• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Saved By The Beldum! (403)

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
Heracross said:
Side note: did anyone else think the girl with the Persian (I think her name was Yuriko or something) was really cute? Because I did.XP Guess you can tell since I went to the trouble of making a picture of her.:p
Hmmm...she does kinda remind me of Hoshika with pigtails. Or am I insane?

About this episode, I quite liked it. Masamune's team is actually pretty cool. But what I didn't like was the Pikachu and Hitmonlee Battle was FAR too short. Hell, even Masamune got a more intense, longer battle with a Take-Downing slab of iron :/ Speaking of such, Metang is pretty awesome...and that's coming from a Metagross Line hater.

Another thing, why the eff are there so many Kanto Pokemon?! In this episode alone, we've seen Electabuzz, Hitmonlee, Persian in important battles, and Venonat, Golduck, Nidoking, Machamp, and Scyther in random battles. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Oak say that Ash using his older team would give him an advantage as they're rarer in Hoenn? Because it doesn't seem like it -.-o

£añkaÑ

~Thîrûttû R⚢âl~
Torkoal Stu said:
yes it would! But Torkoal has already battled a steelix when it was captured.

yes...true...that's the MAIN POINT...TORKOAL will get a chance to face an RIVAL as it may not be the SAME ONE...but still is a STEELIX...

and that'll maybe TORKOAL: 2 STEELIX:0...

lol

V Faction

www.faction.com
Kawaiiest.Combusken said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Oak say that Ash using his older team would give him an advantage as they're rarer in Hoenn? Because it doesn't seem like it -.-o
Don't you see? All the other Trainers' Professors told them the same exact thing, so they ALL went out and got their Kanto Pokemon!

Or.. It could be just for fan reasons. They love the Kanto Pokies after all.

Zoramon089

Rising Trainer
I guess I was right then. Didn't they also do a pun with ember and mushroom, I forgot the name though

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
I've just seen this ep, and I liked it quite much. This scene where Tetsuya's Meowth wanted to attack the already fainted Persian was incredibly awesome. Okay, don't get me wrong^^ It's not the fact that I wanted Persian to be attacked, it's just that it's very rare that something like hatred and bitterness is shown that way.
Although Tetsuya irritates me, his Meowth is really cool indeed^^

Now to the other happenings.. Masamune's battle was good, I kinda liked the boy with the Electabuzz, he looked funny xD
I have no problem with the shortness of Ash's match, it just showed that his opponent didn't train his Hitmonlee that well or that he just had bad luck ^^
In my opinion, it would look rather unrealistic if all battles look as though both competitors are almost equal.
About the drawing-style...Masamune looked strange sometimes, but I can live with it =) Good episode overall!

Last edited:
T

~Toshi~

Really good episode. But what was with the random "Misty watching the competiton" clip at the very end when Ash was carrying the torch?

Maybe Misty will show up during the competition?

RaikousThunder

Poison Tail!!
From the pics it looked like a really cool ep. Masamune has a cool team of pokemon. His last badge was kinda plain yet neat looking. Its good to see Gligar and Girafarig get more screentime. Growlithe and Steelix have had enoung i think. Swampert and Metang definetly need more screen time. So what is up with the Meowth in Boots? It always look angry. Can it talk like TR's Meowth or does it just say its name. It seems like it should talk to me. Its a cool Meowth but its too full of angst. I can't wait to see more of Tetsuya in action. I really like Tetsuya and Masamune. They seem like cool characters.

Off topic i saw some people talking about characters that have made appearences in random episodes. The dude with the Surskit in th Izabe Island contest(I think thats the one) looks just like the guy who owned the Poliwrath in the episode where misty's Poliwhirl evolved into Politoed.

Don't you see? All the other Trainers' Professors told them the same exact thing, so they ALL went out and got their Kanto Pokemon!

LOL, good one!

I just wanna add that the guy with the Electabuzz looked ugly as hell. The girl with the Persian was cute, too bad her pokemon was beaten to a pulp.

TeddiUrsa

The Electabuzz-guy looked like Lysop ( Ussop ??) from One Piece..his lips,his hair, his bandana thingie..too bad he didn´t have a long nose

Alfonso

Derpgull
...Funny how everyone is saying the Electabuzz dude is ugly, when I suspect he's supposed to be black. I mean, his outfit, hat, hair and... totally inappropiate HUGE lips all point to him being so. o.o;

Also, his voice was totally out of sync with his lip movements. Strange.

