• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Saved By The Beldum! (403)

Igottapoo

In my nightmares
Pretty good episode. I nearly screeched when Meowth was about to slice into Persian like there's no tomorrow. :O Good lord.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
in this episode the beldum of that morrison guy evolved if i'm not mistaken, it was a nice episode if you ask me.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Meowth beat Persian, it was great to see it beating a persian finally. and Matang was so powerfull.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Time to weed out the weaklings in the preliminaries.

Pretty good battles. Nice to Beldum evolve into something useful in the first battle, but Morrison's opponent was very annoying to listen to. And in Tyson's battle, I couldn't help but notice that Meowth got hit by a Shadow Ball. And Ash wins, of course. The flame finally lights up and the real tournament begins.

9/10.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
A Saved by the Bell reference? I didn't think the dub would sink that low. I've always enjoyed the prelimanaries for some reason, I guess because some of the most interesting battles take place like fighting a Persian with Water Pulse :p

Watching Morrison chase down that riceball again made me laugh. It was a funny gag, at least in the Japanese version (they changed it to a Sandwich in the dub). It was even funnier to see Glalie freeze Morrison, even if it was to save him. Loved seeing the rest of Morrison's team like Swampert, Gligar, and Steelix. Pretty good for a newbie. Tyson's Meowth helped save everyone, and it was the best intro episode in a long time.

As for the main battles, that big-lipped kid and his Electabuzz were pretty good. I didn't think Morrison's Beldum would have much trouble since Electric attacks don't do much damage against Steel types. Nice to see some backstory on the Meowth in boots, but Pikachu versus Hitmonlee was my favorite part since Pikachu hadn't received too much action. Overall, a 7/10 for the opening of the League.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
I always liked watching the Pokemon League, I dunno why I guess because it gets exciting really. That guy Morrison battled kinda sounded like a nutcase in a while lol. Nice to see Beldum evolved. I like the rivalry between Ash and Morrison, it's pretty interesting.
You can tell Boots Meowth really hates Persian, if it was a girl or TR's Meowth was a girl they would have made an interesting match lol.

I've just seen this ep, and I liked it quite much. This scene where Tetsuya's Meowth wanted to attack the already fainted Persian was incredibly awesome. Okay, don't get me wrong^^ It's not the fact that I wanted Persian to be attacked, it's just that it's very rare that something like hatred and bitterness is shown that way.

If you want to see something like that to a full extent, watch the 100th episode of Criminal Minds. If you've ever heard of that show before...

Anyway, on topic:

Is this the first episode of the Hoenn league? I forget, because it's been a while since I last saw it.

After seeing that flashback with Tyson's Meowth, I would like to see TR's Meowth go up against Giovanni's Persian. That would be a brawl of epic proportions.

Fun fact: (From TV.com) Tyson's Meowth resembles and sometimes acts like Puss In Boots from Shrek 2

G50

No longer posting
This episode was good. It was cool to see Morrison's battle. I'm glad Beldum evolved, it made it so much easier to compete having more attacks. It was great to see Tyson's Meowth being able to defeat the Persian. It was cool to see Ash defeat Hitmonlee with Pikachu's Iron Tail attack.

70/100

Vernikova

Champion
Why am I supposed to care about Morrison or Tyson? The writers haven't given me any reason to care about them. Tyson's Meowth has a sad story but I don't feel any emotional investment in it. I don't understand why the writers didn't introduce these characters earlier on and learned more about them over time.

Oh yeah, this was the episode with that weird guy that Morrison was facing.

About the whole Shadow Ball working on Tyson's Meowth thing:
You all know you're watching the anime, and that game mechanics don't have to adhere to the anime, right?

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Hee hee I liked how Morrison was chasing a rice ball again and I was happy to see his whole team now. I liked how Morrison's Beldum evolved as well, plus seeing him and Ash pass the preliminaries was cool. ^^

JudySpell

Banned
Metang looks worse than Beldum to me so I was disappointed when Morrison's Beldum evolved. I liked Ash's match more than Morrison's. 7.5/10

Gillachu

Banned
Morrison having a Metang was meh. He didn't seem worthy of owning one given his mediocre and unimpressive team in general...

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
The battles were okay to watch, but I think the one that impressed me the most was Tyson's battle. I couldn't figure out who was more annoying in Morrison's battle him or his opponent lol. Nice to see TR actually doing some honest work for once, and lastly nice to see Ash's friends and family watching him on television.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Morrison having a Metang was meh. He didn't seem worthy of owning one given his mediocre and unimpressive team in general...

Metang made some sense in my opinion cuz Beldum wasn't that strong and Morrison needed to be shown as a strong opponent for his inevitable league battle with Ash, hence its evolution. ^^;

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Metang made some sense in my opinion cuz Beldum wasn't that strong and Morrison needed to be shown as a strong opponent for his inevitable league battle with Ash, hence its evolution. ^^;

Eh, if Morrison needed to look strong, then he should've evolved Metang too since Metagross > Metang.