of the lack of being civil. So far Serebii's branch of SOVA is useless without me, this being proof of it. also one of my tips has apparently been taken by PokemonTranerLisa, the giving away things at toys r us.

People are saying that it was a great idea from her, um........ yeah? it was my idea! You know this has ****** me way off, I'm going to go to the toys r us event, but to inform people of SONVA and help if someone doesn't know what happened. All we can do is show support and this is the perfect chance. This might sound vengful but really its not but of course I don't except SOVA to understand as usual. "*Paging wake up call*"

RandomCharizard

LETS ALL HAVE A LOL AT SOVA
At least it stirred up the thread to some activeness.

Tomorow new episodes come in, I'll post here on how the voices have improved and how they can improve more seeing if I try to post something in the New Voices thread I'll feel the need to snap at people who go "the new voices suck!!"

Mira

Thank you Kuroshi and Daniel Jake, Im ecstatic that others defended me.(By the way, its ok to call me a "he" if you want:)) I was going to reply but you said about everything I was going to already. Just a few more things.
Yes, your right, I don't know that for sure, thats why I said 98%. That 98% is based on my own opinion and experience with watching television dubs. I also wasn't telling SOVA to give up, I was just expressing the opinion that its unlikely that a change will happen and I don't personally feel like its worth fighting for.

If you say respect decisions, then respect 4kids decisions of doing small edits.
I said I respect Pokemon America/Nintendo's decision. Not 4Kids.

I think Kuroshi answered that pretty well.

Im glad Kuroshi answered this as I don't even know where to begin.

Last edited:

Kuroshi

LETS ALL HAVE A LOL AT SOVA
At least it stirred up the thread to some activeness.

Tomorow new episodes come in, I'll post here on how the voices have improved and how they can improve more seeing if I try to post something in the New Voices thread I'll feel the need to snap at people who go "the new voices suck!!"

Not so fast, RC. SOVA is serious business!

But seriously, I see this threads lack of activity as a good thing, it means we don't have a high number of radicals posting flames, rumors, spam, propaganda, fanatical devotion/bootlicking of certain actors, and other general tripe.

I will be looking foward to your post tomarrow. It should hopefully help steer this thread away from the politics.

I still think the Arbo=Arbok thing was a joke in the original script that PUSA translated literally...

No. It wasn't. It was a mistake...if it were a joke it would have been funny, it wasn't.

Squirtle85

Ready, Set, and GO
Mira was speaking of the NAMES of the Pokémon. When traslating a Japanese script, Ekans name is Arbo in Japanese, that can easily be taken for Arbok.

Doubt it. 4 kids never had a problem with that. the only problem was the evolution mistake.

Mira's statements were not at attack on SOVA, merely his/her opinion. And you seem to be attacking this user because
you disagree. This is against the rules, so I am giving you a warning.

Yes they were and a warning? I just checked the forum leaders, You are not a mod or anything. I'm not attacking him or anything. He's the one telling SOVA what to do

By that logic, what are you doing here?

SOVA is indeed welcome to 'ban all traitors' but it doesn't exactly make them look very level-headed or mature.

Trying to get everyone to get along, but you guys are so level-headed or mature that you ignore it by mocking SOVA or telling them what to do. You are welcome to think what you want.

Mira has been respectful in their posts.

As I said, you seem to be hounding Mira because you disagree with thier posts, that is not acceptable, you can defend SOVA without jumping down the throat of any poster that disagrees with you.

Sure, respectful whatever floats your boat. I'm not jumping on anyone's throat, he's the one telling SOVA to stop fighting, and mocking us. Is not acceptable to only accept anti SONVA opinions as respectable and any defense as disrespectful. You guys don't really want peace, then fine. if it makes you all feel superior mocking us for trying to bring back the va's then be my guest. I'm out of this topic before it gets uglier.

RandomCharizard

I'll paraphrase what someone said

"Luckily PUSA got the dub just when the show started showing a lot more quality episodes"

I definetly loved the Egg episode, the munchlax part rocked.
Ash is defitnetly improving a lot. Just need to make his pitch a bit more lower.
Brock as always need really no improvement, he is great right now. And thats because instead of flaming him to no end before Season 9 a lot of fans gave him advice. Now look at how much he's improved.
As for Max, in the first episode he was good, second he was great. Though still a bit nazally( did I spell that right? XD), but Kayzie rogers is still doing excellent.