Moving on...

*_*

The girl with the Persian (Does she have a name? *goes to check credits*) was frikking cute. :3 Hot as hell, actually. And those adorable knee-high socks! I love her. <3

Edit: Ah! Found the name for her. Yuriko. How pretty. *o*

Last edited:

Heracross

Custom User Title
Alfonso said:
The girl with the Persian (Does she have a name? *goes to check credits*) was frikking cute. :3 Hot as hell, actually. And those adorable knee-high socks! I love her. <3
Hey, I saw her first, she's mine! :p

F

Factory Head Noland

I just watched this episode.

What was up with the Electabuzz trainer's lips?! They were 00ber weird...

I quite like Masamune's team, we haven't seen some of those Pokemon for quite a while but what I did notice is his Steelix is a little smaller than the other Steelix's that we have encountered so far.
I can't wait to see his Gligar battle, we haven't seen a real battle with a Gligar. It sure is a cool Pokemon and now there is his Metang.
I like Masamune's Swampert aswell, it would make a good opponent for Grovyle.

Overall: 8.1/10
Exciting episode when it came to the battles, we saw Masamune's team of 6 and it is a great intro to the Hoenn League.

E

Ethereal

I saw this ep a few hours ago...Good, if not run-of-the-mill Prelim. ep.

Just two things worth noting...

-WTF were up with Electabuzz's trainer's lips? o_O

-Is it just me, or did Metang look a little.....um...off...to you guys? I thought it looked a bit weird.

Does anyone else think that the anime makes the pokemon from the games much better-looking?

Except for some exceptions (nosepass), the anime makes supposedly ugly pokemon like Mawile, and Swampert much cooler looking. I just hope it does the same for Sceptile when it appears.

S

sCiZoR

Alfonso said:
...Funny how everyone is saying the Electabuzz dude is ugly, when I suspect he's supposed to be black. I mean, his outfit, hat, hair and... totally inappropiate HUGE lips all point to him being so. o.o;

Also, his voice was totally out of sync with his lip movements. Strange.

Kinda took offense to that one, being African-American myself. Characters in Pokemon don't have specific "races", they just have facial features that set them apart.

---

Metang kicked butt as soon as it evolved, knocking Electabuzz out with the same Take Down that it was struggling to use as Beldum. Matter fact, the way it performed Take Down was kinda cool - locking in its arms like a mecha or something. Personally, I thought we were gonna be introduced to Beldum and Metang as wild Pokemon, not a Trainer's.

And HELL YEAH, Tet's opponent in the Prelim's was fine! Persian suited her to a tee, too. I wish we could see more of her past this episode, but it's truly doubtful.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alfonso

Derpgull
sCiZoR said:
Kinda took offense to that one, being African-American myself. Characters in Pokemon don't have specific "races", they just have facial features that set them apart.

---

Metang kicked butt as soon as it evolved, knocking Electabuzz out with the same Take Down that it was struggling to use as Beldum. Matter fact, the way it performed Take Down was kinda cool - locking in its arms like a mecha or something. Personally, I thought we were gonna be introduced to Beldum and Metang as wild Pokemon, not a Trainer's.

And HELL YEAH, Tet's opponent in the Prelim's was fine! Persian suited her to a tee, too. I wish we could see more of her past this episode, but it's truly doubtful.

No, no... you misunderstand. I meant the hair, outfit and lips point to him being black because that tends to be what animators and such in anime use to 'push the point' so to speak. They don't seem to be able to get past those crappy stereotypes of the big lips and such. :p I seriously didn't mean for you to take offense at my post.

I recall, there's a character in Shaman King that shares the same facial features as this guy. Why not just give them a darker colour of skin? o.o

Edit: Oh, you also like Yu-chan, do you? :3 For yours, and everyone else who think she was the real highlight of this episode, I made an MSN Icon:

Yuriko

XD

Last edited:

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Well, even know Chocolove (The Shaman King Guy) has big lips, its not like he is a big loser or anything.

And Jump, as I think the Electabuzz guy was named wasn't black, he looked more Jamacian to me. He was pretty funny though!

Pikachu

NW Tourney Winner

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Yep, we've finally seeing those "other" badges outside of the game GYMS, something we haven't seen since the 1st season.