• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Save Our New Voice Actors (Serebii branch)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Power of Pika

Way Past Cool!!
thanks! I hope I can help solve this dispute between SOVA and SONVA because well I dislike hatred and anger and stuff like that. so really where are these 'forums' I heard about? I would like to see them for myself ya know I can't be expected to properly Mediate without knowing both sides. And that really is my main goal here to be a mediator to help solve this dispute between two groups.

If you want to find SOVA then the easiest way is to type it into search on this forum. It brings them up very easily.
Bulbagarden's a good place to find information aswell. I look at both sides aswell and have tried many alternatives (even before I joined) to calm things down. Nothings worked and only in recent posts I have started to sound angry and that's due to stress.

Good luck on your mission that's all I can say. Though the main problem (from what I know) is that the 4kids VA's have said one thing and PUSA have said things completely different. Some people (SOVA) have chosen to believe the old VA's and others have chosen to believe PUSA. I haven't chosen to beleive anyone only due to that I can think of motives both sides can use to give them an excuse to lie and even then I think it's a complete misunderstanding caused by one statement. Though the truth will never be known unless a CEO comes forth and even then who'd beleive them.

I think the best type of method is to calm the sides down and help people continue with their lives. To respect one another.

You know what, I don't even know why I'm in this crazy war. All I know is that I'm meant to be here. That's what something keeps telling me. I know it's weird but it's not the first time it's happened to me. Something tells me I'm here to calm things down. I have tried to ignore it but whenever I watch a DVD (any sort beleive it or not)and try to forget about the situation it comes in my head that I must go back on the forums and continue what I'm doing. It's weird. I can't explain it.=P

I guess life is strange sometimes. Very unpredictable.

You know I've never said that to anyone before. So yes that's why I'm here. I'm giving tips to SOVA and SONVA though in most cases I tend to support SONVA more. There's mixed feelings I've been having lately but I don't think I'll go into that right now. They're not all good feeling I can say that much.=(

I watched Reversing the Charges, and The Green Gaurdian today, and they were among the best yet. Ash's VA is really coming along in her emotion. Is she keeps improving at this rate, she will make an outstanding Ash.

Has she really improved that much?
I haven't had the time to download any episodes recently to watch but it sounds very promising. Should be interesting to see how good she is when the end of the season comes. I know that's a long way off but by then they should be on track.:)

How's the music going?
Anymore japanese music kept or should I send more emails on it. I'm thinking of sending a few more.

I'm going to start adding in to my emails in getting DVD's with the Japanese language on them. I might send them many examples of anime I enjoy that have English and Japanese track that are for everyone. Maybe mention the Studio Ghibli stuff. I think they're a good example and are very popular. I might think of a few others to list aswell.:)

Last edited:

Kuroshi

I have to agree, I used to be in the middle also. Simply watching, and gathering information on the situation. It was only after looking at everything all lined up that I came to the conclusion that I have. And wish one group driving a message into the fandom, and in many cases going with rumors and half-truths, it was very unbalanced.
It is only right to make sure that people are fully informed on all sides. (Or as informed one can be.)

As far as Ash's VA, yeah she has improved. I think in these last two episodes she has shown the most emotion yet. She still has a little ways to go, but she is not nearly as lifeless as when the season started.

The music ratio was about the same.

I think it is a good idea you have, The Power Of Pika. I have written emails to PUSA regarding Bilingual DVDs myself. I think the more they hear that from fans the better the chances they will consider it. And showing them examples of shows that have successfully done so is a really good idea.

A person posted an idea thread for suggestions to include in their feedback to PUSA.
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=156541

Last edited:
Truth be told everyone doesn't sound that bad at all...the only ones who still need major work are Meowth and Ash, and I mean major work.

UltaFlame

I'm weird accept it
I missed the new eps so I can't post on them and from what i've watched previously, the guy who always says 'remarkable' had a terrible new VA... this is because the new VA sounds to young for him... at least I think so, On his VA I agree with SOVA, but I also agree with SONVA, the former I agree with being that they should get rid of him, the latter I agree with in the sense of he/she will get better as they need him/her more. the reason SOVA's POV comes in is because This character isn't used often at all (only during contests) so yeah...

get my point both sides make good Points but neither choose to truly listen cuz they both seem to be angered at the other but don't realize it.

and btw The Power of Pika I completely get what your saaying happens to me too only here it is saying 'back off your not supposed to be here' to me when I'm indifferent but when I'm angered it says 'GO! GO GET INVOLVED!' so I is confused as the latter is when I'm indifferent and the former when I angered so I confused...

