• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Save Our New Voice Actors (Serebii branch)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlipKnoT

I love it how most of SOVA complains like five year olds. So fun to watch =)
We don't complain like "5 year olds".I don't take being insulted lightly.SOVA is serious buisness.You're calling our organization, our purpose...your summing it up as a bunch of complaining five year olds.No, this isn't just a game, to us, it's a big thing.And I find you immature to call what we all fight for, "fun to watch".

Kuroshi

You were not being insulted, Jonouchi was just stating their opinion. No need to put words in their mouths. And in the grand scheme of things, yes. There are bigger things in the world than a few voices on a tv show.

Kuroshi

PUSA has corrected the one mistake in the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon special.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=154117

This is unheard of in a Pokémon dub. PUSA has been incredibly responsive, such a mistake would have never been corrected in the old dub.

In other news, the latest episodes of season 9 aired today. Corphish has a new voice that sounds pretty close to the original, I didn't even notice the change is Swellow's voice until seeing it pointed out on forums.

Tucker had a truly exellent voice, And Ash's voice is steadily improving.

Kuroshi

I cannot stress this enough. Fans must send emails and or letters to Pokémon USA, with clear and polite suggestions about things like using all of the original background music. Remember, if we do not show them clear, supportive and logical fan input, and requests (And always let them know when they've done a good job) they will not know what we want. The Pokémon anime dub is now finally in the hands of a company that actually cares about the fans. It is up to us to make our voices heard, and support the show we all know and love.

Write to feedback@pokemon.com with your words of good will, suggestions and advice.

SlipKnoT

PUSA has corrected the one mistake in the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon special.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=154117

This is unheard of in a Pokémon dub. PUSA has been incredibly responsive, such a mistake would have never been corrected in the old dub.

In other news, the latest episodes of season 9 aired today. Corphish has a new voice that sounds pretty close to the original, I didn't even notice the change is Swellow's voice until seeing it pointed out on forums.

Tucker had a truly exellent voice, And Ash's voice is steadily improving.
So they have, 'bout time.It was a stupid mistake.There being responsive, mayby because so many people noticed they screwed up on the pilot episode.I saw the episodes.Tucker sounds...WAY different then I imagined(not in a good way).Corphish just sounds...it...I'll leave it at that.Ash isn't improving.It's still the same bad voice.Veronica>the new 19 model VA.And if PUSA "cares" about the fans, why haven't they wrote me back.I emailed them 5 times on the issue, no response.I did the same, emailed teh CN owners on the dub prob, no response.THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT US.They didn't fix it so we wouldn't go "WTF?", they fixed it so they wouldn't look bad.But that's just my opinion, it's the most likely reason.

Kuroshi

The response is in the changes we see. If they didn't care then Nothing would have changed. And if the way you post is any indication, i'm sure your 'letters' to PUSA were nothing worthy of being responded to. So kindly quit bashing PUSA for no reason at all.

insecure_fool

BashouShipper~!
How do you know that? What if Suicune's letters were acceptable? In fact, no one got a response. It's obvious PUSA doesn't want to discuss it with the fans. Ergo, THEY DON'T CARE. *sighs* I'm sorry that's my opinion too and sorry for barging in here I just couldn't watch you guys say that you "didn't notice Swellow's change of voice"

SlipKnoT

And if the way you post is any indication, i'm sure your 'letters' to PUSA were nothing worthy of being responded to. So kindly quit bashing PUSA for no reason at all.
Don't make asumptions to things you know NOTHING about.I sent them 5 kind letters and the first was 3 MONTHS AGO.Nothing back.THEY DON'T CARE.I'm done being nice/sincere, they had a chance to say something.Every week I get nothing back I lose more respect for those people, I've had it with being patient.I was kind in all emails, but I'm fed up with there lack of caring for fans.Did any of you supporters get emails/letters back?

Kuroshi

How do you know that? What if Suicune's letters were acceptable? In fact, no one got a response. It's obvious PUSA doesn't want to discuss it with the fans. Ergo, THEY DON'T CARE. *sighs* I'm sorry that's my opinion too and sorry for barging in here I just couldn't watch you guys say that you "didn't notice Swellow's change of voice"

The change is Swellow's voice was barely noticeable, blow it out of proportion if you wish, but the fact remains true.

