• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Saved By The Beldum! (403)

M

Master of Chaos

Sounds like Masamune has a pretty good team.

I hate not getting episodes before everyone knows what happened already.

I thought it was pretty obvious Misty wasn't gonna show up, I mean what was she gonna do, leave the gym to her sisters and then at the end of the league go back since they can't handle it themselves? Even though they would have to be runnning it the entire league?(Yes I do realize she's done that before, but... ah nevermind. It'll be good to see her again even if it is a 1 sec. cameo. Plus I still have hope that when Ash is in trouble in the league they might do a quick shot of Misty looking worried. If they do that they'll show Delia looking worried too, yay!)*

Anyway, even though Tetsuya's Meowth has knocked out the opponent Persian in the preliminaries, it still wanted to beat up the unconscious Persian that Tetsuya had to recall it.
Good...good...
We need some more characters with psychological problems, it makes the anime more interesting.

Ash again lights the main League totch, with Professor Oak, Delia, Tracey, Misty, Norman, and Caroline watching on TV.
What, did Goodshow select him or did some weird thing happen and he had to light it because someone got hurt or something? And what, Birch can't watch? Guess he's not too interested since Ash is just a friend of one of the pokemon trainers he gave a pokemon to.

Can't wait to see this ep.

*sad, sad attempt to disguise comment on the controversial girl in the middle of a decent-sized post to try and avoid this thread turning into a Misty thread yet still voicing my own opinion. Of course it didn't work, but whatever.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Anyone finding it really neat that Norman and Caroline are watching Ash? I didn't really expect that, but I guess since he's been traveling with their children for so long they're really interested.

S

sCiZoR

I found that interesting, too. Maybe Ash stood out to Norman as a Trainer (besides the fact that he's traveling with two of his kids), so he decided to check him out.

OR, maybe the various Gym Leaders watch the League battles whenever they're being shown. All valid ideas.

I'm still stuck on how Misty got a brief cameo. I thought that was cool.

And, Prof. Oak returns at the end of the episode to give some information about the Houen League (the same as he did back with the Jhoto League episodes). Question, though: did he do the same thing for the Indigo League episodes way back when?

Alfonso

Derpgull
^

I just hope we get to see certain other Gym Leaders watching the League. I'm sure everyone knows who I'd love to see in her classroom, totally naked.

Naked as in the little-known Greek word for 'Watching the Pokemon League in the Classroom' sense. :3

Or Brawly, with Caden and Shauna. *nods* Oos agrees with me.

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
They probably felt it was fitting that all Hoenn based characters were present for the main attraction - i.e. the tournament. A cameo for Misty's good, I wasn't even expecting her to turn up. Did she say anything out of interest?

I'm glad also that Goodshow's back and that Ash carries the torch like usual, it's nice to see tradition being kept.

Alfonso

Derpgull
Sharpshooter said:
They probably felt it was fitting that all Hoenn based characters were present for the main attraction - i.e. the tournament. A cameo for Misty's good, I wasn't even expecting her to turn up. Did she say anything out of interest?

I'm glad also that Goodshow's back and that Ash carries the torch like usual, it's nice to see tradition being kept.

The fact that she was simply watching it on TV suggests that she didn't say anything. Characters that do that *never* say anything. EVER. (Norman apprantly lost his voice while watching his daughter in the Grand Festival.)

Flamez

Elite 4 Champion
So Ash's mom and Prof. Oak were watching on tv. I thought they would be there in person, o well maybe they'll show up later.

Man that meowth was beating up the persian after it won. lol thats crazy. ( i can picture it).

Off topic: Golden Darkness i sent you 2 messages but u havent responded to them, maybe u didn't recieve it but can u plz check it and get back to me. thanx.

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
Alfonso said:
The fact that she was simply watching it on TV suggests that she didn't say anything. Characters that do that *never* say anything. EVER. (Norman apprantly lost his voice while watching his daughter in the Grand Festival.)

That's not directly true, Delia watched Ash battle against Mandy in the "Round 1 - Begin!" at Professor Oak's laboratory. Feel free to correct me here but I think Ash's mom said something around the lines of "My Ash" as she wept. Not much but still something.

