• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Saving Braviary! (775)

gliscor&yanmega

Saw the pictures, I like the look of the episode.

I like that the grunts get names and some focus, it's more appealing to me when these characters get attention.

I don't really have much to say about the episode, knowing what's being said throughout the episode would help, I have a general idea what's being said but it's more enjoyable for me when I actually understand everything. Nevertheless, I'm sure I'll enjoy it a lot when I watch it. This looks like one of Pokemon's more violent episode, looks a bit emotional as well.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Normally there's more posts in here by now (and I'm talking about users here, not the new rule) That either means one of two things: The episode was good but nothing overly exciting to talk about or no one really cared to watch the episode. Based on comments read, I'm going with option 1. You standard operation of episodes, Pokemon being targeted, group tries to help said Pokemon, group battles evil organization, targeted Pokemon ends up saving the day. The only thing that made this different was N.

I'm not complaining about the episode, just saying it's pretty basic. If I were to give ratings (I know, this is like the first time I've ever done this) I'd give it a 7/10 for the grunts somehow getting the two most ferocious of enemies to get alone together. That and N making this formula episode a little less formulated

i quite enjoyed this episode
though im sad no one brought that bravery to anyone's team (ash) because it was epic looking..

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
Wow, I really like this episode! Its pretty deep stuff... Its so cool!

Man, N is something. I like how he's got the devices to mess with Team Plasma in order to save Pokemon! I like the van idea, too bad Team Plasma Grunt noticed him. :O
Hmm... Well, some coincidence I guess. Lol, the place where N falls down from with Braviary is the same place Ash, Iris and Cilan were walking. XD

Ooh, its cool they're showing the Pokemon Center like this at night seems scary with Team Plasma around... Oh, looks like both N and Braviary got hurt.

Awesome idea N! He's pretty clever, using a fake to guide Team Plasma to him while Ash, Iris and Cilan set Braviary free. Its a good thing they came back to rescue N! :p
I like the Team Plasma tag battle, with Ash and Iris! Man, Zangoose and Seviper were pretty scary against Pikachu and Excadrill... Bye Braviary. :/

Awe, this episode's pretty good! Also, kind of emotional and touching... Yay, N is fine with battles now!

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
This episode was interesting. N has been epic so far and seems a bit reckless too when he rescued Braviery. I find it funny that N literally falls onto the same path that Ash, Iris, and Cilan are coincidentally traveling on. Also there was some good action in the battles with Team Plasma and Team Plasma has been portrayed really well in the anime so far. It was a good episode 8/10

Kyrousa Izanami

The lazy noob
This episode was very good it makes me wonder If Che Sato the voice of Jessie's Seviper is dead I went to find out on Bulbapedia it didn't say death about Che Sato that means she is still alive and I thought Lucy's Seviper is voiced by Che Sato because I have not watched the Japanese version of AG158 that is before I started watching Pokemon Japanese Episodes in 2007 If that same male voice actor replaces Che Sato some older Asian audience think it is not that is not a same Seviper from Advanced Generation Series that means she is retired I am just assuming If that will happen after the N arc.

Haunter ゴースト

The episode was entertaining and fun, however there was two things that kind of bugged me:

-Despite how epic the Pikachu being weak and Ash shouting moment, i couldn't get over the fact Pikachu was too weak after one iron tail attack. On top of that, if it wasn't for Braviary Pikachu would have been defeated. Still, the scene was cool and N's realisation was interesting.

-This felt like a full blown filler, the difference being that instead of X COTD and X VillainOTD, it was N and Team Plasma instead. The only thing that makes this not a filler is the fact N will start travelling with the crew now.

I liked the interactions with N, I liked his realisation of Pokemon Battling, I liked the Pikachu vs Zangoose scene. Good episode.

7/10.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Not a bad episode. I wish N spilled his royal blood though.

p96822

Evolve me please
That Zangoose had Mega Punch and it can't learn it in gen 5 and it was wierd to see that move on it. I did love that Braviairy bird slapped Zangoose and Seviper.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
Wait! I thought Zangoose and Seviper were enemies by nature!? Then again I guess with the right training they can get along. :p

RVD_fan

I thought this was a nice little episode. Like the other N episode, I really feel like I need to hear the dialogue before I judge. Team Plasma looked pretty good here though, these two grunts held their own against Ash and Iris.