And as for Suicune's letters, companies are not required to respond to fan letters they are busy and they receive hundreds of e-mails every day, and responding to every single e-mail would take way to much time, have you ever e-mailed 4Kids and gotten a reply? Hell, do the old VA's reply to every single e-mail you send? PUSA reads every single fan e-mail they get, and they even archive them, which is doing more than any other company would.

Don't make asumptions to things you know NOTHING about.I sent them 5 kind letters and the first was 3 MONTHS AGO.Nothing back.THEY DON'T CARE.I'm done being nice/sincere, they had a chance to say something.Every week I get nothing back I lose more respect for those people, I've had it with being patient.I was kind in all emails, but I'm fed up with there lack of caring for fans.Did any of you supporters get emails/letters back?

I know enough, you are the one making assumptions that PUSA is ignoring you. The way you know a company is listening to fans is when you see a change based on fan input. (Like the Arbok/Ekans correction in the Mystery Dungeon special, and the redub of the Mastermind special.) Just because they did not respond to your letters does not mean they don't care. And you obviously miss the entire point of SOVA. The goal was never to get emails back from PUSA, you are supposed to email so they see and know your opinion. Which they must, after reading 5 emails.

The Power of Pika

Way Past Cool!!
Suicune 619 and insecure fool.
Stop trying to shove it down our throats that PUSA doesn't care.
I know they don't answer. I do know that they do listen they've actually listened to some of my emails. Some things that's happened over the course of the year weren't just coincidence.

All I can do is help improve it and nothing more. I don't think it's right to DEMAND stuff. I prefer suggesting stuff.

I'm sick of it okay so I don't want to keep it a secret anymore. A lot of emails have been answered quietly by PUSA (emails I sent)so you can't say they're not listening. I'm doing it step by step and I'm having some patients with it. Not everything gets answered but some things are. I sent links to PUSA listing every Pokemon forum I know about. They know. Believe me.

When I did business management I got a manager that I was interviewing for a business management class survey so excited that he just kept on talking and talking while the rest of the students just got vague comments from the managers they interviewed. I know what I'm doing.

I am working on my next task but I am going to be a bit more careful on things here. The next task will be for me to get the Japanese music. I've already sent them one email a while ago and wished them luck and congratulated them. I'm also emailing them about Ash's voice needing a bit more emotion. Though I'm not terribly happy with the email I sent. It seemed more of a rant the more I think about it. I'll keep trying on those for the meantime (I'll restructure the email aswell)until something pleases them to change something for the better. Though I can't promise anything on the music side of things.

I'm keeping an open mind that PUSA might be low in money and too embarrassed to tell anyone. Some people on other forums beleive that if PUSA kept going with 4kids they would have went into debt. Of course it seems to be rumours but it is a possibility. I'm just keeping an open mind I guess.

Last edited:

Kuroshi

Sure you can join, we are happy to have you. Welcome, t4-m4-g0n. *Adds to list*

Oh, and the name of the member that made that banner is Mimori Kiryu.

Suicune 619 and insecure fool.
Stop trying to shove it down our throats that PUSA doesn't care.
I know they don't answer. I do know that they do listen they've actually listened to some of my emails. Some things that's happened over the course of the year weren't just coincidence.

All I can do is help improve it and nothing more. I don't think it's right to DEMAND stuff. I prefer suggesting stuff.

I'm sick of it okay so I don't want to keep it a secret anymore. A lot of emails have been answered quietly by PUSA (emails I sent)so you can't say they're not listening. I'm doing it step by step and I'm having some patients with it. Not everything gets answered but some things are. I sent links to PUSA listing every Pokemon forum I know about. They know. Believe me.

When I did business management I got a manager that I was interviewing for a business management class survey so excited that he just kept on talking and talking while the rest of the students just got vague comments from the managers they interviewed. I know what I'm doing.

I am working on my next task but I am going to be a bit more careful on things here. The next task will be for me to get the Japanese music. I've already sent them one email a while ago and wished them luck and congratulated them. I'm also emailing them about Ash's voice needing a bit more emotion. Though I'm not terribly happy with the email I sent. It seemed more of a rant the more I think about it. I'll keep trying on those for the meantime (I'll restructure the email aswell)until something pleases them to change something for the better. Though I can't promise anything on the music side of things.

I'm keeping an open mind that PUSA might be low in money and too embarrassed to tell anyone. Some people on other forums beleive that if PUSA kept going with 4kids they would have went into debt. Of course it seems to be rumours but it is a possibility. I'm just keeping an open mind I guess.

