• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Saved By The Beldum! (403)

Oh yeah i always confuse them.But seeing a Beldum evolve then confusion and take down knocking out a electabuzz. :p i loved MIB(Meowth,In,Boots) battle.

While Persian battled MIB it sounded like (at least to me) that MIB was yelling in english.

And Jump's terrible voice. AGH my ears are still in pain from 10 hours ago!
I've figured it out--he's voiced by the same guy who does One Piece's Usopp! That makes complete sense IMO: Jump=Shonen Jump=One Piece=Usopp! Dogasu might have to write that down, if 4Kids did figure it out! I'm so good it scares me...

G

Geki

I loved this episode. Morrison and Ash battled in some really tough battles, and I like Meowth's story that Tyson gave. Jump was cool too.

10/10

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
All right, let me make sure I've got these dub names correct:
Jump = Not given
Yuriko = Vivika
Garon = Gaven
Genki = Gilbert
Tomono = Thomas

I predicted Thomas correctly, but Vivika? That's a weird one.

I guess we'll just continue to refer to Jump as Jump, then. Indeed, his voice was one of, if not the worst human voice in the dub's history. It's a very good thing he didn't have any more than 4 minutes dedicated to him.

I still miss Hitmonlee's Indigo voice...

Last edited:

Kabuto

little punks!
Jump IS cool but his dub voice is like nails on a squeaky chalkboard. I like Hitmonlee's voice. Also glad Electabuzz got its old voice back.

Medea

Excalibur
I'm not going to go into the rice-ball factor!

But not a bad episode. I did enjoy the Ash/Masamune together-ness! The two block-heads belong together. And of course I enjoy the whole Meowth-in-boots! But more importantly, I got to see...

ONE SECOND OF TRACEY!

So for the most part, it was an okay episode.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Shining Suikun said:
All right, let me make sure I've got these dub names correct:
Jump = Not given
Yuriko = Vivika
Garon = Gaven
Genki = Gilbert
Tomono = Thomas

I predicted Thomas correctly, but Vivika? That's a weird one.
????

Where are you pulling some of these names from? Tomono's name is Dominic. Yuriko is Vivica. Garon is Gavin. And as far as I could tell, Genki was not given a name.

Silver Ryu

~Aqua Dragon~
OK, here's my notes from the episdode...

~He has nice Pokemon.
~Heh, trademark is right.
~Love that Meowth's voice. Morrison, on the other hand...
~That's one ugly trainer...(the one that was bugging Team Rocket)
~Ugh...sweeter than a candy cane?
~Whaddya know, another Meowth that hates Persians.
~Water Pulse, huh? Good idea!
~The drama!
~Should have taken advantage of its hurt leg.

Hitmonlee is one weird Pokemon...0_o Reminds me of something else, but I can't quite remember what. Cool that we got to see Beldum evolve.

♥Princess Ketchum♥

#1 Ash Satoshi Lover
Was a awsome episode XD Cant wait for more

asia_catdog_blue

Fog Trainer
I woludn't have expected someone to really make a reference to the games(Hitmonlee's Hi-Jump Kick missing) And was Tyson's Meowth in boots trying to kill that Persian?

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was pretty good. Morrison getting frozen in the beginning was funny. The Tentacruel in the TC didn't sound right. Metang was awesome. The guy with the Electabuzz was annoying and sounded worse than Morrison. I felt so bad for Meowth in Boots when Tyson first saw him. A couple of questions though.
1. Did anyone catch the info on how long ago Tyson caught Meowth in Boots? If it was awhile back, shouldn't its wounds have healed by now so it doesn't have to wear the boots anymore?
2. During Ash's battle with Hitmonlee, Max commented on how Ash wasn't using any electric attacks on Hitmonlee. Could Max have been hinting about Hitmonlee's LIMBER ability?

The Phantom Thief

This was an awesome episode. Ash and Morrison's battles were great. I was always a big fan of the league epiosdes. Can't wait for the next 2 episodes. 10/10

Geodude

WaterDragon trainer said:
1. Did anyone catch the info on how long ago Tyson caught Meowth in Boots? If it was awhile back, shouldn't its wounds have healed by now so it doesn't have to wear the boots anymore?
Apparently, but think about it. The boots aren't the only thing it wears. Its hat and scarf/kerchief thingy have nothing to do with its injuries, apparently, so maybe it kept wearing the boots because it liked them, and completed the outfit with the hat and scarf.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
V Faction said:
????

Where are you pulling some of these names from? Tomono's name is Dominic. Yuriko is Vivica. Garon is Gavin. And as far as I could tell, Genki was not given a name.
Yes, that's what I said Yuriko's and Garon's names were. I just spelled them slightly differently, as in a one-letter difference. Tomono I may have misheard. The vacuum cleaner was on during the episode. And I am 99% positive Genki's name was announced, just like I am 99% sure Jump was NOT given a name.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
I'm sure somebody mentioned this already, but here I go (paraphrased):

Max: Wow, this stadium is BIG!
Ash: Speaking of big, I wonder if Morrison's registered yet?

I was definitely lmao at that. I don't remember the last time I laughed that hard at a joke in Pokemon. The only problem I had was that it was kinda out of character of Ash to make a random insult like that, but it was so funny I don't care.

Anyway, things got rolling nicely. Preliminaries being all in one episode's kinda rushed, but since it's ONLY the preliminaries I won't complain (they were all in one episode in Johto, and Kanto didn't even have them IIRC).

Ever since I saw a spoiler pic of that one guy who battled Morrison (the guy with the Electabuzz), I knew he'd be an interesting character. I'm only disappointed that he had to have such a short airtime in the show. I'd love it if he were more important... his voice was funny as hell, and the way he acted, and everything. XD "Okay okay okay, what's this?!"

The guy's Electabuzz had a dub voice, the first time ever I believe. I wonder why, though?

Was this the episode with Meowth-in-Boots' fight? Whatever, I'll talk about it here. It's past was eerily similar to TR Meowth's past. I mean, watching that Persian slashing it brought up memories of the Persian that beat up TR Meowth way back. Oh, and now that I think about it, I think Meowth-in-Boots' VA may actually be the same as TR Meowth, unlike what I said in a previous episode review thread. I'm still not sure though.

Hilarious episode. 8/10.

PDL

disenchanted
I happened to like Jump's dub voice... combination of a Stoner and Homestar Runner (a winner in my book)

anyway, those were very solid battles... even if they were kinda rushed...