This episode definitely highlights a big issue though. N should really have some sort of way to defend himself. Obviously he can't have Pokemon, and he's not really a scientist so he can't have gadgets. I don't know how you solve this one, but the whole thing where he jumps into the way of attacks will get tiresome fast. Still, I like that they actually show the damage he's taken. How many times as Ash taken a Pokemon attack and come out without a scratch?

jrizza88

Meteorite
Nice episode! 8/10. So happy Excadrill was used and not Dragonite. Emolga is the only one due to help battle it out since the other three on Iris's team battled.

No. 1 Machop Fan

Seviper and Zangoose willingly working together!?

Seviper and Zangoose are natural enemies and despise each other's presence. This has been established multiple times in the Anime.

The writers stuffed up again. -_-

Normally there's more posts in here by now (and I'm talking about users here, not the new rule) That either means one of two things: The episode was good but nothing overly exciting to talk about or no one really cared to watch the episode. Based on comments read, I'm going with option 1. You standard operation of episodes, Pokemon being targeted, group tries to help said Pokemon, group battles evil organization, targeted Pokemon ends up saving the day. The only thing that made this different was N.

I'm not complaining about the episode, just saying it's pretty basic. If I were to give ratings (I know, this is like the first time I've ever done this) I'd give it a 7/10 for the grunts somehow getting the two most ferocious of enemies to get alone together. That and N making this formula episode a little less formulated

Well actually, I believe it's the new rule to only post once during the air time. Most posts are made during the half an hour slot rather than afterwards.

Seviper and Zangoose are natural enemies and despise each other's presence. This has been established multiple times in the Anime.

They are trained Pokemon used by competent trainers. I don't see what's the problem. Nitpicking about small things and ridiculing the writers is a cool thing to do now isn't it?

My only complaint in this episode was the sloppy battle in the end. But it was understandable because they had to fit it in the little time slot. The OST seems to have changed a bit (probably from movie 15). I think it suited the episode well. N's action part was excellent, and Ash considering N's feelings before fighting Team Plasma was good too.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
I really liked this episode, it was dialogue-heavy at some scenes so I probably didn't appreciate the episode as much as I could have but it was good. Hands down N is becoming one of my favorite characters, why? Mainly because of how much he went through for Wargle's sake this episode. He shows an unselfish and considerate nature of the Pokemon, not in the Satoshi way, but in his own way. TP and N were my favorite antagonist of the game, in the game he comes off as more cryptic and delusional in PokeSpe he comes off as more antagonistic and psychotic. In the anime he comes off as being heroic with a hint of man-childish behavior, not unlike his game counterpart but still has a natural feel to it. It's hard to explain.

You can especially feel the emotion during the first scene where N gets backslashed/bitten by Nero and Bianco's Habunake and Zangoose, that mainly has to do with how good his VA is. In all honesty I thought N's VA did an excellent job and in-comparison to more popular VAs like Mamoru Miyano, I'll never understand why the latter is so popular. MamoMiya just seems so standard and I never understood why he was so popular aside from being a Japanese Jonas Brother-type idol, Aoi Yuki is a pretty newbie VA I know, but her VAing never came off as good as Yuichi Nakamura's in this ep. I just really liked the Wargle's grateful nature, knowing just how much turmoil and pain N was going through. His interactions were great and he meshed well with Satoshi-tachi, I also really liked how at the end Dento starts to talk about the marriage between the four of them. XD

Bianco and Nero weren't standard grunts, they're anime exclusive but they stand-out in their own right. One of my problems with Galactic, Aqua, and Magma grunts and TR agents is most of them just seem like general copies of each other with the same exact Pokemon. Mostly the ugly-looking bats. These two grunts were rather badass, I like how their names are Italian for black and white and they have two Pokemon that are black and white. It was nice to see Zangoose and Habunake not trying to kill each other given they supposedly have been feuding for generations. Cool to see Doryuzu get a win, he hasn't had one in a while, Iris clearly was going for a second KO with Zangoose which was unsurprising.

The small reference to Iris's development back in Langley's debut episode originally went over my head, though it was nice that once Doryuzu was tiring Iris considered his feeling and returned him to his Pokeball. N saw that and seemed to might have developed a little from seeing a trainer care for their Pokemon like that, given one of Iris's past flaws was that she couldn't understand her Pokemon very well, specifically Doryuzu and the Ononodo from her young childhood. I also liked the moment where N was examining Satoshi and Pikachu during the bout with Zangoose, I personally would have preferred seeing Satoshi use something other than Pikachu however.