Last edited:

JazzJazz

Sharpshooter said:

Was there anything said about Ash carrying the torch twice before?

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Misty looks like she put on weight, her face is so... "full". Maybe it's just the different team of animators, but she looked much better in that Luvdisc Hoso then she looks here. Then again it could just be the odd camera angle with her head twisted like that.

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
Where is she watching it? Petalburg with Caroline and Norman?

I wish they'd keep her clothes from the luvdisc episode, they're much better than the Mirage Island ones.

Last edited:

Alfonso

Derpgull
Sharpshooter said:
Where is she watching it? Petalburg with Caroline and Norman?

I wish they'd keep her clothes from the luvdisc episode, they're much better than the Mirage Island ones.

...Why would she be watching with Norman and Caroline? o.o;

It looks like she's watching from her bedroom, or something. :3

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
Alfonso said:
...Why would she be watching with Norman and Caroline? o.o;

Golden Darkness said:
Ash again lights the main League totch, with Professor Oak, Delia, Tracey, Misty, Norman, and Caroline watching on TV. Misty was wearing the outfit she wore during the Togepi/Mirage Kingdom episodes.

Dunno that post seem to make me think they were all watching it together for some reason.

If that is her tv screen - it looks neat :p

T

The Mighty Moltres

Misty's watching the Hoenn League, huh? I guess it was obvious she would, I just never actually thought about it. So a lot went on, but not much happened? I guess that makes sense. I do hope we get to see Metang do more then just Take Down and Psychic, I think Metal Claw would be awesome to see it use. All-in-all, the Hoenn League's looking good. I can't wait until we find out more of the actual set-up of the Hoenn League (Kanto League involved various type fields; Johto League involved starting with round-robin matches). I always find that interesting.

S

sCiZoR

Well, as of this episode, Satoshi, Masumane and Tetsuya (sp) all made it out of the preliminary rounds, I think. The semi-finals are most-likely based on double battles. The finals will probably be traditional 6 VS 6 matches like the other leagues. Since we basically saw Masumane's team, we can safely assume Ash makes it to the finals to face him....

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Hmm, it seems that Meowth was very touched by the story of Meowth in Boots. At leats judging form a pic I saw. He also was most liekly cheering for MIB against that Persian.

Hey, MIB, haha!

Anyway, I am pretty sure Metang learned Confusion, like it does when it evolves from Beldum.

Does Ele still have his "Bwabwabwabwa" voice from the olden days?

And anyone have a pic of Gligar, no pics of this episode have I seen with him in it.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
-So they air leagues on TV, even in different regions, which makes sense, and I guess they don't all go on at the same time...
-It does make sense for Gym Leaders to watch the League; after all, the trainers there had to beat the Leaders to get that far!
-The animators once again remind us that Tracey didn't fall off the face of the earth. Misty...eh, I guess that they had to do SOMETHING to please the fanboys.
-...hmm, almost no discussion of the actual battles. And I'm guessing that those took more of the episode than the cameos did...

Alfonso

Derpgull
Juputoru said:
-So they air leagues on TV, even in different regions, which makes sense, and I guess they don't all go on at the same time...
-It does make sense for Gym Leaders to watch the League; after all, the trainers there had to beat the Leaders to get that far!
-The animators once again remind us that Tracey didn't fall off the face of the earth. Misty...eh, I guess that they had to do SOMETHING to please the fanboys.
-...hmm, almost no discussion of the actual battles. And I'm guessing that those took more of the episode than the cameos did...

Then where, may I ask, was Roxanne and Brawly? XD Roxanne needed to appear watching with her students, and Brawly, with Shauna and Caden.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
WHo in the world is Caden, may I ask.

I heard somewhere that Masamune makes a Pun out of Glalie and a Rice Ball, anyone got like, the pun?

BTW, I finnaly drew Glalie perfectly today, without looking at a pic of it! Yay me!

EDIT: Did anyone notcie Corphish had on the White bow thing (A la, the one Max gave to that Shroomish) when it was stretching with Ash's other members, well a pic of the Pikachu Summer Festival shows him wearing it too!

Last edited: