• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Saved By The Beldum! (403)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Saved By The Beldum!

It's the Preliminaries in the Hoenn League. Ash is facing some tough battles against Fighting type Pokémon. Morrison is up against electric types and Tyson on the other hand has his own tough battles when his Meowth must battle an opponent's Persian. Will the 3 Rivals get through the league?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
So they did team up for a 2 on 2 battle, and people thought I was crazy. And Beldum did evolve I heard, I guess my fake summary was partially right.

Any Team Rocket action, and I hope we see pics soon, it sounds like a good way to start the league. And I wonder if any cameo appearances by Delila, or someone.

This episode sounds interesting, hmm... I heard from somehwere that Beldum will beat the Elctabuzz and evolve. Massamune also has a sweet team, but that Steelix of his is gonna annoy me. I am surely looking forward for a short summary of this episode.

Why does everyone seem to know exactly what went on in this episode if the pics are not yet up?

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
From japanese message boards,with people who actually saw the episode.

Hmm, for some reason the thing about the double battle with ash and masamune is gone from Serebii's little summary. Got my hopes up too high....

Alfonso

Derpgull
Infinite Master Sceptile said:
Why does everyone seem to know exactly what went on in this episode if the pics are not yet up?

...Where have you been for the last several years? It's called having someone who knows Japanese to go to the Pokeani forums for the episode details. :3 And then, from them, the news spreads.

Alfonso said:
...Where have you been for the last several years? It's called having someone who knows Japanese to go to the Pokeani forums for the episode details. :3 And then, from them, the news spreads.

Thank you. You've saved me some time and energy.

Anyways, I heard that Gligar, Girafarig, Growlithe, Steelix, Swampert and Beldum (evolved into Metang) is Massamune's team. But I am sure that many people know this. Only Porygon2, Sceptile and Tropius left to be debuted in the anime. I think I heard that Tropius will be in a double battles with Swalot.
Ash will use Corphish and Torkoal VS his opponent with Tropius and Swalot. Also again, I am sure you guys already know this too...

T

The Mighty Moltres

I think this episode looks interesting. I'm still not too fond of Masamune & Tetsuya being Ash's main rivals, but I'm willing to give them a chance. As long as we get to see some cool Pokemon, some new attacks, and some awesome battles from the Hoenn League, I'll be happy, I guess. Let's just keep our fingers crossed!

AmeldaS

Soul Trainer
I heard Misty appeared in the episode!

Also Oak and Delia!

Anyone can confirme this?!

oh dear god, please, not Misty. I hate to hear the fangirls/guys of Misty coming and going all nuts and all.

I have yet to see the episode or the picture on serebii for that matter.

Celebii

Rose > your mom
Yes.. After seeing the pics for the episode on another pokemon site, I can confirm that misty indeed appeared in this episode. But not in the way you are thinking. They showed her in front of a television watching the league ;o.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Celebii said:
Yes.. After seeing the pics for the episode on another pokemon site, I can confirm that misty indeed appeared in this episode. But not in the way you are thinking. They showed her in front of a television watching the league ;o.

Was she wearing the same outfit as the one from the Luvdisc Hoso? Just curious.

::need pics::

JazzJazz

Celebii said:

Was she still at the gym?

Golden Darkness

Spikeshell Trainer
I've seen the episode.

Several things:

Gligar, Girafarig, Growlithe, Steelix, Swampert and Beldum (evolved into Metang) is Masamune's team. Beldum evolved to Metang during its fight with Electrabuzz and gained a Psychic attack.

Masamune's final badge isn't one of the 8 known badges of Hoenn, meaning there's another gym in Hoenn we don't know about.

Tetsuya's Meowth has a even bigger hatred of Persians than TR Meowth. Apparently in the past it lost a battle with a Persian just when Tetsuya found them. After the Meowth was defeated, Tetsuya took care of it, and the Meowth became his Pokemon. The boots were originally to protect its injured feet from the snow(it was ina snowy area when this happened). Anyway, even though Tetsuya's Meowth has knocked out the opponent Persian in the preliminaries, it still wanted to beat up the unconscious Persian that Tetsuya had to recall it.

Ash's opponent was Hitmonlee. It was defeated with Iron Tail attacks.

Ash again lights the main League totch, with Professor Oak, Delia, Tracey, Misty, Norman, and Caroline watching on TV. Misty was wearing the outfit she wore during the Togepi/Mirage Kingdom episodes.

Last edited:
H

Hales

Did Delia get all emotional when she saw Ash on the tv screen? :) I love it when she does that it's such a motherly thing to do that its sweet.

I still want Ash to beat Masamune and Tetsuya!

Murgatroyd

Dull Manga Avatar
There were over 600 trainers involved in the preliminary rounds (which cut the number to 256).

For an episode with so many things happening, remarkably little happened.

MaskedManAbsolkid

It does sound good, with the return of all old characters. Out of curiosity, I'm sure I saw a picture of the guy with white beard from the other 2 leagues there. Is this true?

But I must admit, it sounds like the battling wasn't all that cracked up to be.

Golden Darkness

Spikeshell Trainer
Absolkid said:
It does sound good, with the return of all old characters. Out of curiosity, I'm sure I saw a picture of the guy with white beard from the other 2 leagues there. Is this true?

He appeared in the episode before this.

Alfonso

Derpgull
HA.

HA.

HA.

Misty was watching on the TV. Which pretty much means that she won't be appearing in person. *snigger* But, she loves Ash! She should be there, beside him, cheering him on! :O

Heh heh. I love the sound of Pokeshipper's hearts being broken in the morning. >3

Oh, and Tracey! Yay. ^__^ Nice to see he's appearing again. I'm little down that we didn't see Roxanne and her students watching the League and such... but, eh. I guess they don't care about my precious Tsu-chan. :3