1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Saved By The Beldum! (403)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Advanced Battle' started by Serebii, Apr 29, 2005.

1. Pokemon Fan

Pokemon Fan Knuckle Trainer

We're basically saying the same thing, just focusing on different sides. Brock's point was that simply being an evolved form doesn't mean that the unevolved form will lose to it, it depends on the relative training and the individual pokemon. That's why he said evolution is more complicated than "higher form trumps lower form every time." Tyson's Meowth long ago passed the experience level needed to evolve and thus has far exceeded a normal Meowth's strength, enabling it to defeat even a skilled Persian. Of course this Meowth would be even stronger evolved but that's not the point. After all, any pokemon gets stronger when it evolves (except a Lightball-equipped Pikachu in the games, which loses substantial power as a Raichu but gains in all the other stats).

2. Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior Well-Known Member

I'm watching the dub of this ep on the internet, and what is up with Tyson and his Meowth's voices? I mean, especially his Meowths!

and the whole Meowth and Persian story was touching! now we have two meowths that hate persians!

and Metang's dub voice sounds like Lucario's jap voice

3. Gravy

Gravy Contaminated KFC

Metang's voice wasn't dubbed over.

...yeah, this isn't one of my best posts, eh folks?

4. water types rule

water types rule Well-Known Member

I still don't understand why Shadow Ball hit Persian and Meowth in certain parts of the episode, Ghost moves should have no effect whatsoever.

5. Rudoku

Rudoku Your mom

Meowth seems to be the only normal type pokemon that gets hit with Shadow Ball. It shouldn't, but the writers dug theirselves into that pit.

6. Gravy

Gravy Contaminated KFC

I think Pokémon Fan put it best when he said:
    And I have to agree.

7. Kamex

Kamex Team Rocket's rockin

They just figured ghosts can't tough 'normal' people or Pokemon, their hand or whatever goes right through them, and vice versa. But just like other type advantages and disadvantages, there are exceptions that make the rule senseless.

8. Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior Well-Known Member

well, I never saw the origonal so I didn't know.... And I didn't even know they had the same name!

anyway... Tyson's voice seems too deep... way to deep

9. Joe

Joe Lost Fan #4815162342

Masamune sounded like someone off South Park. >_>; Oh my God, it was horrible. I was almost expecting him to start going swear-crazy.

On a different note, Meowth in Boots rocks. And I'd never seen Water Pulse in the anime before, but I really liked it here. 0o Looked kinda like a shockwave.

10. You mean Cartman? You're kinda right there...:p

11. Aptenodytes

Aptenodytes Well-Known Member

Masamune was scary. I expected him to sound more... well normal. Tyson was okay, but his Meowth had a hoarse sounding voice...

12. Phosphate

Phosphate N/a

Masamune has Anger problems; or at least yelling problems. And this episode was another example of a miracle evolution-Beldum --> Metang. How many times must this go on in a Pokemon Anime episode?

13. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

Does it matter? Pokemon evolving during battles *should* be expected sometimes, there's nothing against it.

14. Heracross

Heracross Custom User Title

It's not even that common, really. :/

15. Ashy Boy

Ashy Boy Paul's #1 Rival

I hate the ep because of Team Rocket

16. Jeff Zero

Jeff Zero Well-Known Member

Oh gosh yes! One of the cutest Pokemon girls ever! (and yes, her name was Yuriko in the Japanese version, and Vivica in the dub)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2006
  17. C.J. Ray

C.J. Ray I wanted Shaymin! :(

You forgot that in the Pacifidlog contest, that Jacob's Houndoom used Shadow Ball on Skitty and it hit. Likewise, waaaay back in Ecruteak Gym, Morty's Gastly used Lick and it hit Noctowl, which is part normal.

Great episode.

18. Jeff Zero

Jeff Zero Well-Known Member

I have to wonder if the creators even KNOW that Shadow Ball is a Ghost-type attack and thus doesn't work on normal-types. It's one of those attacks that EVERYONE has, like Iron Tail and Hyper Beam. The reason why is they're so easy to incorporate into the show. I remember playing Stadium 2 with my brother this summer, and he hasn't played a Pokemon game in years, and in one of our battles he used Shadow Ball since he knew it from the show and didn't know it wouldn't work on the Pokemon I was using (who no doubt was a normal type). Actually, he'd never played Gold or Silver either so there were a lot of attacks that he had no idea what they did.

19. Battra

Battra Well-Known Member

A good episode the battles were ok to watch but I think the one that impressed me the most was Tyson and Meowth's battle. I couldn't figure out who was more annoying in Morrison's battle him or his opponent. Nice to see TR actually doing some honest work for once, and lastly nice to see Ashes friends and family watching him on television even if they couldn't make it to the competition.

20. flyboy1308

flyboy1308 Coming Ta Town

I liked Tyson's Meowth in this episode.