I have also sent emails with suggestions to PUSA. I have seen the response in the way the show has been going. (Very smart move pointing out forums to them by the way The Power of Pika.) I'm very glad to see fans contacting PUSA with good suggestions, and being open-minded. PUSA really wants to produce the best dub possible, and they appreciate calm, and clear non-accusing, or threatening feedback from fans.

Last edited:

Kuroshi

Well, it seems episodes of the anime are being pulled from YouTube. Of course, mis-informed fans have been laying the blame on Pokémon USA. When infact, it has been the Japanese producers that have been making YouTube remove the Japanese episodes.

YouTube message said:
This video has been removed at the request of copyright owner SHOGAKUKAN PRODUCTION CO., LTD. because its content was used without permission

Things are really getting out of hand here, no? First of all two people from SOVA continue to come in here and make SOVA look worse. And don't try to say you were trying to set us straight, or that PUSA doesn't care. All things point to they 'do' care, its really hard to accept it when all of SOVA is so focused on the Va's. And I'm really glad to know PUSA fixed the little error in MD, that shows alot on there behalf.

Did 4Kids fix the error? Never! To this day when ever that 'trainer choice' comes on, it will continue to be wrong. Hopefully PUSA will delete it or actually fix it.

The change is Swellow's voice was barely noticeable, blow it out of proportion if you wish, but the fact remains true.
quoted for the truth. The change was barely noticable, its funny how some people jabbed PUSA for that. However I wasn't to fond of Corphish, but its nice NewBrock came and listened to us and what we didn't like about it. So when we here Corphish again, I'm pretty confidant it will be better.
have you ever e-mailed 4Kids and gotten a reply? Hell, do the old VA's reply to every single e-mail you send?
I've actually sent emails to 4Kids, but never got a response. The old Vas for the most part 'try' to reply to every single email. A while back me and Veronica would email eachother twice on the weekends, those were real nice emails, to say the least. Ive emailed Eric Stuart countless times, and got one reply saying, 'I don't want to talk about the situation' I guess he wants the girls to do all the fighting for him. I'm actually right now emailing the Va for Officer Jenny, Jamie Davyous.

She's really great to talk to. She seems to be the easiest to get a reply from, since she's a minor character, and not as popular as Veronica or Maddie. All in all SOVA needs to get things straight, because there missing the points. And that will cost them dearly in the end.

Last edited:

Kuroshi

Yes, of all the 'Main 4' VA's Eric Stuart seems to be distancing himself the most from the issue. (Though I've noticed that all the old VA's have been trying to move on.) The writing has always been on the wall that the old VA's would not go to PUSA if approached, but many refuse to see it.

I agree that it is great how PUSA had been responding to fan concerns, and fixing errors. We are really at the beginning of a great time for fans of the Pokémon dub, where fan input is actually a factor instead of completely ignored.

UltaFlame

I'm weird accept it
I agree with sonva here and you know what before I would have sided with Sova here but after just 3-4 hours of watching it the only One I still wish they would get rid of is the new voice of ash. but After reading what has been said here I believe the new VA shall improve and he won't sound like he has a cold all day (in my opinion).

so anyway I would request to join SONVA please for I believe the old ones were good but you know I just need time to adjust to the NEW people cuz theyt are NEW 'nuff said.

so can I join?

where is the SOVA forums? I'd like to check it out. see what goes on there and stuff. by this I mean the Website maybe a link to it cuz that would help alot I would like to now both sides so I can see where they both come from because I seem to notice neither are listening to the other SOVA thinks SONVA is being unfair SONVA thinks SOVA is being immature when neither side pays attention to the other side.

so a last time can I join plz?

UltaFlame

I'm weird accept it
thanks! I hope I can help solve this dispute between SOVA and SONVA because well I dislike hatred and anger and stuff like that. so really where are these 'forums' I heard about? I would like to see them for myself ya know I can't be expected to properly Mediate without knowing both sides. And that really is my main goal here to be a mediator to help solve this dispute between two groups.

Kuroshi

I watched Reversing the Charges, and The Green Gaurdian today, and they were among the best yet. Ash's VA is really coming along in her emotion. Is she keeps improving at this rate, she will make an outstanding Ash.

Status
Not open for further replies.