• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Saving Braviary! (775)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Sigh, this seemed like a great episode at first glance, but I found several problems with it like N's recklessness throughout the episode. Like, I know he loves Pokemon but he got hurt trying to help Braviary and I have to wonder if it was really worth it. Plus in the games N was always so calm and collected and this episode ruined that imo. Anyway, the episode had some highlights: mostly Team Plasma's involvement in the episode. I liked that those two grunts attacked the Pokemon Center and that all the action took place at night. I also loved the final scene where Braviary flew away at dawn, mostly because of the animation.

NPT

Just a member
This episode wasn't half bad. N temporary joining the group was nice.

Cilan said "best wishes" again! It's interesting how the english TPCi keep referencing to the current series' japanese title in the dub.

Last edited:

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Another good episode for N, admirable that he was willing to put everything at stake to make sure that braviary wouldn't get taken, especially when it was injured. Even if his views on owning pokemon are still extreme at this point, he's getting to be quite the likeable character.

7/10

So, I guess the Pokemon centers can also operate like normal Hospitals as well.
Didn't think they would be equipped to deal with any human patients in this world.

JudySpell

Banned
As a huge Braviary fanatic I wish Ash hand bonded with it instead of this being more of an N episode. What a missed opportunity. 5/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I was impressed by the lengths that N went through to protect the Braviary from Team Plasma, including how he endured attacks from Zangoose and Seviper. I also loved how this episode took place at night ha ha. ^^

Leonhart

Imagineer
While it was intense watching N take so many hits to rescue the Wargle, he seemed to be the Plasma-dan's punching bag in this episode, which I found disturbing. N really should've owned a few Pokemon in the anime like he did in the Isshu games. But even so, it was nice to see Satoshi's friends help Wargle.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
This felt like a full blown filler, the difference being that instead of X COTD and X VillainOTD, it was N and Team Plasma instead. The only thing that makes this not a filler is the fact N will start travelling with the crew now.

Alloutℯ

Banned
We got N's flaws fleshed out, showing how reckless he can be and how much pain he goes through protecting Pokemon. His ingenious plan to get Braviary out of the Pokemon Centre came off as being lulzy and bit too predictable to me, but it worked out in the end.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Frankly, it seemed amazing that those two Plasma-dan grunts managed to make their Zangoose and Habunake work together in this episode, which we'd never seen in the past since those species are mortal enemies.

Wow Zangoose and Seviper managed to battle side by side without tearing at each other apart. It was nice seeing a plot revolve around ust Team Plasma alone without any interference from Team Rocket. I liked having N around again too and I'm really glad he'll be joining the BW group for awhile. I look forward to seeing how he learns from Ash and Co about their kind of bond between Pokemon.

Timmyson

Pretty standard episode. Although it seemed very forced to have Pikachu suddenly be exhausted form battling Zangoose after only one Iron Tail collision.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Timmyson said:
Pretty standard episode. Although it seemed very forced to have Pikachu suddenly be exhausted form battling Zangoose after only one Iron Tail collision.

It was just a plot contrivance to make the Plasma-dan members seem stronger than they should've been from my viewpoint. Pikachu usually has impressive stamina in general for such a little guy, so his weakened state here didn't convince me.