TR's Meowth and James is also sounding better after every line, thats thank's to Jimmy Zoppi's awesome vocal ranges and vocal talent. Happy he's in the cast.
Jessie on the other hand could use a little improve ment, atm she's alright but having her squeak less would be great.

Oh and has anyone else noticed how freaking good May is becoming? I seriously love her voice more than Veronica, even though Veronica's was great too.

As for the rest of the cast, they all were great except for Christopher's voice in the Egg-cellent episode. @_@ sorry dude but you're voice needs improvement. Oh and Mr. Suziko too. Too high pitched, not so remarkble.

Now to get off the topic of voices.

The new music PUSA is producing is really good, better than what 4kids was making. And they also put it some old music we never hear anymore (Munchlax battle; Vulpix hatching)

While the TR puns are exactly awesome. some of them I had a chuckle at.
ANd when TR was blasting off Meowth's line was lol. My sis laughed too.

(I'm not really doing much on the Weekend Warrior episode, imo it was boring)

Can't wait for next week.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
No. It wasn't. It was a mistake...if it were a joke it would have been funny, it wasn't.

Omigosh...seriously, seriously...you don't know for sure, it was just Ekan's following line made it seem like it was lost in translation.

And because it''s not funny, it's a mistake? Well, I guess 4kids has made like 5000 mistakes in their entire run.

SlipKnoT

Ive gone back and forth on this issue. Although I am used to the old VAs and wish they were still part of the show, I also am glad 4Kids' crap fest is over. Now that Pokemon America is in charge, we will finally get some consistancy and stupid errors like this won't happen again(Arbok DOES NOT evolve into Seviper). So, Im for the old VAs but since they aren't coming back, I should support the new VAs and accept it as a necessary sacrifice for a better show. Besides, they aren't as bad as everyone says. I myself was looking for something to complain about but found their voices only mildly hard to listen to. Thats mainly cause I dislike dub voices in general. People will calm down once they get used to it and SOVA isn't doing much to help their cause except griping. The old VAs aren't coming back so all you can do is accept it. Also I think its funny how SONVA is open to all members regardless of whether they belong to SOVA or not but SOVA considers SONVA traitors. Shows which side is more diplomatic.
That error happened on what, there 400th episode+?PUSA did it in their 1ST EPISODE OF MD!(Ekans and Arbok don't look alike other then color, I'd never mix 'em up.You don't know that, if I've learned ANYTHING it's to NEVER GIVE UP.Were doing all we can, flyers, emails, letters, everthing we can think of.Again, they may come back, and if you EVER liked the old VA's you would't just give up, it's sad really.We don't ban people when they post, Power of Pika joined and FlamingRuby let him, Habunake isn't banned on SOVA forums.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
PUSA = 4kids in the Pokemon Dub, cept PUSA is keeping more music and editing less.

Of course, we still have the occasional bad lines and voices, but hey, it's a dub.

Kuroshi

Doubt it. 4 kids never had a problem with that. the only problem was the evolution mistake.

Apples and Oranges.

Yes they were and a warning? I just checked the forum leaders, You are not a mod or anything. I'm not attacking him or anything. He's the one telling SOVA what to do

A warning as to you're being allowed to post in this club. (Read the first page.) Though that will not be an issue anymore, since you've left.

Trying to get everyone to get along, but you guys are so level-headed or mature that you ignore it by mocking SOVA or telling them what to do. You are welcome to think what you want..

As I said, there is a difference between explaining SOVA's point of view, and attacking people for having a diffrent view. And there is no conflict from this end, if SOVA is trying to 'keep the peace' then sending members into every thread to snap at anyone that has a diffrent opinion, is not a good way to go about it.

Sure, respectful whatever floats your boat. I'm not jumping on anyone's throat, he's the one telling SOVA to stop fighting, and mocking us. Is not acceptable to only accept anti SONVA opinions as respectable and any defense as disrespectful. You guys don't really want peace, then fine. if it makes you all feel superior mocking us for trying to bring back the va's then be my guest. I'm out of this topic before it gets uglier.

Mira only gave is opinion he did not give any orders to SOVA. These kinds of over-reactions to people simply stating their own opinions. About the new dub, are exactly what make people so irritated with the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.