• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Saved By The Beldum! (403)

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
ChaosMage said:
Bollocks. If Tyson's Meowth evolved, it's attacks would be stronger. Sure it was good, but better>good every time. Just because something can defeat its evolved form doesn't mean it won't benefit from evolution if it does evolve. God, I hate when this 1st Stage>2nd Stage crap comes up. And I'm sick of seeing Persian appear so often only to get beaten by a Meowth all the time. I'm still waiting for Giovanni's Persian to tear Meowth apart in a battle.
We're basically saying the same thing, just focusing on different sides. Brock's point was that simply being an evolved form doesn't mean that the unevolved form will lose to it, it depends on the relative training and the individual pokemon. That's why he said evolution is more complicated than "higher form trumps lower form every time." Tyson's Meowth long ago passed the experience level needed to evolve and thus has far exceeded a normal Meowth's strength, enabling it to defeat even a skilled Persian. Of course this Meowth would be even stronger evolved but that's not the point. After all, any pokemon gets stronger when it evolves (except a Lightball-equipped Pikachu in the games, which loses substantial power as a Raichu but gains in all the other stats).

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

I'm watching the dub of this ep on the internet, and what is up with Tyson and his Meowth's voices? I mean, especially his Meowths!

and the whole Meowth and Persian story was touching! now we have two meowths that hate persians!

and Metang's dub voice sounds like Lucario's jap voice

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Sherlock Shuckle said:
Metang's dub voice
Metang's voice wasn't dubbed over.

...yeah, this isn't one of my best posts, eh folks?

water types rule

I still don't understand why Shadow Ball hit Persian and Meowth in certain parts of the episode, Ghost moves should have no effect whatsoever.

Rudoku

Your mom
water types rule said:
I still don't understand why Shadow Ball hit Persian and Meowth in certain parts of the episode, Ghost moves should have no effect whatsoever.
Meowth seems to be the only normal type pokemon that gets hit with Shadow Ball. It shouldn't, but the writers dug theirselves into that pit.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
I think Pokémon Fan put it best when he said:
Which really makes perfect sense. I don't know why they decided to make Normal types immune in the games. I mean a ball of explosive energy is going to hurt you unless your body naturally blocks or absorbs it somehow.
And I have to agree.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
They just figured ghosts can't tough 'normal' people or Pokemon, their hand or whatever goes right through them, and vice versa. But just like other type advantages and disadvantages, there are exceptions that make the rule senseless.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

Gravy said:
Metang's voice wasn't dubbed over.

...yeah, this isn't one of my best posts, eh folks?
well, I never saw the origonal so I didn't know.... And I didn't even know they had the same name!

anyway... Tyson's voice seems too deep... way to deep

Joe

Lost Fan #4815162342
Masamune sounded like someone off South Park. >_>; Oh my God, it was horrible. I was almost expecting him to start going swear-crazy.

On a different note, Meowth in Boots rocks. And I'd never seen Water Pulse in the anime before, but I really liked it here. 0o Looked kinda like a shockwave.

Aptenodytes

Masamune was scary. I expected him to sound more... well normal. Tyson was okay, but his Meowth had a hoarse sounding voice...

Masamune has Anger problems; or at least yelling problems. And this episode was another example of a miracle evolution-Beldum --> Metang. How many times must this go on in a Pokemon Anime episode?

Jeff Zero

Side note: did anyone else think the girl with the Persian (I think her name was Yuriko or something) was really cute? Because I did.XP Guess you can tell since I went to the trouble of making a picture of her.:p

Oh gosh yes! One of the cutest Pokemon girls ever! (and yes, her name was Yuriko in the Japanese version, and Vivica in the dub)

Last edited:

C.J. Ray

I wanted Shaymin! :(
You forgot that in the Pacifidlog contest, that Jacob's Houndoom used Shadow Ball on Skitty and it hit. Likewise, waaaay back in Ecruteak Gym, Morty's Gastly used Lick and it hit Noctowl, which is part normal.

Great episode.

Jeff Zero

You forgot that in the Pacifidlog contest, that Jacob's Houndoom used Shadow Ball on Skitty and it hit. Likewise, waaaay back in Ecruteak Gym, Morty's Gastly used Lick and it hit Noctowl, which is part normal.

Great episode.

I have to wonder if the creators even KNOW that Shadow Ball is a Ghost-type attack and thus doesn't work on normal-types. It's one of those attacks that EVERYONE has, like Iron Tail and Hyper Beam. The reason why is they're so easy to incorporate into the show. I remember playing Stadium 2 with my brother this summer, and he hasn't played a Pokemon game in years, and in one of our battles he used Shadow Ball since he knew it from the show and didn't know it wouldn't work on the Pokemon I was using (who no doubt was a normal type). Actually, he'd never played Gold or Silver either so there were a lot of attacks that he had no idea what they did.

Battra

A good episode the battles were ok to watch but I think the one that impressed me the most was Tyson and Meowth's battle. I couldn't figure out who was more annoying in Morrison's battle him or his opponent. Nice to see TR actually doing some honest work for once, and lastly nice to see Ashes friends and family watching him on television even if they couldn't make it to the competition.

flyboy1308

Coming Ta Town
I liked Tyson's Meowth in this episode.