Kuroshi

Truth be told everyone doesn't sound that bad at all...the only ones who still need major work are Meowth and Ash, and I mean major work.

It is true that they need some work. (Which the have been doing) I think a lot of the reaction comes from fans that have been accustomed to the old dub. In this time, I have been looking back at the first English episodes, and Veronica's Ash has some of the same "problems" that this Ash does, and look how far she has come. I trust that as Ash's voice improves those that are truly unbiased will notice how the voice is coming into it's own.

Meowth's only real problem is that Zoppi slips in and out of the voice every now and again. Nothing that won't improve as the season goes on.

The Power of Pika

Way Past Cool!!
Well I've sent the email now with the link of the suggestion thread included to make sure PUSA sees it.^-^

I've been looking at the early episodes too. I remember last year in Australia when the show that showed Pokemon had a change in hands and the Australian worried about if Pokemon was going to be shown. That was interesting that's for sure.

It was a situation where the 2 guys who introduced the show started going on a plea on air and saying to kids to write in to keep them. Little did they know that it wasn't only them being chucked, the whole show was being changed and moved. It was in New South Wales originally and then when the change happened it went to Queensland. I'm still wondering till this day whether they would have moved to Queensland if they had successfully kept their jobs. This happened last year.

Well I went a little off topic there, what I was trying to say that just before the change over the Orange Islands episodes were repeated. Us Australians at the time hadn't seen them for 4 or 5 years since old episodes aren't repeated anymore here. (well episodes that old anyway). At the time there was no DVD's of the Orange Island DVD's either in Australia (they never came out until this year). The first time the DVD's of the Orange Islands were released in Australia was this year. You can see how jibbed Australia was. Well when the Orange Islands episodes went through after so many years of us Australians not seeing it, it came as a shock.

I remember one guy say "Boy Ash's voice was screwed back then". People were saying his voice was too high and saying how releived that he didn't sound like that anymore. At the time before PUSA which was last year anyway.=P

Shows how people improve over time.

Last edited:

Kuroshi

I agree. I can imagine how the fans will be by this time next year, or two years from now. This whole thing is highly reminiscent of the Dragonball Z season 3 change.

Orange_Flaaffy

Jello Pokéballs
I would join this but I'm not too sure about it, I think the new voices are okay and we should not be fighting about it but I did like the old voices alot and do not think the new ones are better.
For one James new voice really needs to work on his crying, the yelling near the end of Baby James did not match the drama that was shown on his face IMHO :(

Meowth's only real problem is that Zoppi slips in and out of the voice every now and again. Nothing that won't improve as the season goes on.

That's my only problem with his Meowth voice the consistancy, he'll dip in and out of his standard Meowth voice, otherwise he's not so bad. Hell they're all not so bad at all, I rather like them.

...except Sarah, she's got to improve a lot ;p.

Kuroshi

I would join this but I'm not too sure about it, I think the new voices are okay and we should not be fighting about it but I did like the old voices alot and do not think the new ones are better.
For one James new voice really needs to work on his crying, the yelling near the end of Baby James did not match the drama that was shown on his face IMHO :(

Maybe, but I'm pretty sure Eric's squealing would have fit the scene just as oddly. Hopefully Zoppi will find that happy medium between the two.

The Power of Pika

Way Past Cool!!
I agree. I can imagine how the fans will be by this time next year, or two years from now. This whole thing is highly reminiscent of the Dragonball Z season 3 change.

According to someone on one forum the Dragon ball Z situation was worse. I wonder what forum he was on at the time it happened.=/

Kuroshi

According to someone on one forum the Dragon ball Z situation was worse. I wonder what forum he was on at the time it happened.=/

Worse? Really? That is hard to imagine. I heard that it was mostly complaining, and maybe a few flamewars. Was there any campaign against the change?

Kuroshi

I want to help SONVA. I'm tired of people complaining about the VAs, when there's really nothing much to complain about.

Are they different? Some yes, some sound the same. Different is not always bad, though. I agree with you.

Respect the old, support the new.

Welcome, Hikozaru.

I agree that complaining is most pointless. The people that have such huge problems with the voices would be better using their energy to offer advice to the new VA's instead of simply whining about them. Maddie herself offered advice and input on how to improve the Corphish voice.