I think the writers really got N down and this is exactly what I mean when it comes to the quality of an antagonist and not the quantity. Team Galactic were underwhelming and anticlimactic but the writers seem to be doing well by TP. It was nice seeing my favorite Isshu bird, he kinda looked high throughout this episode which was amusing. I really liked the bond he formed with N. N's intelligence with getting into the truck, making a plan, and also his athleticism were amazing. It reminded me of how he's a prodigy in the games.

Overall, it was another great TP/N episode.

Almost forgot, loved the fact that N was freeing a Wargle from TP. Because eagles represent liberation.

Last edited:

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Just saw this episode. X3 It was really cute, I liked when N joined the group and them all talking at the end. XD DENTO FRICKING STOLE THE KITCHEN. XD

I also liked how they bait and switched. I was giggling at how obvious it was and was tricked too. XD

A few minor things annoyed me though:

-I really don't like how Team Plasma grunts' mouths don't move with those bandanas over them. ~.~
-Those little red blinking things-you'd think N would have found that a lot sooner or SOMEONE would have

And didn't annoy me lol, but I laughed when Ash an co. were all: "N YOU HAVE A SCRATCH! LET's TAKE YOU TO THE POKEMON CENTER!!" XD

As for Zangoose and Seviper they got along because they are star-crossed lovers and Bianco's going to soon find out his lurver Nero is part of Team Rocket. :3

Last edited:

gliscor&yanmega

Just saw this episode. X3 It was really cute, I liked when N joined the group and them all talking at the end. XD DENTO FRICKING STOLE THE KITCHEN. XD

I also liked how they bait and switched. I was giggling at how obvious it was and was tricked too. XD

A few minor things annoyed me though:

-I really don't like how Team Plasma grunts' mouths don't move with those bandanas over them. ~.~
-Those little red blinking things-you'd think N would have found that a lot sooner or SOMEONE would have

And didn't annoy me lol, but I laughed when Ash an co. were all: "N YOU HAVE A SCRATCH! LET's TAKE YOU TO THE POKEMON CENTER!!" XD

As for Zangoose and Seviper they got along because they are star-crossed lovers and Bianco's going to soon find out his lurver Nero is part of Team Rocket. :3

I think the thing with the tracking device was that because it was Red it blended in with Braviary and wasn't noticeable until it was actually dark and a shine was coming from it. Plus Braviary head feathers were kind of covering it.

Hardly. Just because they have a history of being enemies doesn't mean they'll always be at each other's throats, it's not different then Animals being able to coexist with each other despite usually not getting along in some way.

I thought this was a nice little episode. Like the other N episode, I really feel like I need to hear the dialogue before I judge. Team Plasma looked pretty good here though, these two grunts held their own against Ash and Iris.

This episode definitely highlights a big issue though. N should really have some sort of way to defend himself. Obviously he can't have Pokemon, and he's not really a scientist so he can't have gadgets. I don't know how you solve this one, but the whole thing where he jumps into the way of attacks will get tiresome fast. Still, I like that they actually show the damage he's taken. How many times as Ash taken a Pokemon attack and come out without a scratch?

Well he does seem to have gadgets, considering he used one to hack the door and open it. But the thing with N is he doesn't want to harm a Pokemon, there's not much ways for him to defend himself without ending up hurting a Pokemon, he rather use himself as a means to defend a Pokemon.

CupidKirby

Not a bad episode. I was enjoying watching how cunning both N and the Plasma grunts were. And I'm sure someone else already said it, but it's nice seeing the grunts have different designs, voices, names, and taste in pokemon. Makes the enemy Ash and the others have to fight new and interesting each time. Seeing N duke it out without any Pokemon is almost painful to watch.

A few things:
- I was doing a guessing game the whole episode which voice came from which grunt. Seriously, who?
- If they took out that flashback of N telling Ash and the others what to do, they could've extended the battle. At least then Pikachu wouldn't be at freaking 1HP after an iron tail.
- To be honest, I think the episode would've been better if it were just Ash and N. Iris and Dent were cool but the pauses put in so they could speak really ruined the momentum of some scenes. That's just my opinion though.

Not a bad episode. I wish N spilled his royal blood though.

Blood? In Pokemon(anime)? That's a good one. I'm already shocked they were willing to show N get injured at all.

I liked that Excadrill appeared and got a win. That was probably the highlight for me. I also enjoyed Seviper and Zangoose working together as opposed to trying to kill each other.

Overall it was good and Braviary got a proper showcasing.