• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Save the stray Hippopatas.speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokemaster95

King of pirates
Will change tittle.

Well From what we know J is in this eppy and Ash might be getting a pokemon.Speculate.Again will change title.

-Starly-

Brain Damage
I don't think this is the Hunter J episode =/

Anyway, preview is up at PM.net, and the Sinnoh Now crew RETURNS! This episode is full of win already.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Uh...J is in the next episode. Not this one. The TV crew returns here, though, and it looks like the woman reporter is fed up with being hit with the boom mic.

Ash is seen with Hippowhatever quite a bit in the preview, so with that, I shall cut the red tape to allow the wild and uncontrolled speculation of the thing's capture to begin.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Hippopotter looks friggen adorable. See? The in thing is to mispell the name, since even the TC can't spell it right...although, well, no surprise there.

And my capture meter is reading a Positive +10...er...yeah.

Last edited:

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
^I'm not gonna hold my breath for it to be cuaght, it doesn't look that intresting to me at all, and i still don't see why they would give him a "child" one if he did catch it, what's wrong with a normal one?

FireFalcon

hear 'm roar
hippotas looks good, we'll just have to wait and see if ash is going to catch it or not.

Ivancapp

I want u Ursaring!!.
It also seems dawn may get it, since her buizel saved it once and she kinda tried to nurse hippo, but its very hard to figure it out now, Ash, Brock and Dawn have tried something to save it, so, its hard to decide who gets it, if any1 gets it to start with.

That was "some" YAWNNNNNNNNNN by hippo. :) :D

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
So far nobody has spelled Hippopothead's name correctly. Makes you wonder why NOA kept its romanized name in the first place.
^I'm not gonna hold my breath for it to be cuaght, it doesn't look that intresting to me at all, and i still don't see why they would give him a "child" one if he did catch it, what's wrong with a normal one?
These writers LOVE baby and child Pokemon. (Although I'm not quite sure what classifies this thing as a "child") Yawning seems to be its primary characteristic, so if it does get caught, I've got my money on the new recurring gag being Hippopotty putting Ash to sleep.

EDIT: I love this thing's Pokedex entry:
"Instead of perspiration, it expels grainy sand from its body."
SANDY SWEAT. This is something we NEED to see. It'll teach kids about puberty.

Last edited:

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
After watching the preview again it does seem that most of the interaction between Ash and it seems to occur around one single point, again I wouldn't hold my breath for it to be caught.

Last edited:

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
It's got that whole goofy look though that makes it lovable. You're a heartless jerk for not liking it.

I mispell it as a joke, but it's Hippo-po-tas. Not that difficult folks.

Ivancapp

I want u Ursaring!!.
So far nobody has spelled Hippopothead's name correctly. Makes you wonder why NOA kept its romanized name in the first place.

These writers LOVE baby and child Pokemon. (Although I'm not quite sure what classifies this thing as a "child") Yawning seems to be its primary characteristic, so if it does get caught, I've got my money on the new recurring gag being Hippopotty putting Ash to sleep.

EDIT: I love this thing's Pokedex entry:
"Instead of perspiration, it expels grainy sand from its body."
SANDY SWEAT. This is something we NEED to see. It'll teach kids about puberty.

It would be cool, it would be like Ash's charmeleon, but quite opposite, instead of hoppo going to sleep, Ash goes to sleep, it would be ok if he catches it, i miss jigglipuff, may be it will another 1 of it.

pokemaster95

King of pirates
oh sry I got J mixed up.My Hippo.God id Fabulase this will be a great capture for Ash.my first speculation.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Speaking of mispelled words...ouch. Or grammar. Or...sentence structure. Or basically...basically normal levels of human thought processing, I think that post lacked generally everything.

pokemaster95

King of pirates
Yes I was in Hurry sry.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
If not be caught, it's only another random pkm. If Ash catch it, fine, if not, fine too. But could be another baby pkm searching for its mommy. I will like for News crew return.

Jikkle

Volcano Trainer
Well if it wasn't for the title than I would say Ash would probably most likely capture it.

Sounds like one of those find the deadbeat parents type of episode to me.

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
I lol'd at Dawn getting hit by the Yawn bubble. She looked so cute.
Her Buizel is either a little cruel or not thinking properly though, jumping into the water with a friggin' Ground-type in its arms XD Especially cause the poor thing seems to fall into the water for a SECOND time later. Uh-oh..

While I already said that I'm not pro-capture, I'm not completely contra either - not anymore, that is. Because dang...that Hippo really is cute. I had already softened up to it a little when I finally saw one in the game some time ago, but its anime form takes the cake. Ickle-di-tickle!

I wonder if it's just a Swablu-esque episode though. 'Cause according to the preview narration, the group is intending to bring it back to its family.

ShadowDragon16

For the love of god, not another Swablu episode. Ash seems to be bonding with that little Pokemon, everytime I saw it it was either alone or with Ash. Buizel has got to be an Idiot, hes all tough and no brains, just like Ash. XD

if it is a Family episode, i bet that Hippopotas will run back to Ash, or not, but I really want him to capture it, its cute and it seems Ash and hippopotas get along.

Status
Not open for further replies.