Orange_Flaaffy said:
Well, when all is said and done we don't have any power over the VAs ether way, the only thing we can effect is the fandom veiw really :p

Correct. The voice matter as been pretty much settled.
And the fandom shouldn't be at each other's throats right now. PUSA has been taking fan input to heart we have a chance to actually affect changes in the dub that we never had before. And if not for all the arguing over what can't be changed, we could actually seize it.

The Power of Pika

Way Past Cool!!
Worse? Really? That is hard to imagine. I heard that it was mostly complaining, and maybe a few flamewars. Was there any campaign against the change?

Don't know. He didn't really say much. All he said that he thought the Dragon Ball Z VA situation was way worse than the Pokemon one and that he was going to sit through Pokemon like he did with Dragon Ball Z and not worry about what others think. He really didn't say much.

I haven't found any when searching google so I guess there was either not any (things can seem worse when you first experience it). I bet you if another situation for a different cartoon bigger than Pokemon in the distant future was worse than the Pokemon situation, I bet there'll be people (who experienced the situation for the first time with Pokemon will be saying that the Pokemon situation was worse. He said this when the situation was worse than now and hasn't been on in a while so I just can't find out. Which is a pity. If there were campaigning then they don't see to be around.

Though if you want a situation that had fans complaining about the same things the Pokemon fans are complaining about then type in Sonic Voice actors in google and explore that. (I did that while exploring for information) It's a lot about the game voice replacements. There's actually petitions that are still going. Also if you want to see what Drummond said when that situation started then look at this. A fan posted it. It's so similar it's not funny.
http://www.sonicstadium.org/board/index.php?showtopic=10278

It's stated many times in it that the companies don't care about the fans ect.

I was never part of this situation I have to admit. I wasn't really a Sonic fan at the time. Though reading it, it's Dejavu.=P

I've got nothing much to say except this is not the first time a war like this has happened.

I'm not sure if it'll ever stop either. I'll just work on calming people down and supporting the new VA's I guess. I mean Pokemon USA is listening to a certain extent so I think that's still a positive.:)

Last edited:

Kuroshi

I have watched the Sonic VA situation, and I find it very funny that the exact same things were said about SEGA that are currently being said about Pokémon USA. I do notice one stark contrast, Bryan Drummond never attacked the 4Kids actors, even in his frustration over losing his role, he never called anyone 'cheap imitators'. I agree with you that this proves that this kind of thing has happend before, and it will happen again. The Sonic VA issue isn't even a full year old, and it seems that the fandom has settled.

The Power of Pika

Way Past Cool!!
Yeah that's true. He said the VA's are good. A few fans didn't think so which is a pity. I found a whole petition that went up to 4000 signatures for the Sonic situation but I'm not sure if that ones still going.=P

At least it's good to hear that the majority of them have calmed down. Maybe Pokemon will eventually calm down aswell. Hopefully.

Australia's getting some nice things.

Australia started advertising the trading figure game (years since I've seen those sorts of ads on toys other that Mac Donalds)
Pokemon tour
Season 6 DVD's finally finished coming out in australia (hopefully season 7 follows)
Nintendo Australia is going to talk to Magna Pacific about movie 6 and 7 for Australia (Looks like PUSA is close to Nintendo when it comes to the anime since now Nintendo Australia is in some control for the Australian market when it comes to the DVD's. Which means more pressure on the DVD companies. No more DVD companies goofing off here like when 4kids were in control. 4kids were in America so the DVD companies here did what they felt like eg. Beauna Vista didn't think it was worth bringing out movie 6 and 7 to Australia as information has revealed a few weeks ago.)
The future looking great for Australia. There may not have been much things airing when it comes to PUSA in Australia except for Mastermind and Mystery Dungeon (I've got to watch everything on the net to keep up) but I have seen massive improvement in the merchandising.

I'll just say this much when it comes to DVD's PUSA did buy the merchandising rights of the cartoons and toys from 4kids aswell and it's good to see how that's improved aswell. (PUSA name is on everything of ours it's just they're using Nintendo Australia as a helper in advertising I guess. When it comes to Australia anyway.)

I think if everyone just focuses on the positives then they may not be so stressed. It might settle the arguing faster if everyone did this.:)

Problem is not many people will. Is it just me or has some people developed Ash's stubborn personality. Oh well.=P

I might email PUSA again. I'm not sure what I'll say yet. Probably some of the same things.=P

Do you guys know how many episodes PUSA have dubbed so far. The last time I heard it was 10 and that was quite a few weeks ago and I've forgotten how many weeks ago it was mentioned.=P

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.